C25K week 2 comments and questions

Options

Replies

• pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just read through this whole post and you're doing great!

I started week 9 last night and every week along the way I had my doubts that I'd be able to do it. But I did it every time, and it still surprises me when I think about it.

It's such a great feeling isn't it?

The best part for me is the moments where I forget that I'm running and I actually think about something besides "please let this be over soon." It's turned into a great stress relief for me, and I look forward to it every time I get to go.

I really hope you keep it up :D
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :happy: Finished week 3 this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smooched:

Great Job!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Friday I will do Week 5 Day 3 it's a straight 20 minute run. I'm am so scared! I have never ran for that long before! I am sure I will have to stop at least once, but I am determined, and I will press on!

You can do it! I did w5d3 a few days ago and was so nervous, but if I can do it so can you. Just take it nice and slow and focus on your breathing. I had never in my life ran a mile and managed to run two. It's a total mental thing.

Make sure after you kick butt and do it you come back and brag to us!

Trust me, if I kick butt and do it I will definitely be bragging about it!!!! Thanks for the motivation!!! :flowerforyou:
  • betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Well, I got up this morning to start week 4. I was very nervous. I put my clothes on brushed my teeth, grabbed a swig of water and opened the front door...it was sprinkling. I had 2 choices, go back to bed cause hey its raining and I dont really think I can jog for 5 mintues anyway, or go on out there and at least try. So I went on out, about 2 mintues in to my warm up, the rain picks up a little but I keep going. I completed week 4 day 1 without stopping...Now with that being said I will say this...IT WAS HARD...Today was the closest I have ever come to having to stop before the time was up. I still dont know how I did, Also the last 5 minutes I was going so slow Im not sure you could consider it a jog, but I wasnt "walking" so I guess thats what it was. I havent pushed myself this hard ever! In a couple of weeks if I can come back here and say I jogged farther than 5 mintues I will be shocked. I was glad that when I looked ahead to week 5 it had just added another 5 minutes and not longer time, maybe that will give me time to build up (guess the program is working). Anyway, I am happy and tired!

I am so happy for this forum, not sure I could keep going without it.
    Week 4 Day 1 DONE! :tongue:
    Betsi
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Well, I got up this morning to start week 4. I was very nervous. I put my clothes on brushed my teeth, grabbed a swig of water and opened the front door...it was sprinkling. I had 2 choices, go back to bed cause hey its raining and I dont really think I can jog for 5 mintues anyway, or go on out there and at least try. So I went on out, about 2 mintues in to my warm up, the rain picks up a little but I keep going. I completed week 4 day 1 without stopping...Now with that being said I will say this...IT WAS HARD...Today was the closest I have ever come to having to stop before the time was up. I still dont know how I did, Also the last 5 minutes I was going so slow Im not sure you could consider it a jog, but I wasnt "walking" so I guess thats what it was. I havent pushed myself this hard ever! In a couple of weeks if I can come back here and say I jogged farther than 5 mintues I will be shocked. I was glad that when I looked ahead to week 5 it had just added another 5 minutes and not longer time, maybe that will give me time to build up (guess the program is working). Anyway, I am happy and tired!

Betsi

Not only did you do, but you did it in the rain! That's even extra awesome points! Way to go!
  • betsij
    Options
    thank you!
    Pretty sore this morning, so I am gonna try day 2 on Sunday
  • alglenn2013
    Options

Betsi

Great job! Week 4 is tough. I did week 5 day 3 on friday. 20 minutes without stopping, for a total of 1.44 miles. My 1st mile I have ever run! I know what you mean about going so slow, but you are right, it isn't walking so it counts!!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options

Betsi

Great job! Week 4 is tough. I did week 5 day 3 on friday. 20 minutes without stopping, for a total of 1.44 miles. My 1st mile I have ever run! I know what you mean about going so slow, but you are right, it isn't walking so it counts!!

You ran your first mile! You should be super proud of yourself! That's fantastic! Go you. Thank you for coming back and letting us know you did it!
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Great thread, bumping to read later :) Tomorrow is my week 5 day 3!!!!!!!!! A little nervous.
  • betsij
    Options
    Great thread, bumping to read later :) Tomorrow is my week 5 day 3!!!!!!!!! A little nervous.

How did it go???
    I am just back from vacation and start week 5 tomorrow morning....so nervous!
  • alglenn2013
    Options
    Week 5 is one of the toughest I think, but after week 5 something "clicked" for me and it all got a little easier. Good luck and don't give up!!!
  • betsij
    Options
    Week 5 Day 1
    I did it! It was awesome! I didnt even get winded until the last 5 minutes! I mean I OWNED it! So freakin happy!
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Great to hear it's going well for you! I started Week 6 yesterday. It's been a welcome surprise at how easy I've been finding the gradual increases in distance/time ran. It's a great plan - I'm starting to get keen to finish it and maybe even move onto 10k!
  • betsij
    Options
    Great to hear it's going well for you! I started Week 6 yesterday. It's been a welcome surprise at how easy I've been finding the gradual increases in distance/time ran. It's a great plan - I'm starting to get keen to finish it and maybe even move onto 10k!

I know what you mean! I had my doubts just last week, Im not sure what happened this morning, but I could actually do it without feeling like I was dying!
  • betsij
    Options
    If anyone is still out there
    I DID IT!!!! I finished week 5 this morning!
    I ran 20 minutes with out stopping!
    I feel like I could move a mountian today!!!!!!

Betsi :laugh: :wink: :smile:
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options

NOW you see why we all said "keep going"! It can be done, it feels awesome, and it makes you able to accomplish things you couldn't dream of before. CONGRATS! Keep going....who would have thought we could love something we were probably afraid of 6 months ago???? :love:
  • betsij
    Options
    Bingo!! Its pretty awesome, If you would have told me 3 months ago even that I could jog 20 minutes without stopping I would have died laughing. I am looking foward to pushing myself even more!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options

Congrats! Isn't it the best feeling ever?
  • betsij
    Options

Congrats! Isn't it the best feeling ever?

I have no words!
  • betsij
    Options
    I got my new shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • betsij
    Options
    Week 6 done! Love the new shoes, making a big difference :happy: