Recipes using greek yoghurt

Options
tatey2009
tatey2009 Posts: 47
Hi all

I am only on day 3 of my new healthy eating and exercise plan and I keep noticing people mentioning greek yoghurt, which seems to be pretty much a staple of everyone's diet on here

My request is can you all post some recipes using greek yoghurt? I cook everything from scratch and would love some lunch ideas using this

Many thanks:happy:

Replies

• kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    The only thing I've tried with greek yogurt is pancakes, and they were absolutely delicious! The recipe is here: http://media.tumblr.com/e2e79044fdaa45ba60d5f021aaa018e2/tumblr_inline_mpewbz9d2U1qz4rgp.png It makes four rather fat pancakes instead of three. According to MFP, one pancake (without butter or syrup) is about 90 calories!
  • nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    memememe i got one for you ... it helps eat veggies.... i bought the small dip size container of plain greek yogurt and added a pack of hidden valley fiesta ranch to it and dipped my cucumbers and tomatoes in it... i am addicted now i LOVE it and under hundred calories for a cup cucumber, cup tomatoes and 4 tbs dip... very good...
  • DancesWithDogz
    DancesWithDogz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I am only on day 3 of my new healthy eating and exercise plan and I keep noticing people mentioning greek yoghurt, which seems to be pretty much a staple of everyone's diet on here

My request is can you all post some recipes using greek yoghurt? I cook everything from scratch and would love some lunch ideas using this

Many thanks:happy:

Simple rule of thumb....anywhere you would use "sour cream", switch to "plain greek yogurt"
  • tatey2009
    Options
    ahhh thanks guys, I think a couple of tubs will be going on this weeks shopping list x
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    GY + protein power/sf pudding + fruit. Semi freeze.

Eat :smile:
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Blend equal parts w/ frozen fruit and a bit of sweetener, it's like ice cream!
  • tatey2009
    Options
    oh my ChrisDavey, that sounds good! I use a chocolate orange whey protein powder so this sounds like it would be a low calorie low fat chocolate desert
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    MANGO CHEESECAKE

Low Fat Cream cheese 60grams
    Reduced fat greek style yoghurt, 100grams
    Half a ripe mango, blended roughly
    15 ounces of water
    No added sugar mango drink 7 ounces (I use "Bolero")
    Canderelle Yellow - 1 tablespoon
    One digestive biscuit
    1 tablespoon of breakfast oatmeal
    1 dessertspoon of ground almonds
    1 teaspoon of low fat spread (I cant believe its not butter Light)
    Small chunks of mango to garnish
    2 leaves of gelatin.

In a food processor grind the biscuit,oatmeal, almonds and low fat spread until fine. Place half into each of two sundae glasses and press down. Chill in refrigerator.
    Put gelatin to soak in cold water.
    In a basin, cream and cheese and yogurt together and stir in the mango pulp reserving a few pieces to decorate.
    Place the water, mango drink and canderell into a pan and bring to heat. when gelatin is flaccid and ready to use, add to the hot liquid and stir vigorously to dissolve. Add this to the cheese and yoghurt mixture.
    Pour into the glasses and chill for four hours until set. Decorate with mango pieces and a mint sprig.

227 calories per large serving, but oh so worth it! Serves two
  • allall1
    allall1 Posts: 6
    Options
    My new favorite treat is Greek Yogurt sprinkled with very little Cystral Lite Lemonaide. Other flavors or brands work well too. Tastes sort of like lemon pie filling.
  • mrsdauer
    mrsdauer Posts: 102
    Options
    i recently started buying greek yogurt because I was also hearing from so many people how great it is...plus great for you. I was worried that because it was PLAIN yogurt that it would be gross...but because I am a total sour cream addict....it is awesome! I use it to replace where I would normally eat sour cream (taco meat, tacos, chili, recipes calling for sour cream) over the 4th I mixed ranch dressing dip pkt it was great (keep an eye on the sodium though with ranch)....
    you wont be disappointed....
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    we don't like to eat it as-is, but i use it instead of milk or sour cream in mac and cheese.
  • rickloving
    rickloving Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I mix strawberry protein powder into the Greek yogurt for a fruit dip instead of whip cream, marshmallow fluff, and cream cheese...

I mix chocolate protein powder into it to make a chocolate pudding treat..

I add it to my tacos after adding a little taco seasoning to it, to replace sour cream...

I mix it into scrambled eggs to replace cream cheese

I use it in all my shakes instead of vanilla ice cream..
  • downsizingdonna
    Options
    I add 1 tablespoon of flax seed and 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and splenda to my Fage non fat plain greek yogurt. Its delicious, healthy and filling.
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt chicken

4 chicken breast/thighs (boneless skinless)
    1c.- 1 1/2c. of Plain greek yogurt
    1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (I use the 2% it's only 45 calories)
    1 tsp Garlic
    1/2 tsp slap ya mama (cajun season) or your fav Mrs. Dash seasoning
    1 tsp salt if you must
    I add Asian hot sauce
    1/2 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 400

In a medium sized mix bowl, mix together your yogurt, cheese, and seasonings. Once you have that all mixed together, have a casserole dish ready and coat your chicken nice and thick with the mixture. Put in oven and cook till chicken is done.
  • al142005
    al142005 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt Lemon Pepper Chicken

1 chicken breast
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
    lemon pepper
    salt
    lemon juice
    poultry seasoning
    cayenne

Mix it all together and cover the breast with the mixture. Spray a sheet pan with a bit of olive oil. Bake for ~30min at 350F.

You can also roll the breast in bread crumbs after the yogurt coating if you want to. :) Either way, all the juices get sealed into the tangy lemon coated breast. YUM!!! :D

Enjoy!
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yum
  • ThatOperaGirl
    ThatOperaGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If you mix it with some very finely chopped mint leaves and lime juice, it makes a yummy side for Indian-style dishes :smile:
  • becajb
    becajb Posts: 50
    Options
    I love greek yogurt with honey for breakfast.

I am going to be trying the below recipe on the weekend though:

30-Calorie Frozen Yogurt Cupcakes

http://www.fitsugar.com/Low-Calorie-Ice-Cream-Cupcakes-28553112