my daughter is bringing home ice cream right now

Options
heis4u2004
heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
Evening times are usually when I fall off the wagon. My daughter just left to get some Ben and Jerry ice cream so we can have it during our movie time. What to do when a family member brings your weakness home and wants to share? And forget portion control. What do you do when family members seem eager to share fattening foods?

Replies

• SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    get them to bring light ice cream home or skinny cows, they are great and a little treat is deserved
  • heis4u2004
    Options
    that would be great but she wants "new york super fudge chunk" and only ben and jerry makes it.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    you gotta have a talk with your family and let them know how serious you are about making healthier choices in your life
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Eat a serving size. *shrug*
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I'd just eat a quarter-cup and call it good. That should be enough to enjoy the flavor and not go overboard.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Nothing special really. I enjoy eating whatever they are sharing and even if I end up over my calorie goal. I know that as long as it doesn't turn into a daily thing, I'll be fine.
  • heis4u2004
    Options
    I did jog for an hour today and I could at least do some exercises with my dumbells to compensate for the ice cream. Tomorrow I have an hour & a half of zumba to do. Maybe that will help too.
    What do you think?
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Exercise more on days you know you'll be having ice cream so you'll have room for the calories.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    WILLPOWER!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Evening times are usually when I fall off the wagon. My daughter just left to get some Ben and Jerry ice cream so we can have it during our movie time. What to do when a family member brings your weakness home and wants to share? And forget portion control. What do you do when family members seem eager to share fattening foods?

Why forget portion control?? That's all you need to do. Have a portion of the ice cream that fits into your allotted calories for the day. Seems simple enough if you ask me.
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    let here have that one and you can get you some breyers low carb ice cream it is soo good then add Peanut butter to it and a table spoon of dark chocolate chips still will have less calories
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    any food in moderation is no problem

but your original post kinda came off as, "this just happens all the time"
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is a huge weakness for me. I find skinny cow ice cream to definitely settle the cravings.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

Why forget portion control?? That's all you need to do. Have a portion of the ice cream that fits into your allotted calories for the day. Seems simple enough if you ask me.

You don't say!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    the obvious solution is to change the locks on the house before she returns and disown the sabotaging little bugger
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Do 100 jumping jacks, 50 pushups, 75 crunches by the time she gets home, then you can decide if you want to eat the ice cream.
    I find this is a great set-up for watching what you put into your body and not having control of how much you eat.

set some boundaries with yourself, use this formula to curb your lack of will.
  • heis4u2004
    Options
    It does seem to happen frequently or at least in my opinion. She wanted to get it the other day and I talked her out of it by suggesting she wait until she has friends coming over to share it with. Her friends didn't show up and she moans about ice cream.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Great. Now I want ice cream. Thanks.
  • heis4u2004
    Options
    100 jumping jax- I can do that. I will get off here and get to it.
    Thanks
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I wish I had ice cream... :brokenheart: