MFP Runner's Club - July 3

Options
13»

Replies

• thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow runners!

Today my husband and I also did a tempo run. It was six miles and it took me 64 minutes, which was a little faster than my last tempo run last Thursday. There were thunderstorms here all night last night, but it was cool this morning and looks to be shaping up to be a nice afternoon so it was a great day to run.

I'm with you pmkelly that I need to do more yoga/stretching. I've been doing at least ten minutes after each workout, but all the running makes the old muscles pretty tight and in need of more than that. It's hard to fit everything in, especially when I come home from my run and my dog Sierra is looking at me sadly asking to go for a walk. Too bad she's too old now to go running with us.
    Have a beautiful day everybody.:happy:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Good morning runners!

Today I did weight lifting. There is a class at my gym called "Body Pump" and we work different areas of the body to different songs. Boy does it kick my butt!

Have a fabulous day!

omg I love that class!!! I was just telling a pal about it....they don't have it near where I live now...bummer!!! I wish they sold tapes!!

hugs and good luck!
    Ali :drinker:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I did my P90X chest and back workout this morning. It is basically 1 hour of push ups and chin ups, with a few dumbbell exercises thrown in. I am whipped!! I am going to try to run tonight, but I still have an ab workout to do also.

Here's to a great day of exercise!!

Whoa!!! you're amazing!!! you go boy!!!:drinker:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    mapmyrun.com

this is an amazing site

Totally addicted to this site! :love: Added three new courses today!! Racking up those points - for what I don't know! but I am!!
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Good morning runners!

Today I did weight lifting. There is a class at my gym called "Body Pump" and we work different areas of the body to different songs. Boy does it kick my butt!

Have a fabulous day!

I LOVE me some Body Pump!! I have been doing it regularly since January and I am amazed at how much I can lift now! I do it every Tuesday night and my thighs, butt and inner thighs always hurt until Saturday!!

So you mean it doesn't get any easier? Hahahahaha :)
  • raiderfan16
    Options
    Hello fellow runners!
    I am new to running (last 8 months or so) and am hooked! I just completed my first 1/2 marathon. This crazy thought was brought on by the "plateau" in my diet plan....never ending weight watchers member (until I found this site). Anyway, it was fabulous. I did it in Anchorage, AK. Weather was 60 and rainy...perfect for running. It was much more hilly than I was use to (from Texas). But...I finished. My goal was 3 hrs. I did it in 3 hrs: 4 mins and 59.5 seconds. I am already signed up for my second one in November. I look forward to all of your motivation!! Happy running!!

74530.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter