I'm awesome, you're awesome, let's be friends!

Take 32095728.
After another hiatus of thinking "hey I'm fine I can do this by myself" I found myself to be a stinkin liar & am back to kick more *kitten* than before.
I'm 27, 5'7.5 (seriously, doctors said so) and my highest weight came in at 230. After months of trying and retrying (and some fabulous friends here at MFP) I dropped down to 174, the lowest I had been since before college. Proud of myself, I thought "I don't need no stinkin weight loss logs!" Andddddddd yeah. Currently I bounce around 176 - 179 and my ultimate goal is 150. I'm having a helluva time finding motivation and all of my motivational MFP friends deleted me from their lists (rightfully so, I had disappeared!)

I'm a zookeeper & animal trainer: I walk an average of 5-7 miles per day just at work (this does not include any of the lifting/dragging/wrangling/scooping we do); I'm learning how to *like* running and want to *love* it. I don't go to the gym (read: can't afford a membership) but have a longing to lift heavy.
I'm pretty damn goofy, redefining my hourglass shape (legit dude: big chest and helluva pair of hips) and love to give motivation (but I do need it back!) If you need tough love, and someone to push you while still offering a cookie (moderation, people) and celebration balloons and possibly a well placed "that's what she said" joke, then I'm your girl!

....so now that I'm done selling my soul (*cough* telling you how awesome I am) wanna be friends??

Replies

• shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Hey there awesome person! :D
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    I can tell you'd be inspiring as long as you don't disappear! Feel free to add me!
  • ChrisBrockway12
    ChrisBrockway12 Posts: 32 Member
    Lol that was a fantastic post. I lol'd. Adding you right meow. I said meow, don't judge.
  • me_monster
    me_monster Posts: 98
    Dude....yes.
    Just yes.

To all three of you.

I may or may not have squealed a little.
  • you didn't lie, you do sound awesome. i'll let you be the judge of my awesomeness. so yeah, lets be friends :-) x
  • CarlaNeverGivenUp
    CarlaNeverGivenUp Posts: 108 Member
    Hey Monster,
    You can add me if you promise to share a funny story from the zoo from time.. bet you have a bunch!

I'm glad your back! I did triathalon traing for year and a half and then quit thinking I could do it on my own too. I gained back all I lost and more. You are not alone!!
  • aftonslater
    aftonslater Posts: 69 Member
    thanks for the chuckle :) feel free to add me!
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    you ARE awesome
    and super funny - almost as funny as me!
    Let's kick *kitten* together.
    I have gone up and down by 30 (ok a bit more) pounds too while on MFP in the last 2 years.
    Heeeeeerrrrrrrreeeeee we go again.
    Round 307568.
    I have a fitbit now too and I find it has gotten me goin' again with motivation

Let's do this!
    Heather
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    loving the awesomeness of this post,

just the other day i was thinking my friends list is great, but why have i not got any goofy cookie eating zookeepers on there? where are they all at?

anyway, your post made me smile :)
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    add away!
    my-mustache-brings-all-the-girls-to-the-yard-and-damn-right-its-better-than-yours.jpg
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Nerfitness.com has some good bodyweight circuits that can be done with no equipment, so no gym required, that I highly recommend. Feel free to add me.
  • mmg0327
    mmg0327 Posts: 29
    You post made me literally LOL--please add me!
  • tizzypic
    tizzypic Posts: 27 Member
    You are just super adorable! Feel free to add me. :)
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Feel free to add me as well~
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    I am here because awesome people recognise awesomeness in other awesome people. I am in!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    You sound pretty awesome, but how do we prove our awesomeness? Will there be an interview? Can I earn extra cookies?
  • scrummy92
    scrummy92 Posts: 81 Member
    Feel free to add me as well :)
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    I added you :)

Any of you feel free to add me, too- 33/f 5'4 162 looking to get down to about 130, and take it from there.
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Feel free to add me, you made me lol! Need some laughs in my news feed :)
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    I'm totally in the same boat. I messed up my ankle and was eating at maintenance in April then, since I was eating at maintenance, I was all like 'pssh i don't need to log' and sat on the couch for a month or so and went up a pound and a bit. oops.

Let's kick *kitten* together.