ANYone use the ITWORKS body wraps?

Options

Replies

• WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Oh man I'm lmao!!
    If you're interested in trying wraps, you can always rub vinegar and coconut oil all over your belly and then wrap with plastic wrap (like for food.) And leave this on overnight. I've never tried this, but have heard lot's of people like the result's.

THIS IS WHY I DONT COMMENT! CUS MY POST CLEARLY STATES 'HAS ANYONE EVER USED THE ITWORKS BODY WRAPS'.... AND CLEARLY IF U HAVE NOT USED THEM OR ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS OR HAD FRIENDS THAT HAVE THEN THIS POST WAS NOT MEANT FOR UR HATEFUL SMART *kitten*!

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO JUDGE A PERSON BY WHAT THEY MAY OR MAY NOT WANT TO TRY..TO DETOX THEIR BODY.... SERIOUSLY? THOUGHT THIS SITE WAS FOR ENCOURAGEMENT AND YET... THERES ALOT OF NEGATIVE SMART-*kitten* COMMENTS THAT COULD BE KEPT TO YOURSELF! NOT JUST YOU, BUT EVERYONE ELSE THAT FELT THE NEED TO BE HATEFUL. YOU JUST HAPPENED TO BE THE LAST ONE I SAW...

NO I HAVE NOT TRIED THEM, YES I HAVE HEARD POSITIVE FEEDBACK FROM FRIENDS IN REGARDS TO THE DETOX THAT THEY CAN GIVE YOUR BODY... AND NO IM NOT LOOKING TO LOOSE A BUNCH OF WEIGHT BY USING A WRAP THAT I KNOW CANNOT PHYSICALLY DO THAT.

Please fix your caps lock key, it appears to be stuck.

This site is for encouragement. The prevailing theme of the responses in this thread has been to encourage the OP to to use means of weightloss that are more scientifically documented and researched to be effective. That doesn't appear to include these wraps. If losing weight were as easy as preparing a baked potato I'd happily slather (fat free) sour cream all over myself, wrap up in plastic wrap and hurl myself headlong into the microwave for a few minutes. But it isn't.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    "Detox". The magic buzz word that used to mean rehab. Like, where you "stopped ingesting toxins" and "let your body do the detox" while you went to group talk therapy sessions. I don't think there was any Saran wrap involved.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love them and recently became a distributor after some time. However the greens are my FAVORITE! But yes the wraps do work. They do not get rid of fat, itworks wraps promotes a healthy diet and exercise. They detoxify you and shrink the fat cells. You can maintain your results.

You cannot detox your body... there is no need to. And a wrap will not shrink your fat cells.

These wraps are a complete waste of time and money. I get so sick of hearing about these and have deleted many people off facebook for trying to sell this crap and making it so it's all I see when I log in.
  • cookierinthia
    cookierinthia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I agree with whomever posted in all CAPS, if you haven't used the wrap or tried the products, why are you commenting? You don't have to agree, but you don't have to tear folk down either. I am not a distributor, but two of my friends are, who used the products for a length of time before becoming distributors. I see the results and they're good. I've bought the wrap and I'll be using it soon.

There was nothing wrong with the cap locks, this individual was frustrated and made their point, which was a good one. Stop trying to discourage people, just because you don't like and/or endorse a product, doesn't mean that you need to knock everyone else. Everything does not work for everybody.

As for thisismeraw, why are you even commenting if you dislike this topic so much? If you've deleted FB friends for posts, why do you feel the need to comment here. I would think that you would steer clear of topics that you apparently detest so much.

I will post my results soon for those who are interested.
  • cookierinthia
    Options
    You have every right to be aggravated, I would be too. I posted a response to you, I have the wraps and I will share my results with you if you're interested.
    Oh man I'm lmao!!
    If you're interested in trying wraps, you can always rub vinegar and coconut oil all over your belly and then wrap with plastic wrap (like for food.) And leave this on overnight. I've never tried this, but have heard lot's of people like the result's.

THIS IS WHY I DONT COMMENT! CUS MY POST CLEARLY STATES 'HAS ANYONE EVER USED THE ITWORKS BODY WRAPS'.... AND CLEARLY IF U HAVE NOT USED THEM OR ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS OR HAD FRIENDS THAT HAVE THEN THIS POST WAS NOT MEANT FOR UR HATEFUL SMART *kitten*!

