Full time workers, when do you go to the gym?

Options

Replies

• dontwishforit_workforit
    Options
    After work. I work nights 11pm-7am. I go straight to the gym after work.

Past Go, do not stop. Do not collect $200!

Yes, I also work overnight.
  • kreza98
    kreza98 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My gym is in my garage, and the only way for me to stay motivated is to work out every morning. I get up at 6am, eat something, wait half an hour, then get in there and do either CV or weights depending on what I did the day before. It's really nice at the moment because it's sunny and warm in the mornings, but winter is going to be rough!
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Before work, gives me a nice boost for the day!
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    I work nights and I go to a 24 hr gym usually on my nights off. When I work I go in the afternoon before work
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I work 9-5:30 and usually go to the gym around 6pm after work.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I try and change it up - so I'll run at about 6am

But then will do classes in the evening :smile:
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    I just busted out 3 sets of close footed squats to warm up the quads, then 3 sets of one legged squats followed by 3 sets of Pistol Squats and I'll be working Core mid afternoon - at work in between client appointments and the really helpful ones who don't bother to turn up; thank you I'll use your time for training!

My gym goes where my body goes.
  • luckynky
    luckynky Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I either work out at home in my basement or go to Zumba class. During the week it's at 6:30 pm, on Saturdays it's around 10 or 11 am. I like evening workouts because this is the time when traditionally I just keep snacking until I go to bed. So now, I eat a light dinner early (around 5:00), then workout, then I'm not hungry for the two hours I have left before I'm falling asleep. I've tried getting up early (I'd have to get up at least by 5:30 am), but it just doesn't work well for me- I've never been a morning person and just can't get myself going until I've had a cup of coffee!
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Absolutely any time I can!

Let me explain. For a while I was going to the gym at 5 AM because that's when it opened and I would have it done for the day. Then I started incorporating some of my newfound endurance into my daily life. I bike to work on good weather days. During downtime at work I do squats and planks. After work, I put my son in the bike trailer and we go to the store together for small shopping needs (it has to fit in the trailer with him). I run/walk the dogs up and down the road while cleaning up litter (hey, might as well make the world a prettier place while I work on myself). I do light weight workouts at home. One or two nights a week I go to Zumba to get away and decompress a little.

And sometimes right after work, I go to the gym. Maybe twice a week now, as opposed to 4-5 a few months ago. As I told my sister yesterday, I am just too busy since summer is in full swing. Still getting my workouts, though!
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I work full-time Mon-Fri, and I'm in school.

During the week, I work out after work since it's so much easier than waking up early. I swim laps after class Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday evening, and I walk around my neighborhood the other days. I have an hour for lunch, so I walk during lunch break if I know it's going to be a busy evening (or I'm in the mood to go home and veg out). Then, I can go home and not feel guilty about laying around. ;)

It really helped me to use a dry erase board to write out my weekly schedule and see where I could fit in 30-60 minutes here and there. If I get swamped during the week, I can always make up exercise minutes on the weekends. It's not uncommon for me to exercise for two hours on Saturday or Sunday because I missed a day during the week.
  • WiDale
    WiDale Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I generally try to be at the gym shortly after it opens, so 5-5:30am, so leave home before 5 since it's a 20 minute drive.

I feel great when I get to work after working out already, and it's the only time that I'm sure to go - if I wait until later in the day, life seems to get in the way.
  • lurcstet
    lurcstet Posts: 77
    Options
    Gym every morning 6:45am to 7:45am weekdays and 8:00am to 9:00am weekends!
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    During the school year, I wait until my son gets home from school (about 5:00) and then we go to the gym together. My gym doesn't open until 7:00 so early morning is out of the question since I have to wait for my son to get on the bus (about 7:30) and then be at work for 8:00. On weekends, I go early in the morning. Now that it's summer, it will vary. the weeks my son is at camp, we'll go right after I pick him up. On weeks he's away or we're on vacation, I'll go whenever it suits me, LOL. and on the weeks that I'm working 1/2 days (afternoons off), we'll go as soon as I'm done in the afternoon.

i would prefer early morning, although I was up and out at 5:30 this morning for a run and now I'm starving (and tired) already. I forgot that early morning exercise makes me hungrier all day. Night time exercising seems to have the reverse effect.

Since early morning doesn't work for me at the moment, I decided it had to be right after work. and since I pre-log my exercise, I HAVE to do it later in the day. It makes me stick to the plan and get to the gym.
  • Swedejen
    Swedejen Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a gym around the corner from work and go on my lunch hour for 30 min. Bit stressful but at least I have the evenings to spend with my family. :)
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning exerciser. I go in the evening after all the "after work" crowd leaves.
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I do Taekwondo, so I go on their schedule, which is Monday at 7:30 PM, Tuesday at 7 PM, Wednesday at 7 PM, and Saturday morning at 9 AM.

I usually take one or two days off during the week, and the other day or two I run in the AM (like 5 AM). My parents are giving me an exercise bike, so I'll have an option for rainy days. My husband works out on Thursday and Fridays, so it works well for us.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I wish I could be bothered to get up early, but it's never going to happen. I finish work at 5pm and head straight to the gym, so I'm usually home before 6:30. Saturdays are my big workout days.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym but found when I work out I tend to do it at night but it keeps me up late. Next week I start a new job where I go in later (right now I am working 7am to 4 pm next friday I start 9am to 6pm) so I will be waking up at the same time (4:30) and will workout in the morning before work.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I go straight from work. I change at work, drive the 40 minutes to get to the gym (near my house), work out, and go home.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I run at 5am on the treadmill at home several times per week and go to the gym after work before my spouse gets off so I can still be home in time to cook supper for us.