Low calorie breakfast ideas?

Options

Replies

• lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    I normally go with a 1/2 cup of egg beaters to make an omelet with veggies or I drink my shakeology.

Don't skip breakfast. That slows down your metabolism and causes your body to go into starvation mode thus causing weight gain. One should eat within an hour of waking up.
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    RickNeedzToGetShreaded Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Oats
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wlaura88
    wlaura88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    1 cup of Greek yogurt (I use Fat Free Fage) with a TB of unprocessed honey, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a 1/2 cup of chopped strawberries and blueberries. I like to mix it all up and microwave it for 30 seconds, which may seem weird, but so delicious. And it's only 229 calories.
  • martybartram
    martybartram Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I usually have a piece of fruit, 4 oz of greek yogurt mixed with 1 cup of Nature's Path - Optimum Power Blueberry Cinnamon Flax With Omega 3, about 400 calories and easy to pack and bring to work.
  • fit4justme
    fit4justme Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've been having eating greek yogurt with either fresh stawberries or blueberries. Or I have a shake with almond milk, half a banana, 2 stawberries and slimfast.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    1 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
    1/4 cup blueberries (or blackberries)
    1/2 cup strawberries (or sometimes a sliced nectarine)
    1 TBS ground flaxseed
    2 TBS chopped walnuts
    1 TBS honey

This is fast and easy to make (can even be made the night before) and comes out to around 360 calories.

1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/4 cup blueberries
    1/2 sliced banana
    2 TBS chopped walnuts
    1 TBS honey

Also quick and easy and only about 350 calories.
  • ripped_vik
    Options
    I normally go with a 1/2 cup of egg beaters to make an omelet with veggies or I drink my shakeology.

Don't skip breakfast. That slows down your metabolism and causes your body to go into starvation mode thus causing weight gain. One should eat within an hour of waking up.

Yeah... Martin Berkhan and Nate Miyaki slowed down so much their metabolisms... x'D

Haven't u ever heard of IF (Intermittent Fasting) ? It's a type of breakfast-skipping that's actually succesfully been used to even gain muscle...
  • hoochy86
    hoochy86 Posts: 1
    Options
    Medically you need to eat within the first 2 hours of waking up to kick start your metabolism. Otherwise your body will store the food as fat.

Well this is what a lifestyle advisor told me. :-/
  • andi_isit303
    Options
    quick oats with fresh strawberries on top! it's delicious, and about 200 calories-worth keeps me good until lunch. It takes less than 5 mins to prep!
  • cyclebummer
    Options
    1/2 cup oatmeal mixed with milled flaxseed, ciinnamon, diced fruit, sweetened with honey, T of olive oil, slice of wholewheat toast with cream cheese. About 550 cal. My food is very low in fat, thus the olive oil. The honey for its miraculous health benefits.

Sub artificial sweetner for the honey and skip the olive oil to drop about 200 cals for the 'low cal' version.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
  • boolz
    boolz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    1. Flax waffle (toasted), topped with a1/3 C low fat ricotta cheese (sweetened with a bit of stevia) topped with strawberries.
    If you want more protein, add a slice of lean ham that you heat up un the microwave. If you want fewer carbs, skip the waffle.

2. Ahead of time, bake up a batch of the muffin recipe you find on the Quaker Oatbran hot cereal box, adding what you like in terms of fruit and nuts. Freeze these. Pull out and eat with fruit and protein source of your choice (yogurt, ham, etc)
  • alisanchez90
    Options
    Eggs whites scrambled with spinach and cheese on a toasted english muffin
  • cubouldergirl
    Options
    Bump :)
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    AIR????
  • daxnine
    daxnine Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i like variety, so it changes a lot, but often i have one of these options:

-a smoothie with some combination of protein powder, chia seeds, a portion of banana or a whole banana, strawberries, blueberries, or pineapple
    -precooked steel cut oats with brown sugar, cinnamon and apples (lots of carbs here) along with eggs, egg whites or cold chicken
    -low fat cottage cheese with an apple and some almonds
    -a combination of eggs/egg whites with a slice of toast (usually sprouted wheat), a little butter and maybe some turkey bacon or low sodium bacon
    -bobs red mill 8 grain cereal with some leftover veg and eggs
  • TD_BC
    TD_BC Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Yeah... Martin Berkhan and Nate Miyaki slowed down so much their metabolisms... x'D

Haven't u ever heard of IF (Intermittent Fasting) ? It's a type of breakfast-skipping that's actually succesfully been used to even gain muscle...

Another Intermittent Fasting fan here on an 18/6 cycle - no breakfast for me, fasted morning work outs using the existing fat that I already conveniently have for fuel instead of food I've just put in my body.....it's working for me!

Check out the IF group for more info, but good luck with whichever lifestyle plan works for you
  • dmarien
    dmarien Posts: 58
    Options
    bump
  • LJSalerno
    LJSalerno Posts: 2
    Options
    I read an article recently in Top Sante magazine which was talking about the 5:2 diet. Where you eat 5 days normally and then 2 non-consecutive days of only 500 cals. This was a receipe for breakfast which I love!!
    1 poached egg
    1 large field mushroom grilled
    1 large vine tomato or 5 smaller ones grilled
    handful of baby spinach
    cook the mushrooms tomato's etc with a spray of fry-lite and season with salt and pepper and cut chives
    Place your poached egg on the spinach to wilt it. Eat and enjoy. Delicious breakfast at and only 124 cals!!
    Apparently eggs are more filling than wheat!
    If you add a slice of wholemeal nimble hovis it comes up to 175cals. if you add a grilled rasher of nu me bacon from morrisons at 39cals your still only at 214cals.
    Scrumptious