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO JUDGE A PERSON BY WHAT THEY MAY OR MAY NOT WANT TO TRY..TO DETOX THEIR BODY.... SERIOUSLY? THOUGHT THIS SITE WAS FOR ENCOURAGEMENT AND YET... THERES ALOT OF NEGATIVE SMART-*kitten* COMMENTS THAT COULD BE KEPT TO YOURSELF! NOT JUST YOU, BUT EVERYONE ELSE THAT FELT THE NEED TO BE HATEFUL. YOU JUST HAPPENED TO BE THE LAST ONE I SAW...

NO I HAVE NOT TRIED THEM, YES I HAVE HEARD POSITIVE FEEDBACK FROM FRIENDS IN REGARDS TO THE DETOX THAT THEY CAN GIVE YOUR BODY... AND NO IM NOT LOOKING TO LOOSE A BUNCH OF WEIGHT BY USING A WRAP THAT I KNOW CANNOT PHYSICALLY DO THAT.
  • cookierinthia
    Options
    I hate when folk provide input, who doesn't have the answer to the question. Ignore the negavity, everyone has an opinion and unfortunately wants everyone else to hear it. No one should have responded to your post if they hadn't tried the wraps. Period.
    Oh man I'm lmao!!

• Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    ok so i originally had a very supportive post for you but if you want to know email me :)
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    TL;DR - No, they don't work. They can tone for a short period (24-48h) but have no long lasting impact. The claims of a "detox" are completely bunk and are not at all supported by ANY science. It's voodoo.

For a short summary see: http://www.webmd.com/beauty/spa/body-wraps-what-to-expect?page=2

There is a lot more in-depth scientific studies you can reference that say "these are junk and pseudo/bro science" at best.

Pretty much anytime you see a claim of "Detox your body" you can bet there has been no real science done to support that claim or bad science at best. It's a marketing catchphrase that is completely meaningless.

Edit: (for reference) My mother is a cosmetologist who ran a tanning salon and day spa. They don't work. They didn't work 10 years ago and they don't work today (except for very short time periods due to water weight loss and short term skin toning... but it lasts only as long as you keep up with them.)
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I hate when folk provide input, who doesn't have the answer to the question. Ignore the negavity, everyone has an opinion and unfortunately wants everyone else to hear it. No one should have responded to your post if they hadn't tried the wraps. Period.

Okay, then we should just let everyone waste their hard earned money on junk that won't work. Some might find it helpful to know that it is just junk that won't work. But okay, whatever, it's your time, money & disappointment.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    hB7090702
  • deksgrl
    Options
    hB7090702

Superior kitteh tries to be superior to take attention away from crooked mustache.
  • MissyShelle776
    Options
    I did the wrap last year before a trip to New Orleans. I did everything right and gained about 3 inches and was so bloated on my trip, I didn't post any pictures of me. I reacted badly. When I called the distributor about it, she said I must have too many toxins in my body and I need to stop ingesting junk (?????). So yes, they aren't great.

I have friends that have used them. They saw some minimal results but nothing long-term. Seriously, eat right, drink water and exercise. Now that works.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I don't think I did it right. I had a c-section, and it helped make my stretch marks less red-looking so that was the only good thing that came out of it.
  • Anitap155
    Anitap155 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have not used them personally (nor will I ever), but I know one person who sells these and another who uses plastic wrap and Prep H and gets the same TEMPORARY results, so if I were to say anything about it I would say "don't waste your money in ITWORKS wraps, plastic wrap from the grocery does the same thing for less" :happy:
  • cfergusontx
    Options
    Find a distributor and take a good long look at them! Are they thin, fit and toned? Probably not. I know a distributor and she's been selling for a long time, she's always talking about how they help everyone lose weight, yada yada yada and yet they haven't helped her!
  • faithisbeauty
    faithisbeauty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I do apologize but I am a distributor and I am slim and I use to be big I have lost weight with the wraps in addition to other products we carry, with products you still need to work out and eat healthy in order to see lasting results, but the products really do work
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I used a wrap right after I had my daughter two years ago. While I didn't lose any inches, it did significantly help the horrid stretch marks I had (i.e. They were purple, and a day or so after I used the wrap they were slightly pink.)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Yes they work on wrapping you up in monthly supplies so upline makes bucu bucks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

LOL This!!!
  • alsgal87
    alsgal87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use to tighten up my loose belly skin (3 kids will do that) during the summer bikini months, but now that I'm tightening up with exercise, it really doesn't seem to do anything. If it's a detox you are looking for, there are cheaper ways to do it...like a juice cleanse, and that's healthy.

