How long to Jog a Mile?

Options
2»

Replies

• eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've been running for about 20 years and I have never, will never run faster than an 11-minute mile for any length of time. It just doesn't matter to me. The more important number is the number of miles. Push yourself a little on the pace, sure, but make sure you build up time and distance. Get a running buddy; join a running group.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I may be repeating others, but I'd say just work on your own personal bet or just try to keep improving on your time. Good luck!!
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    For females a reasonable decent time for one mile for 20 years old is probably between 7:00 to 8:00 min. For males it is probaby about a minute faster. To get there, or faster, you have to train and be willing to run deeply in the pain zone during the time trial.

The human body can do a lot more than most people are willing to ask it to do.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Height doesn't matter.
    Pace doesn't matter.
    What others do doesn't matter.

What matters is that you are getting out there and running. You've already done three miles, so C25K is too remedial for you. Just continue to run at a conversational pace and add on a little bit at a time. A quarter mile to one run, a half mile to another. SLOWLY increase the distance and you will see improvements in your pace without even trying.

Keep up the good work.
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    In addition to all the good advice above, you should also try to mix in the occasional shorter run at a higher speed. You'll find this makes your longer slower runs a bit more comfortable