From 270 to 148. Finally not Overweight by BMI.

Options
xxcooneyxx
xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
First off, I would like to say sorry for posting progress updates so often. When ever I hit a goal, I always just feel so excited that I want to share. Many of you have read my story before, so I'll keep it short-ish.

I started at 270 lbs, I am now at 148. Only 18 more pounds to lose to get to goal. It's taken me more or less 14 months to go from 256 to 148, but my highest weight was 270. I did this through counting calories mostly, with the last 1/3 of the weight I added exercising. About 30-40 min of cardio a day, three days on, one day off. I'm adding a definitive weight lifting schedule starting tomorrow.

I am now in a healthy BMI range for the first time since I was in 2nd grade. I am 25 years old, and 5'5”.

Body progress, before- 270 After – 148

2pqnwp1.jpg

Face Progress, before – 256 After – 148

9t3mec.jpg

Replies

• KisstalBlue
    KisstalBlue Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!!!!
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You're HOT! :) Good for you. You look great.
  • domichula
    domichula Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! You just inspired me to continue being consistent!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    woo hoo girl, you look hot in that new blouse. You have done a great job!!
  • 4pawsmom
    4pawsmom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats on your success!
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You should be so proud of yourself and don't worry about posting updates too often. You are doing so well!!!
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fabulous! Keep these pics posted to your fridge as a reminder of how far you've come! Cheers!
  • pe4sandra
    pe4sandra Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You are so pretty. Congrats!
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    yay! that's amazing, congrats! you look beautiful!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look amazing.
  • itsanatalia
    itsanatalia Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What a change! Great job, thank you for sharing!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as too many progress threads/pictures and success stories.

You are stunning.

Great job!
  • DucksandOranges
    DucksandOranges Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as too many progress threads/pictures and success stories.

You are stunning.

Great job!

I totally second that! Keep em coming! Looking great!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Thanks for sharing. I think you're going to love what weight lifting is going to do for you.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! Do people who knew you back at your old weight even recognize you now?
  • xxcooneyxx
    Options
    You are awesome! Thanks for sharing. I think you're going to love what weight lifting is going to do for you.

I used to do it back in college. I loved it so much. I am really excited to start again. I stopped last time because I dislocated my shoulder like 25 times. I saw a doctor recently and we are going to schedule surgery in a few months to correct my shoulder. The doctor told me though, as long as I was careful, I could start lifting before my surgery.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can ever post too many progress updates! That's what keeps people going! Great job and congratulations...you look amazing. :flowerforyou:
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely awesome sweety thank you for sharing your progress tonight!
  • xxcooneyxx
    Options
    What a transformation! Do people who knew you back at your old weight even recognize you now?

They actually do, though I've seen a few people I passed in public look at me, keep walking, look back, hesitate, keep walking, and then turn back around. At which point ill wave and they are like "Katie!?"

One of the downsides of the weight loss has been losing a lot of my guy friends though. Many of them began hitting on me relentlessly. I've had the same boyfriend for a while and he has loved me unconditionally, fat or thin. After I lost weight, some of my guy friends suddenly had no respect for my relationship and acted like I owed it to them to sleep with them or fool around with them because they were friendly to me when I was fat. Not cool guys D=
  • TabbiKat15
    TabbiKat15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    WoW! Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!