Need another reason to give up soda????

Options

Replies

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Why stop there? We bury tons of dead bodies every day, what a waste. If you guys will eat human fetuses, why not tasty cadaver byproducts? Maybe restaurants could present them like they do live lobsters, you could pick which body you want from a showcase and they could take it in the back and use it to flavor you food - and to think, they put Dahmer in prison for doing little more than trying to make his own food seasoning.

Trying to be funny, or trying to be offensive. Whatever. I firmly believe in using aborted fetuses and stem cells in medical research...why not use discarded parts to further medical knowledge? .

As a former fetus, I'm glad that I wasn't discarded and used to flavor soft drinks or further medical knowledge. If you took a poll, I bet 100% of fetuses would have the same preference, as fulfilling as providing flavor to a Pepsi may be.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    As a former fetus, I'm glad that I wasn't discarded and used to flavor soft drinks or further medical knowledge. If you took a poll, I bet 100% of fetuses would have the same preference, as fulfilling as providing flavor to a Pepsi may be.

dont knock it til you try it.

who knows...maybe getting used as a soda flavoring is the best way to get positive karma? and you reap the rewards when you get reincarnated.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Options

dont knock it til you try it.

who knows...maybe getting used as a soda flavoring is the best way to get positive karma? and you reap the rewards when you get reincarnated.

:drinker: a toast of you! I mean, a toast to you!
  • SkepticallyFit
    Options
    Why stop there? We bury tons of dead bodies every day, what a waste. If you guys will eat human fetuses, why not tasty cadaver byproducts? Maybe restaurants could present them like they do live lobsters, you could pick which body you want from a showcase and they could take it in the back and use it to flavor you food - and to think, they put Dahmer in prison for doing little more than trying to make his own food seasoning.

Trying to be funny, or trying to be offensive. Whatever. I firmly believe in using aborted fetuses and stem cells in medical research...why not use discarded parts to further medical knowledge? .

If you were discarded and used for research, then you wouldn't be here to complain about it. Your opinion is biased.

I, for one, welcome our new fetal overlords.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    WTH? Okay I am no scientist but why do you need fetal cells for flavor enhancers?!?!? It is just like the movie I saw last year with Charlton Heston Soilet Green (sp)!!!
  • belinus
    belinus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Sure beats the flame retardant that's in Mt Dew.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    WTH? Okay I am no scientist but why do you need fetal cells for flavor enhancers?!?!? It is just like the movie I saw last year with Charlton Heston Soilet Green (sp)!!!

we all agree that babies smell wonderful right? just think how they would taste!!!
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm with you there and I also have no issue with using animals for medical research either
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Options

If you were discarded and used for research, then you wouldn't be here to complain about it. Your opinion is biased.

I, for one, welcome our new fetal overlords.

Lack of fetal complaints cannot be interpreted as consent. I imagine that the rate of fetal suicide is quite low, so it is implied that they would prefer a future that entails being delivered as a baby rather than becoming a food additive or chilling out in a Petri dish
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,077 Member
    Options
    This is all hypothetical given Snopes has shown report to be false anyway.

However I have no issue with cadaver cells or aborted foetal cells being used for medical research purposes.(issues with abortion itself are a separate issue)

Comparisons to cannibalism are just stupid.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Some people will believe anything....

You mean people lie on the Internet? My faith in humanity is shattered........:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Well, Diet Pepsi's slogan used to be "You've got the right one, baby."
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Options

However I have no issue with cadaver cells or aborted foetal cells being used for medical research purposes.(issues with abortion itself are a separate issue)

Putting aside the fact that the story is fake - consuming a human flavored Pepsi (as people above stated they would, I'm praying in jest), whether fetuses or not, is pretty clearly cannibalism.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

we all agree that babies smell wonderful right? just think how they would taste!!!

That was Soylent Green. And babies smell, all right, but very far from wonderful.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

Putting aside the fact that the story is fake - consuming a human flavored Pepsi (as people above stated they would, I'm praying in jest), whether fetuses or not, is pretty clearly cannibalism.

actually just consuming human cells is not considered cannibalism. think about kissing. you actually consume some cells during that process and it doesnt make you a cannibal. :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

That was Soylent Green. And babies smell, all right, but very far from wonderful.

huh? what kind of dumpster babies have you been smelling?
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

huh? what kind of dumpster babies have you been smelling?

Every baby I've ever been around. Not that I've ever actually picked one up....no.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

As a former fetus, I'm glad that I wasn't discarded and used to flavor soft drinks

This made me shoot some Diet Coke out of my nose
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

As a former fetus, I'm glad that I wasn't discarded and used to flavor soft drinks

not so clever of you girl.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

not so clever of you girl.

Well, I DID think it was funny...