I'm getting paranoid

Options
I know that exercising and eating healthy will result in weight loss but what if I weight myself next Saturday and see nothing?
I'm one of those people who have anxiety and it makes me think. I started working out last Tuesday so this is my second week and tomorrow and Sunday are my days off every week. I am noticing that the sides of my stomach are getting curvy but still. What if I don't lose anything? I know I'll keep working out but still.

This is my workout routine
Mon
Running/walking
60 sidebents with 5 pounds dumbbells

Tues
60 squats holding 5 pound dumbbells
Crunches 50 times

Wed
Running/walking

Thurs
Crunches 50 times

Fri
Running/walking

Saturday and Sunday off

Do you think I'll see results with my workout routine?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    relax. this thing is a process. you can't just post what you're going to do and expect the scale to move. stick with one of your plans for a few weeks (that's weeks, not days or hours ) and see if you're improving. i've seen the pics you've posted and you really don't have much to lose so it's going to be slow going.

have some patience
  • Jett_05
    Jett_05 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'd up the cardio bit but dont get upset if you don't see much diffrence on a scale. Muscle weighs more than fat.
  • CoachPetrina
    CoachPetrina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Weight loss takes time, patience and consistency. It took me a little over a year to lose 90 pounds. You didn't put the weight on overnight, you're certainly not going to lose it overnight. I'd recommend putting the scale away for 2-3 weeks. It can be too much of a deterrent to folks when they're first starting out. Focus on how you're feeling and how your clothes are fitting. Remember too that a huge chunk of your success in losing weight has to do with nutrition. Workouts will help you build muscle tone and burn calories but if you're eating poorly (even if you're working out hard & long), you'll wind up derailing the weight loss. Best of luck to you!
  • DavPul
    Options
    Do you do any cardio? If not..don't get to upset if you don't see a change.

her routine is running+walking+60 reps of side bends. her routine is ALL cardio

more importantly, why do you think that's the solution?
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I'd up the cardio bit but dont get upset if you don't see much diffrence on a scale. Muscle weighs more than fat.

lolwut?
  • ldilone13354
    ldilone13354 Posts: 125
    Options

I'm not giving up. I'm keeping it up. This isn't ad diet but a new lifestyle.
  • ldilone13354
    Options

lolwut?

What I'm doing is cardio
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Up the 5 pound dumbells to 15/20 pounds and do 8-10 of each, not 60.....
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Then keep in mind that it can take 3-6 weeks to adjust to changes and that we can't tell you if you'll get results because it depends all on you and the effort/consistency you put into it. As Dav said, do it for a few weeks and then change up as needed. As you said, this is a lifestyle change and changes take time.
  • ldilone13354
    Options

Then keep in mind that it can take 3-6 weeks to adjust to changes and that we can't tell you if you'll get results because it depends all on you and the effort/consistency you put into it. As Dav said, do it for a few weeks and then change up as needed. As you said, this is a lifestyle change and changes take time.

Yeah I know and of course.
  • ssalmonson
    Options
    You may not see a change in lbs. right away but may see the inches decrease first so I would take measurements because I find weeks that I don't see the numbers change on the scale I do see the change in inches which is far more exciting anyways since it means clothes will fit and look better :). I do arm, neck, thigh, waist, chest and hip measurements weekly and you can track them here on MFP.
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    Up the 5 pound dumbells to 15/20 pounds and do 8-10 of each, not 60.....

I can't afford to buy anything. I'm not working. I'm 18 living with my mom and she can't buy it because she doesn't have money like that. Yes I've applied at jobs, nobody's hiring.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I know that exercising and eating healthy will result in weight loss but what if I weight myself next Saturday and see nothing?
    I'm one of those people who have anxiety and it makes me think. I started working out last Tuesday so this is my second week and tomorrow and Sunday are my days off every week. I am noticing that the sides of my stomach are getting curvy but still. What if I don't lose anything? I know I'll keep working out but still.

Mon
    Running/walking

Tues
    Crunches 50 times

Wed
    Running/walking

Thurs
    Crunches 50 times

Fri
    Running/walking

Saturday and Sunday off

Then you adjust and keep going. But you have to give these things some time. Considering how little you have to lose I'd say give your routine a month. Take measurements and pictures. If you're not satisfied with your results in that time then come back.
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    You may not see a change in lbs. right away but may see the inches decrease first so I would take measurements because I find weeks that I don't see the numbers change on the scale I do see the change in inches which is far more exciting anyways since it means clothes will fit and look better :). I do arm, neck, thigh, waist, chest and hip measurements weekly and you can track them here on MFP.

I am noticing my sides are getting curvy with a shape so that's exciting hahaha
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Okay great. So..what was your question then?
  • ldilone13354
    Options

Mon
    Running/walking

Tues
    Crunches 50 times

Wed
    Running/walking

Thurs
    Crunches 50 times

Fri
    Running/walking

Saturday and Sunday off

Then you adjust and keep going. But you have to give these things some time. Considering how little you have to lose I'd say give your routine a month. Take measurements and pictures. If you're not satisfied with your results in that time then come back.

Yeah I'm not stopping, I promise. I am notching that my sides are getting curvy. (My waist) i only want to lose 10 or more. I'm 140 I think because I haven't been on the scale since I started working out. Once I reach 130 I'd love to be 126
  • DavPul
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLight

^ follow her youtube workouts. no weights needed and no excuses accepted
  • ldilone13354
    Options

You already answered my question because you replied. Didn't you ?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Well, you said you know so I was curious if perhaps you were actually wondering something else but didn't put it in the post. if you know what we've said and you are just going to do the workout....what exactly are you looking to get answers to?
  • ldilone13354
    Options

Well, you said you know so I was curious if perhaps you were actually wondering something else but didn't put it in the post. if you know what we've said and you are just going to do the workout....what exactly are you looking to get answers to?

I was paranoid and so I was looking for answers from people. Is that a problem?