Diet Coke - aspartame- Could this be true?

Options
1235»

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Some believe Aspertame in diet sodas break down in the body to formaldehyde which is used as embalming fluid but this is unproven.

I have been drinking diet coke. Most of my life (21 years now). An average of 2-3 cans a day for 21 years. and well my heads still on my shoulders. Its the only soda i can drink
    It's likely the formaldehyde and lucky 21 that's kept yours in place:smokin:
  • 2BSuccessful
    Options
    If sodas could be PROVEN as toxic, poison, etc, you would see commercials all day long about becoming part of the class action lawsuit - makie sensie?
    It just might be that the first proveable point will be the damage that cola products to do teeth.

boese091.gif
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    If sodas could be PROVEN as toxic, poison, etc, you would see commercials all day long about becoming part of the class action lawsuit - makie sensie?
    It just might be that the first proveable point will be the damage that cola products to do teeth.

boese091.gif
    Now those there are some Special Teeth!:drinker: Aw but see in exchange you get the super cool glowing eyes from the formaldehyde!
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Methanol in which naturally occurs in apple juice - and artificially in aspartame - will be metabolized in the body as formaldehyde. There is no formaldehyde in aspartame, but that's kinda like that story with the guys neck - I bet you heard that somewhere.
    [/quote

Ive heard that the aspertame turns to formaldehyde after it reaches 80 degrees or higher........not that I agree a neck would "fall off" LMAO....but Chemicals often change properties after they reach certain temperatures...maybe there is something to this?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Methanol in which naturally occurs in apple juice - and artificially in aspartame - will be metabolized in the body as formaldehyde. There is no formaldehyde in aspartame, but that's kinda like that story with the guys neck - I bet you heard that somewhere.
    [/quote

Ive heard that the aspertame turns to formaldehyde after it reaches 80 degrees or higher........not that I agree a neck would "fall off" LMAO....but Chemicals often change properties after they reach certain temperatures...maybe there is something to this?
    I'm no doctor (of medicine that is) but one would think the formaldehyde would have kept the neck ON his shoulders, not cause it sink into them....just seems strange is all, very suspicious! I still stay bad case of pop!:sick: :noway:
  • Clumpy
    Clumpy Posts: 1
    Options
    I heard this too!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Whether this is true or not POPS AND DIET POPS ARE POSION. They are no good for you. There is nothing nutritious about the drink. What they put in is can cause and does cause HEALTH PROBLEMS AND WEIGHT GAIN.
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Whether this is true or not POPS AND DIET POPS ARE POSION. They are no good for you. There is nothing nutritious about the drink. What they put in is can cause and does cause HEALTH PROBLEMS AND WEIGHT GAIN.

Really? Are we really going back to this? :noway: :drinker: <---- Cheers to my fellow pop drinkers
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I heard that a guys neck fell off after drinking a diet coke. How could this happen to where your head would be okay, but your neck would come flying off? I am NOT a doctor, but I never would dream something like this would even be possible, but since I heard about this, and after all it is aspartame {aka poison}, it must be true. Be careful!

This was such a fun, insanely bizarre weird crazy hilarious thread to be part of way back when:laugh: :laugh: , I feel honored that I'm one that's still around with my neck intact. Seems a few members lost their necks over it and and are no longer here. :::a moment of silence::: :glasses:

The full thread must be read to fully understand the absurdity... it was merely some late night silliness from long ago :wink: :tongue: :laugh:

Before picture:
    longneck-755918.jpeg

After picture:
    no_neck_syndrome.jpg