4th of July: Cheat Day

Options
2»

Replies

• samanthahix12
    Options
    [/quote]

I just looked at your diary (hope you don't mind; if they're open I usually figure they're fair game). I'm concerned for you-it looks like by "cheat" you mean eat more than your usual 300-500 calories per day. Have you been doing this for a long time?
    [/quote]

This.
  • coderedjulia
    Options
    I was very bad yesterday. Cheeseburgers, fries, apple pie, alchol..blah. I'm back on track today.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I have never-- and I mean never have had a cheat day in the past five months, so I've decided that today will be my cheat day. Of course, I'll stay under my calories, but for the rest of it: I don't care.

Anyone else cheating today?

I just looked at your diary (hope you don't mind; if they're open I usually figure they're fair game). I'm concerned for you-it looks like by "cheat" you mean eat more than your usual 300-500 calories per day. Have you been doing this for a long time?

I'm concerned too :( Not only does it seem like this is an everyday thing, but some days have only 200 calories.. This is so dangerous :( Your putting your self at risk of becoming anorexic, your not giving your body enough fuel to even survive off of (meaning basic functions like living, and breathing) I think you should consider getting help, besides thinking "cheating" involves eating anything really, but your calorie goal can eventually lead to death, I think you need to get help finding a better relationship with food :(
  • seniorbug2003
    seniorbug2003 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I cheated. I went over by almost 1000 calories. I missed pop so much. So now it time to make up those calories.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I have never-- and I mean never have had a cheat day in the past five months, so I've decided that today will be my cheat day. Of course, I'll stay under my calories, but for the rest of it: I don't care.

I'm concerned too :( Not only does it seem like this is an everyday thing, but some days have only 200 calories.. This is so dangerous :( Your putting your self at risk of becoming anorexic, your not giving your body enough fuel to even survive off of (meaning basic functions like living, and breathing) I think you should consider getting help, besides thinking "cheating" involves eating anything really, but your calorie goal can eventually lead to death, I think you need to get help finding a better relationship with food :(

Don't do it to yourself!
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You eat 300 calories on average, this is the very definition of Eating Disorder. You need professional psychological help before you end up permanently damaging your organs.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    OP, your daily goal is 1,000 calories and many days, your net is way under because of exercise and under-eating.
    please go see a professional. if you keep this up, your health will surely deteriorate.
    good luck to you.
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Oh I am CHEATing today!!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Yeah...this isn't good, OP. I was hoping you just aren't great about logging your food, but according to your previous posts:
    I'm 4'11 and I eat 500-800 calories. I am light-moderate active.

I usually don't exercise, but I have this problem. I'm on a 1,000 calorie plan. I usually have 200-400 calories left over, but sometimes I just try eating more to get closer to 1,000 calories.
    A lot of people have been telling me that I look fine in clothing, but when I look in the mirror (undressed and with clothes on), I always look heavy.
    I look and the mirror and feel as if I've lost nothing. I've lost 42 pounds

Please go talk to a doctor. You're not eating enough food to fuel someone in a coma, let alone someone active. And you said you have 23% bf and want to lower it. Starving yourself won't get you a lower bf% since your body needs to get fuel somewhere. Your body is storing fat and burning lean body mass to make up for the calories you're not feeding it.:frown:
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    OP, your daily goal is 1,000 calories and many days, your net is way under because of exercise and under-eating.
    please go see a professional. if you keep this up, your health will surely deteriorate.
    good luck to you.
    ^^This. SO MUCH THIS.

Here are some resources that you may find helpful in determining a healthy calorie goal for yourself, OP.

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/minimum-calorie-intake-teenage-girl-5199.html

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/obesity/wecan/downloads/calreqtips.pdf

http://theteenmachine.webs.com/calories.htm

http://www.livestrong.com/article/502503-health-goals-for-teenage-girls/

http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/teen-calorie-intake.html

Most sources suggest 1,600 calories as a minimum for teenage girls. Some suggest even more than that. Please be careful. What you do to your body now will stay for you for the rest of your life.
  • MrPrezWins
    Options
    Ate a pint of milk n cookies Ben n Jerry's as well as a rack of ribs, cornbread and beans. Of course it was still within maintenance because I burned 1750 calories biking in the mountains earlier that day. I have been consistently using myFitnessPal and exercise to never have to have a cheat day. Have maintained 9% bodyfat for 2 months now. No cheating necessary.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    how is it a cheat day when you're staying under your calories?

*head hurts*

ETA: i posted this before i saw your goals and what other trusted friends of mine posted (skullshank and krys140). please, please eat more so that you can FUEL your body. you're still so young and growing--you may not have fully grown in height yet (i wasn't done at 18). also, i think you could benefit from talking to a professional. i don't know your height, but i saw that your goal weight is 95#. that is awfully tiny for an adult woman. please take care of yourself and develop healthy habits while you're still young!
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options

Don't do it to yourself!

I'm not sure if your talking to the OP or to me... :) If its me I'm confused by what you meant...
  • Sectility
    Sectility Posts: 37
    Options
    Just under 4'11".