Shakeology?

Options
2»

Replies

• sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I don't know why everyone is so aggressive when it comes to shakeology/herbalife. It's overpriced but there's nothing bad about it. I have a friend that loves it and she DOES NOT sell it. Again, I think it's overpriced but if you have the money to spare, why not? In my opinion, if you're really set on doing the whole shake thing I would suggest just buying something similar from Whole Foods. I used to buy one that had almost the exact same things in it and it was only around 30 dollars as opposed to $150!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I know I can get a scale for cheap people need to quit rubbing it in, if I don't wanna buy a scale and get shakeoligy if I want I have the right to do so.

As far as shakeoligy goes I would only use it for a protein shake in the morning before I went to work and I would not use it to replace a meal either.

So if you are telling me to get a scale please stop this thread is about shakeology
    Are you having a problem eating enough calories every day?
  • JoeJ2083
    JoeJ2083 Posts: 37
    Options
    Bo I'm not having a hard time eating calories
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    For all the calories you drink in that shake, that's food you don't get to eat. You might consider something like a banana and/or an apple for breakfast. It's a lot cheaper and you get to eat them and you get good nutrition from them.
  • JoeJ2083
    JoeJ2083 Posts: 37
    Options
    Or it it isn't shakeology should I make smoothies or something
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Is it Worth it? I wanna look into it.

tumblr_me2hnveRBD1rrpsd7.gif

LOL
  • Andrea8985
    Andrea8985 Posts: 107
    Options
    It's really overpriced. If you have the money to spare it's not bad (though it does have a fair bit of sugar as far as weight loss goes), but personally I don't see the point of spending a ridiculous amount on that when you can just buy some protein powder.

I use protein powder, some milk, and some frozen fruit as one or two meals a day fairly often. I get pretty busy, and honestly, a lot of the time I just don't like eating. Protein shakes with some frozen fruit work really well for me. If you don't need the additional protein, protein shakes of any sort aren't necessary. For me, the protein shakes are necessary to get enough protein since I don't eat much from regular food. If you do, then plain ol' smoothies are fine. There's tons of recipes on the internet, and there's really no limit to the combinations you can make. Green smoothies are awesome. I also recommend chia seeds. A bit expensive to buy, but they'll last a long time. They have health benefits, but my favorite part about them is they give excellent creaminess to smoothies.
  • mrloserpunk
    mrloserpunk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Or it it isn't shakeology should I make smoothies or something

Why?

True story... Chewing burns calories. Just sayin.....

http://www.livestrong.com/article/315274-how-many-calories-does-chewing-gum-burn-per-hour/
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I like it but it does lack in protein & it gets old after 3 months, once I'm done with the supply I have I'm done (:
  • flab2fab7878
    Options
    beach body has some deals where you purchase a workout like insanity or other workouts etc for 100 or 140 and you get the shakeology for the month included..and it seems like a better deal then just signing up for the one month auto ship for 100 something if you are gonna spend that much u might as well get a workout with it.. if you contact a rep they usually can get a better deal.. but do your research and if you wanna check it out or ask questions theres a great group on facebook called third deminsion fitness they are not pushy and dont require you to buy but answer your questions and are a huge support group trying to get fit some use beach body stuff others use diff workout... good luck
  • Teyah04
    Teyah04 Posts: 5
    Options
    I tried it just a few weeks ago, and was not a fan. I know of a ton of people who love it, but to each their own I guess.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I have tasted chocolate shakeology and its sooo good, I got a sample pack and it made a lot , really filled me up. I see they have vegan now, would love to try but I can't afford it and not interested in joining company. If I could I would buy it to have around.
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Serving size is 48 grams and only 17 of them are protein. There is also 9g of sugar which is very high if you are attempting to lose weight. Even the stuff at Costco is better than this.

Thank you...someone stating a real reason...

Protein does not have to be expensive. Egg whites are cheap and the second best protein for BCAA's (second only to whey). You can add them to just about thing you eat because they are so neutral in taste and the calorie to protein ratio is amazing.

I used this nutritional label for the shakeology greenberry to do a little comparison. I must admit it has some good ingredients in it...
    http://www.shakeology.com/the-shake/-/dl_get_file/ec8c9e06-5208-4177-8ed3-c43696462193

BUT

I won't eat 19 grams of carbs (11 are sugar) with only 16 grams of protein for the cost of these shakes...regardless of all the other stuff loaded in them, that is crazy in a world today where the average protein powder is at least 25 grams or protein and only 3 grams sugar. Yes it has some extra nutrients, so take a a vitamin and mineral supplement with your protein, like Green Vibrance, which will give you even more nutrients for your money.

I do not mind spending money on a good supplement if it has high quality. I buy some high end protein mixes and add some expensive green foods, mct oil, and good quality fiber them. Each shake I make is probably close to the price of shakeology. But I know what I am putting in my shakes and it is no where close to 19 grams of carbs! Also my shakes have twice the protein (and a lot more fiber, and healthy fat)

And I have read about how some thing the body is only able to process a max of 20 grams protein per meal and that has been debunked in most athletic training research. The body breaks down aminos and uses them in a much different way that other macros...very little protein is EVER eliminated in the body without being processed and it is nearly impossible to turn protein to fat...so the more the better as long as you have normal bladder and kidney function...