Options

Replies

• Foxtrotcharliekeeloo
    Options
    I need to frame this lol
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I wish more people in the world were like you. It's really nice you are trying to help others by posting what you learned :flowerforyou:
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, positive, uplifting. Thank you for sharing this with the community. I know a lot of people need to hear it, myself included.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Well put...and from the counselor's chair, "I don't really care what people think about me, but I care deeply how I think about others and treat them." Peace.

BSP2592_1.jpg
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    <3 I think this is what people are referring to when they say that they wish they could go back thirty years and know what they know now. :flowerforyou:
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Love this post. Though I'd prefer the title to be "Let people judge you." Judgement is inevitable. We all do it to some degree. The key is not to care. Don't avoid doing things you want to do just to escape judgement.

I've recently recovered from social anxiety, which is basically a fear of being judged by others. I'd like to say that recovery is possible. It's a lot of work though! It may be cliche, but in order to overcome your fears, you must face them. I had to do things I was uncomfortable with or even terrified of doing until my anxiety had little effect on me. Also, don't be afraid to get help, it's the best decision I ever made!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Love love love this post <3

Uplifting, positive and 100% accurate. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of you, it matters what you think of yourself. And that's usually the real problem, and the real place to start.
    "I don't really care what people think about me, but I care deeply how I think about others and treat them."

From the OP to the above and many in-between... important words to realize, because we do matter and can pay it forward with kindness as we begin to love ourselves.

Thank you:heart:
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Thank you .. everyone here rocks, no matter what!! :D
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    One of the best posts I have seen on here. Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy day to share and inspire us.

You ROCK!!!!!
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I love threads like this!! Thanks for your post :smile:
  • cindyferrante5
    Options
    Great post Ty :)
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Wow! Loving this! Feels like it came right from your heart! Bumping to keep it for inspiration.
    Thank you!
  • LittleMsEva
    LittleMsEva Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    thank you so much :(
  • Andrea8985
    Andrea8985 Posts: 107
    Options
    Ahahaha. I can SO relate to the being made fun of for being pale and white like most Irish kids. I love being Irish though. <3

Great post, by the way!
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    TY OP for all you wrote. I agree with you and think you're an angel XO
  • meganinthefiveoh
    Options
    Man... I had Numb by Linkin Park playing while I was reading this. Almost made me cry...seriously! Thank you though, very inspiring :)
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well said! Eff the haters.
  • TS3g
    TS3g Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Excellent post OP! I'll be putting this thread in my list of motivational tools when feeling blue.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Words of wisdom, very well said!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    “If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved, and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It's very important to be aware of them every time they come up.” ~Deepak Chopra

Thank you for a lovely post. :flowerforyou: