Replies

• shortyboom
    shortyboom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Buckey! This is very helpful!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Your diet looks very carb-heavy, low fat and low protein. No wonder you are hungry!

My suggestion- switch out fat free creamer for sugar free
    Add a lot more protein to your meals-
    Egg and cheese omelets with ham and mushrooms are awesome. I use egg beaters and fat free cheese to lower the cals and up the protein content. You can make a huge omelet for well under 300 cals. It will keep you full for quite a while.

Grilled chicken or fish with steamed veggies or salad.
    Add avocados to salads or omelets to get some good fats
    have some nuts or seeds as snacks to up your healthy fats

Shoot for 80-100 gr of protein per day, and 40-45 gr fats.
    Lots of high fiber veggies.

And make yourself get more fluids in. It does really help.
  • mathstudent
    Options
    Your diet looks very carb-heavy, low fat and low protein. No wonder you are hungry!

My suggestion- switch out fat free creamer for sugar free
    Add a lot more protein to your meals-
    Egg and cheese omelets with ham and mushrooms are awesome. I use egg beaters and fat free cheese to lower the cals and up the protein content. You can make a huge omelet for well under 300 cals. It will keep you full for quite a while.

Grilled chicken or fish with steamed veggies or salad.
    Add avocados to salads or omelets to get some good fats
    have some nuts or seeds as snacks to up your healthy fats

Shoot for 80-100 gr of protein per day, and 40-45 gr fats.
    Lots of high fiber veggies.

And make yourself get more fluids in. It does really help.

Second that. And i'm thin, so you should listen to me...
  • sw0301
    sw0301 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Let me clarify.... I only drink average of 2 beverages per day. I know i need to drink more water. Below is my normal meal plan for the day

Breakfast
    Coffee with fat free vanilla creamer and one packet of Splenda
    Dannon light and fit yogurt
    Banana
    (Sometimes a thin bagel)

Lunch
    Smart Ones frozen entree
    Bottle of water
    Fruit
    (I'm usually still hungry and will walk around the office looking for candy or leftover food from meetings)

Afternoon snack
    Fruit or something with carbs

Dinner
    Lately I haven't been planning out my dinners so I'll just eat whatever is around. Bowl of Cheerios with milk, or pasta, or hot dogs.
    *I plan to get back to my normal routine of planning my weekly dinners in advance

My suggestions...
    Start by drinking a lot more water! At least 64 ounces a day, plus more with exercise!
    Switch to greek yogurt, makes a huge difference in keeping you full. There are tons of options to choose from too.
    Quit eating those silly smart ones, I'd have to eat 3 to even feel like I was slightly full. It's much easier to make an extra chicken breast, etc at dinner for the next day.

Feel free to add me for ideas. :) I'm not perfect but I know it's possible to stay within 1200-1300. My diary is set at 1300 calories, but with exercise I consume on average 1500. I also have a huge sweet tooth but my hubby convinced me to swear off sweets for July.
  • jenniferwoodweeg
    jenniferwoodweeg Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    1200 is low and I thought the same thing. That was 9 weeks ago and 9pounds ago. What I did learn was I need to exercise and then, eat about 1/2 my exercise cal back because mfp was way overestimating my burns. This gave me around 1300-1400 cal per day that I would eat 30 percent protein , 20 percent fat and 60 percent carbs approx. I chose higher protein foods such as greek yogurt and string cheese snacks,etc..
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

What activity level did you choose? The sedentary one is very low.
    Also as I mentioned above, MFP expects you to log exercise and eat those calories n

And with 10 lbs, .5 lbs a week is the ideal goal. The less you have to lose the less deficit you should have.

Hi - I chose sedentary because I have a desk job and sit all day. It said low activity is someone who is on their feet all day like a sales person. Should I change mine to "low" if I plan to exercise?

2 Methods .....

MFP does not assume anyone will exercise .... so you would use sedentary (or lighlty active) then ADD back exercise calories. If you are an infrequent exerciser this is a good plan. You would eat more on "exercise" days..... this might be incentive.

Scooby's calculator (TDEE) ..... this number "should" include exercise up front. Then you take a flat % (deficit) off of that number. This gives you the same calories daily.

Both methods work ..... just pick the one that fits you.
  • davidb77gm
    davidb77gm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this too but in a week I was able to lose 4 pounds. I am a big guy and am used to eating much more than 1200 calories per day but at my weight and height I am allowed 1800 to 2000 and it says I will still lose weight. What I have found out is that I can eat 'good' fast food - (mostly Subway which I love anyway) and when I get hungry later in the day just eat a little bit of something good. I just had a small amount of cottage cheese and just 4 low cal saltines and I feel much better. This allows for greater flexibility for dinner and even a desert. I hope this helps. Judging from what you say I think maybe you are just experiencing some lows in the day. I am sure you can make your goal. :)