Full time workers, when do you go to the gym?

Options
hesn92
hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
In the morning? After work? I am having a hard time getting up in the morning to go ( my boyfriend leaves the house around 6:30 am and we have a 5 year old so I need to be back by the time he leaves) I just need to suck it up but ahh! When do you go?

Replies

• gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    In the morning? After work? I am having a hard time getting up in the morning to go ( my boyfriend leaves the house around 6:30 am and we have a 5 year old so I need to be back by the time he leaves) I just need to suck it up but ahh! When do you go?

I am not working now, but when I did work full-time, I went in the evening before dinner. I found if I came home and started relaxing, I didn't want to go back out.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I cheat and exercise at home.....I usually run or row in the morning while the rest of the family is sound asleep (even the dogs have stopped getting up with me) and will commute to work a couple of times a week by bike.

When I did belong to a gym I used to go at lunch.

Could your boyfriend look after the youngster while you went to the gym after work?
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I go at 5:30 am when it is opening. Not only is it MUCH quieter but I too have to be on the road by 6:30 am.
  • JessicaPasieka
    JessicaPasieka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I work from 7:30 AM until 3:30 PM. I get to the gym at 4 and stay until 5:30. And then I work out on Sundays any time I feel. Usually early afternoon.
  • PamelaGailJacobucci
    Options
    I get up at 4:40 am so I'm at the gym for 5:00 am. It's the only time when it's not busy with disrespectful teenagers hogging all the equipment!

Besides, it's kinda nice to go home after work and just relax.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Straight from work at 5pm
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I leave work and go straight there.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Lunch time
  • Keto_Keith
    Keto_Keith Posts: 73
    Options
    Direclty after work, the only way I can do it.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I get up and do the 30 Day Shred video @ home before work (20 minutes and you're done; phase 1 is on You Tube).

I go to the gym at night 4 days a week.

You have to find what works for you ...
  • zannestar
    zannestar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym anymore, but when I did, it was before everyone woke up, I'd be back home before 7, get ready for work and go. Now, I still do my home workouts and/or yoga studio before everyone wakes up. Best way for me to start the day, and I feel like I rock it when I realize it's 7am on Monday, and I've finished my workout before everyone wakes and I have to leave for work.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I work out best first thing in the morning rather than at the end of the working day.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Straight after work. And I mean, straight after. If I sat down I wouldn't get back up lol. I love Sundays when I can go in the morning tho.
  • grggmrtn
    grggmrtn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I bike 7 km to the train station every morning to go to work, come back to that train station at 4 pm and hit the nearby gym for an hour. From there I bike home again, but take a detour through the woods this time for a total of just under 18 km. After I get home, I do my pushups (100 atm) while making dinner, and once dinner is finished, I collapse in exhaustion on the sofa until bedtime :laugh:

That's 4x per week. On Fridays I only do the biking, and on Saturday and Sunday (my rest days) I usually sneak in a nice (calm) 30 km bike ride or hike for a couple/few hours.

And no, I'm not single. We do a lot of this stuff together, and the weekends are ALL ours :)
  • Tiffanie0407
    Tiffanie0407 Posts: 112
    Options
    My house is my gym i get up at 5am or wait until 10pm
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym after work. It's dealt with and I can relax the rest of the evening.
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My gym is next door to the office so I go before work. We have flexible hours so I can arrive at the office 9.30-10 and it isn't a problem. if I don't go before I sometimes go about 10.30-11ish instead. I appreciate not many people have that flexibility.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I get up very early M-F and use the gym at work before work. Weekends (and holidays like today) I walk.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I used to take classes at night .. then I did dvds in the am, then I got lunchtime classes near my office .... now i go in the am.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I go after work.