5'3/5'4 best weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• Tasha_Fat2Fit
    Options
    I am 5'4" - the smallest I ever was, was 117 and I looked emaciated (way too thin). A good weight for me will be around 127.

Determining how much you should weigh is not a simple matter of looking at an height-weight chart, but includes considering the amount of bone, muscle, and fat in your body's composition. The amount of fat is the critical measurement.

A good indicator of how much fat you carry is the Body Mass Index (BMI). Although it is not a perfect measure, it gives a fairly accurate assessment of how much of your body is composed of fat.

Our gym gives us free body fat tests - if I were you, I would look into getting one done :happy:
  • hdtracy
    hdtracy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    lol I'm 5'4 and I'm aiming for 140. now I feel like I should aim for 120 gosh!

nope... girl dont trip.. my goal is 170!!! i started mfp obese at 234 and am 198 now.. but in a size 12 and look and feel perty dang good.. 145 feels unrealistic... even though in doctor scales i should be that at th heaviest perty much :noway: whatevs to that.. i have muscle and shape and if i loose too much more my man will make me go find it!! lol
    :laugh:

TRUTH

Hahaha, love this! Yeah, I'm 5'2" and would love to get to 135. I was pretty happy at 160 even! But could've stood to tone up a bit. I guess I'm just naturally kinda curvy? I kinda like the curvy look vs the athletic look :)
  • memubo99
    memubo99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and currently about 123 lbs and I am trying to get down to 110. I have been 110 before and find I look best at this weight.. Anything below 110 I look too thin tho!

I am 5'3 and currently 122lb, used to be 112 for years. I am happy at 122lb but of course I would just love to see 112 again.
  • Tasha_Fat2Fit
    Options
    I am currently 120 at 5'4" and can wear a 6 or 8 but still jiggly in a semi flat belly and very jiggle in my thighs and butt, so I am working on getting in shape and getting more toned. At my worst was a size 14 at 140 and just felt awful.

Right here will tell you how incredibly different we all are – I am the same height as she is but weigh 160 pounds - I currently wear a size 10 pant and a size 8 dress. If I were to weigh 140, I'd probably be in a size 6-8 pant at most.
  • RebeccaSarah16
    Options
    I am currently 120 at 5'4" and can wear a 6 or 8 but still jiggly in a semi flat belly and very jiggle in my thighs and butt, so I am working on getting in shape and getting more toned. At my worst was a size 14 at 140 and just felt awful.

Right here will tell you how incredibly different we all are – I am the same height as she is but weigh 160 pounds - I currently wear a size 10 pant and a size 8 dress. If I were to weigh 140, I'd probably be in a size 6-8 pant at most.
    Is this in us or uk sizes?:)
  • ilovefitness36
    Options
    I;m 5'2" , 36 y/o and I currently weigh 128lbs and I feel chubby. My body fat percentage is currently 28%, where it used to be 21%. I work out hard 4x per week and there is only slight definition in my arms. I have that teardrop shape muscle visible near the top of my shoulders, and my shoulders are 'squared off'. So, thats all i really see. I still have a paunch in my lower abdomen, but my upper abdomen is solid muscle.

I CARRY ALL M WEIGHT IN MY BUTT AND THIGHS, and it's depressing. I used to weigh 115lbs and it was perfect for me.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It really depends on you and how your body is built. There is no one size fits all answer. As others have said, it really depends on body build (LBM, frame size, ect) and where you carry your fat.

I am aiming to look like this again if not better:
    32374451_6850.jpg
    I'm 5'4.5" and when the picture was taken my weight with normal fluctuations would bounce between 125lb - 135lbs.

Currently I'm 185lbs. I just recently got a pair of size 15 (US Juniors) skinny jeans and they are loose (baggy in the butt and a little baggy up front as well). I can squeeze into a size 13 (US Juniors), but it's not comfortable yet. I have a pair of size 16 (US Misses) jeans and they are to big, but can't seem to find a size 14 for the life of me.
  • Tasha_Fat2Fit
    Options

Is this in us or uk sizes?:)

Looks like the two of us are both from the US - so US sizes. I'll have to remember to add the US next time :happy:
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

I CARRY ALL M WEIGHT IN MY BUTT AND THIGHS, and it's depressing.

I'm built the same way. I have thin arms, legs, a small bust, you can see the faint outline of my ribs. I try to keep my weight low because of the first on last off principle and it never comes completely off; it's my shape. As I've gotten older, my body has redistributed my fat; instead of having hips that were fairly straight, they're now curvy. It must be the result of changing hormone levels.

I don't use direct weight resistance on my butt and thighs because I don't want them to get bigger. I was told they wouldn't increase in size but they did.
  • Starynh
    Starynh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I weigh around 115 pounds. I want to lose 10 pounds and be 105 pounds at least.
  • RebeccaSarah16
    Options
    Will do, thank you:)
  • cindirookbanman
    cindirookbanman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 40 years old. I feel pretty fantastic between 130-135 and this puts me in a size 6-10 depending on brand. (Any lighter than that, I get told I look like a bobble-head... I have a round face naturally.)