• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I also forgot to mention that questions like this usually end in

american-civil-war.jpg
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I just quit tracking sugar. Here's how I look at it: even if I'm way over, I'm still way under what I used to consume.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    All I count is refined/added sugar, which I usually only get in my daily piece of chocolate. Just do whats best for you. You can change your sugar goals to a higher number also. The AHA recommends for women to have no more than 5 tsp (20g) of added sugar per day, and not to eliminate naturally occurring sugars from fruit, veg, and dairy, from your food because they are an important staple of any healthy diet. So just try to keep an eye on your added sugar, like sugars in soda, cereal, processed foods, etc, and see how that works out for you.
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hello my fruit consist of berries because of the low sugar. I noticed when I ate a lot of sugar I didn't lose much... I started cutting sugar out slowly for example instead of getting regular almond milk I get unsweetened almond milk.My snacks are almonds and celery with peanut butter..
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I quit tracking sugar within my first week. It is a simple carbohydrate. Worry more about not getting too many simple carbs in a single sitting and balancing it with complex carbs like pasta and breads.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical reason to watch your sugar intake (ie: you're diabetic), why bother?

I haven't tracked sugar...ever. I'm good.

Same^^
  • daaimah123
    daaimah123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    how are you able to track the fiber on MFP?
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    how are you able to track the fiber on MFP?

Under the 'food' tab, choose 'settings' and you should be able to alter which 5 additional nutrients you track.

I took out sugar and sodium and added fiber and potassium, because those are two things where I always fall short if I'm not watching.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    I've hired a private eye to track my sugars so I can get back to eating my ice cream.:happy:
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    i read once how the sugar from fruit is pretty much negated by it's fiber. so i'm good.
    no, you were deceived ;-)
  • The_Gruffalo
    Options
    If it comes from fruit ignore it - if it comes from cake and poptarts then watch it.

There is a sensor in your stomach that detects if its poptart sugar
    If its poptart sugar you'll become obese

Sorry but this is the wrong advice.

All sugars will make you obese if you eat enough yes fruit is natural sugar but after so much your body will see it as just sugar and start storing it they why it is recommended you only have 5 portions of fruit a day.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical reason to watch your sugar, you can probably ignore this. The sugar value provided by MFP is based on the recommendations for added sugar, and does not take into account naturally occuring sugar (this is why so many people are suggesting that you ignore the sugar in fruit). There is no agreed upon recommendation for total sugar for a normal, healthy person, so don't worry about it.