Girl trouble at work?

Options

Replies

• meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    when i was 16-17 i had a lot of older bfs in there 20s and 30s age is just a number if ur mature

not everyone sees it that way.

for example,

- the police
    - judges
    - juries
    - prison wardens

^^^ last but not least - parents. No way my daughter is gonna be 17 dating a 20 year old.......

I'm going with the VAST majority - i'd say walk away bro. not to mention dating people you work with is NEVER a good idea, EVER.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    when i was 16-17 i had a lot of older bfs in there 20s and 30s age is just a number if ur mature

*I
    *boyfriends
    *you're

TyTy I think I love you. LOL!! This is the second post that I have seen where you correct her spelling. Is it really so hard to spell correctly?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Which, obviously, they weren't.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

*I
    *boyfriends
    *you're

TyTy I think I love you. LOL!! This is the second post that I have seen where you correct her spelling. Is it really so hard to spell correctly?

idk?
    Duck face?
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you live, in some places age of consent laws are 16. Three year age difference is nothing, especially with a 20-year-old and 17-year-old.

I would say be extremely cautious of a situation like this, you don't want a sexual harassment complaint against you, especially if she is still considered a minor in your jurisdiction.

Legally maybe. Emotionally, not a good idea I think. Just my opinion.
    Unless you actually know the parties involved, you can't know that. Some people mature faster than others. I've always dated older (up to 15 years when I wasa 19). My daughter's father was 20 when I was 17 and there wasn't a maturity difference between us. We were the same level of dumb, though, clearly. :-)

Either way, OP, it sounds like she's not interested. Not even a little. Back off.

We were the same level of dumb, though, clearly. :-)

My point exactly
    If that is your point, then teenagers shouldn't date anyone, ever, regardless of age. Your point was he's too mature for her based on age. That's a different argument.

Wow. Ok, you win.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Had you truly been "mature," you would have recognized the creep factor.

There were plenty of men in their 30s hitting on me when I was that young. They scared me and I stayed away from them.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    good advice i read in a book goes like this

Your Job
    The work environment is one of the worst places to try to spit game at females. If you don't plan on being at that job for too long, or if it's just a temp assignment, that's cool. Mack on. But if it's a job with benefits and income that you absolutely depend on, don't do it. It's a bad idea to get with a female at work. Let's say you do date or get into a relationship with a coworker, and it doesn't work out. You still have to see this person, and in many cases, interact with this person every day. The awkwardness will make the work environment uncomfortable.
    The best thing to do with females at your job is to use them as matchmakers. Just be cool and cordial with them, and have them hook you up with their friends. And make sure those friends don't work for the same company as you, either.
  • Jennms85
    Jennms85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a policy of not dating guys I work with, it's just a bad career move.

^^^could be as simple as that....and nothing personal?

I married the man I started dating at work, however, I left my position before it got serious. And coincidently, he's 8 years older. But I do agree with the other post saying if she was into you, chances are shed make it more known and go after you. But bottom line none of us know her or you well enough to tell you what to do. Honestly if I were you I'd just ask her. Better off knowing than wondering what if.
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

*I
    *boyfriends
    *you're

You forgot:
    *their
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Wow. Ok, you win.

On a completely urelated note, I just glanced at your profile and no worries -- you don't look 44! I would have guessed 20s from your profile photo. You're doing something right.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    1. She's a minor - bad idea
    2. She's a coworker - bad idea
    3. She seems like she's not into you - bad idea

That said, my husband and I used to work together and he's 5 years older, buuuut we got together as adults and after we both left that job.

Back off and stop asking her out. If she's playing teenage girl hard to get, maybe she'll pursue you...maybe you'll find someone else...regardless, the current situation isn't working.
  • Nikki31104
    Options

I have a 16 year old daughter and is she dated a boy that was 18 I would have a problem. If she dated someone in his 20s or 30s I would be kicking someone's a.s.s. That is inappropriate.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I have a policy of not dating guys I work with, it's just a bad career move.

THIS.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Wow. Ok, you win.

On a completely urelated note, I just glanced at your profile and no worries -- you don't look 44! I would have guessed 20s from your profile photo. You're doing something right.

I try to avoid drama. Its ages you.

Thank you for the compliment. :smile:
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

I have a 16 year old daughter and is she dated a boy that was 18 I would have a problem. If she dated someone in his 20s or 30s I would be kicking someone's a.s.s. That is inappropriate.

Duckface-douchbag.jpg
  • Nikki31104
    Options

Duckface-douchbag.jpg

I checked out her profile...yep I am a stalker....and ALL of her pictures have that same face.
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options

Real mature... Riiiightttttt

More like these older men were taking advantage of a dumb teenager.
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    If she is always making excuses.....she's not that into you.She's just too nice to shoot you down.Trust me,I know this from experience.I worked in a managerial position for years and I have never seen it work out....somebody would get hurt and it affected the workplace in a bad way.I agree with the statement "Don't *** where you eat".
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    She's just not that into you.