Juice cleanses aren't particularly healthy either.
    MjAxMi0yMWZlYTU1YjkwM2RhZjUz.png

:drinker:
    Thank you. Peer reviewed studies are absolutely necessary when one is making such huge claims while possibly profiting from those claims. Scientific evidence isn't everything, but it really is the only thing we have in order to have facts that support a statement. Personal experience is the lowest form of data because our brains are so easily manipulated by the placebo effect. I have yet to come across any good study that shows A) "toxins" are building up and causing all these problems and B) that doing any detox has any clinically meaningful outcome. This is a tangent, but detoxes, I don't care who prescribes them, do one thing: make your conscience feel better while you pee more and poop more. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that you have eliminated any build up of anything. Sorry, but it's true. If it makes you feel better, great, but to make the claims that the reason you feel better is because you have just gotten rid of all of these toxins is not based on any scientific data whatsoever. If you have gotten great results from these wraps, good for you! It is well know that there are spa treatments out there to momentarily change the appearance of cellulite and other unsightly issues. But this is due to mechanical manipulation as well as water loss. NOT because you just got rid of a bunch of toxins hiding in your adipose tissue. Unless you can support this with evidence, it appears to be a marketing scheme to lure naive people in.

I have a double genetic mutation. I received a 677T from one parent and 1298C from the other. Condensed version is my body, now that it has reached a tipping point with stress and my adrenals are worn out. Needs to detox once every couple of months. Otherwise I could spend all day trying to get the energy up just to do normal activity's. I take some supplements for it and eat paleo. So it is valid that detoxing needs to happen. I feel so much better and have gone up to four months without having to do a cleanse. It has saved my quality of life, for which I am grateful.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    alsgal87 wrote: »
    I use to tighten up my loose belly skin (3 kids will do that) during the summer bikini months, but now that I'm tightening up with exercise, it really doesn't seem to do anything. If it's a detox you are looking for, there are cheaper ways to do it...like a juice cleanse, and that's healthy.

Juice cleanses aren't particularly healthy either.
    MjAxMi0yMWZlYTU1YjkwM2RhZjUz.png

:drinker:
    Thank you. Peer reviewed studies are absolutely necessary when one is making such huge claims while possibly profiting from those claims. Scientific evidence isn't everything, but it really is the only thing we have in order to have facts that support a statement. Personal experience is the lowest form of data because our brains are so easily manipulated by the placebo effect. I have yet to come across any good study that shows A) "toxins" are building up and causing all these problems and B) that doing any detox has any clinically meaningful outcome. This is a tangent, but detoxes, I don't care who prescribes them, do one thing: make your conscience feel better while you pee more and poop more. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that you have eliminated any build up of anything. Sorry, but it's true. If it makes you feel better, great, but to make the claims that the reason you feel better is because you have just gotten rid of all of these toxins is not based on any scientific data whatsoever. If you have gotten great results from these wraps, good for you! It is well know that there are spa treatments out there to momentarily change the appearance of cellulite and other unsightly issues. But this is due to mechanical manipulation as well as water loss. NOT because you just got rid of a bunch of toxins hiding in your adipose tissue. Unless you can support this with evidence, it appears to be a marketing scheme to lure naive people in.

I have a double genetic mutation. I received a 677T from one parent and 1298C from the other. Condensed version is my body, now that it has reached a tipping point with stress and my adrenals are worn out. Needs to detox once every couple of months. Otherwise I could spend all day trying to get the energy up just to do normal activity's. I take some supplements for it and eat paleo. So it is valid that detoxing needs to happen. I feel so much better and have gone up to four months without having to do a cleanse. It has saved my quality of life, for which I am grateful.

*ahem*

Saying '677T' and '1298C' means nothing in genetics. That just means that in ANY genes active sequence (ie, not the promoter) the DNA position 677 has a T instead of a A, G or C and position 1298 has a C instead A G or T in it. It doesn't even mean it's a mutation and In most cases if a change like that happens, it doesn't affect the structure of the protein strand it creates at all. I could say the same thing about the DNA in the E. coli strains I worked with back in my university research days.

I'm really hoping you didn't pay good money to a 123DNA type company to tell you this.

Unless your 'mutations' mean your liver and kidneys don't function, your body does all the detoxing it needs. If you found out this information from a registered physician who has told you that you have an officially registered and recognised genetic disorder, and they haven't helped you in other ways other than telling you to detox, you need a new physician.

If paleo eating and some supplements (whatever they may be), have stopped your need for a cleanse, it means that something in your old diet was affecting your hormonal balance.

Please read: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!