27, never married and no kids?

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• Tflowers34907
    Tflowers34907 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I will be 27 this Friday. Never married and no children. I just like to think that I haven't found anyone that's comfortable having this much awesomeness around all the time. Too much pressure. Lol, j/k. :wink:
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Definitely not weird.
    I am 26, never married, and have no kids....don't particularly care to, either
    Now, not to offend those who have gone the domestic route, so chill in advance but this is what I do have:

A great career, the freedom to go where I chose when I'd like to, privacy, the time to get pedicures when I'd like, disposable income, and I don't have to share my bed/bathroom/closet/etc. Its kind of great...I often feel semi guilty about how much I enjoy myself compared to my married w/children friends. (again- I am Not putting it down)

Similar boat to this minus the disposable income since I m a student. Also, I don't feel the least bit guilty about enjoying myself. ;)
  • ereach4731
    ereach4731 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 30, never married and no kids. I imagine we'll get married sometime after I finish college next year; been with my man for 6 years. But don't judge your life by comparing it to others. Send me a friend request!
  • genacide
    genacide Posts: 2
    Options
    25, never married, not in a relationship, no kids, but two cats who are about as needy as I can handle. I love them, though. :)
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Now let me add that I love my children... and my goodness life would be dull without them! HOWEVER It isn't a matter of regret... it is a matter of you guys that have no children have NO idea what kind of commitment it takes. If I would have known I swear I would have steered very clear of that! It is hard! I think also if I had a husband that was faithful and stuck with me, I wouldn't be working 2 jobs and pulling all my hair out trying to make everyone happy and content. Whew!

Basically in a nut shell.. ENJOY your time without kids while you have it. No need in rushing it. Once you have a child your life is changed forever.
  • kaitie23
    kaitie23 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you, 27 never married and no kids. I am focusing on my career at the moment. If someone happens to come along that changes that then so be it.
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat. It actually is weird for me as I do desire to have a traditional life. Yet I don't see much changing as I don't see the population of men getting any better. Sad but it's life.
  • sakuraamber
    Options
    I am 27 , I have never been married and I have no desire for kids. Don't feel left out! Like many others have stated before me, It will happen when it happens when you want it to happen.
  • JackiSto
    JackiSto Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, a not married no kids club! Where do I sign up? I'll be 32 at the end of the month, no interest in having kids, and mild interest in getting married. Love my job, house, boyfriend and dog though!

Looking for more friends so please feel free to add me!
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and I don't have kids either. I am focused on finishing school and career at the moment.
  • truss08
    truss08 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm not a dude, but I'm not married and I'm 25 and I have no kids... just figuring out what I want to do with my life and working out :-p
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Married with one child and can't imagine life without them both. To each his own path, as long as you're happy :flowerforyou:
  • playitagainsam
    playitagainsam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm 33, soon to be 34...never married...no kids...and I'm fine with that for now. I've had my priorities other places over the past years and when the time is right...if the time ever comes...then I'll get married and think about kids. It's your life...live it your way and do what you want to do. Tell those that stick their noses into your life to just concentrate on their own...and you'll do the same with yours!
  • Tigre_Lily
    Tigre_Lily Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 29, not married, no kids unless you count my four legged furry baby.
    My boyfriend and I have decided to never have kids. It's not a bad thing at all. I love my freedom and the ability to do anything on my own time. Like today I just got up and drove an hour and a half to go look at cups and soap. Tomorrow I might go to the mall after work.