Meat withdrawals >_<

Options
Woodsmoke
Woodsmoke Posts: 360 Member
So... anyone else turned partially veggie and longing to tear apart a chicken thigh or a pork chop like a panther?

Wahhhhh! T_T

Tantrum done. I just miss meat, I haven't bought any of my usual amounts in three weeks now and I am experiencing severe cravings!

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone do that??? :sad: I love meat !:flowerforyou:
  • tinylightsbelow
    tinylightsbelow Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any fake meat? A veggie burger or some faux 'chicken' can take the edge off of cravings :)
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just eat meat!
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you suddenly switched to not eating meat or less meat?
  • RebeccaSarah16
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for most of my life, it gets easier! I can't even look at meat now:)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I just want some facking eggs
  • Woodsmoke
    Options
    No I can't eat meat... I'm doing much better with my calorie count since I cut out the greater amount of meat (even faux meat) that I used to eat.

Plus, I know my willpower isn't great, so rather than having the temptation, I just don't have it in the house.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    2rnknwp.jpg

do what works for you but don't go extreme it will not work you need to make it a lifestyle
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any fake meat? A veggie burger or some faux 'chicken' can take the edge off of cravings :)

The only thing worse than not eating meat, is eating fake meat.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue once. Then my husband came back from his business trip.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Just eat it. I find it pointless going vegetarian if you crave meat. I personally never craved it. And meat isn't bad for you as long as you eat lean.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Thought this thread was about a vow of celibacy....left disappoint
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    (Ignorant people that can't understand why we choose not to eat meat.) Fake meat products could help curb the craving, but yeah, weening off of meat is way easier than going cold turkey. If you have a craving, those will eventually turn into guilty cravings, then will turn into after thoughts. It took a little bit, especially since I loved meat and had been eating meat for a long time, but now it's just second nature.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Ughhh... why?...

Meat is good and good for you. It's such an amazing source of protein and other goodies. I'm sorry you've chosen not to eat it.
  • DoctorCheeba
    Options
    Meat is good for you and it SHOULD be part of a healthy lifestyle. Stick to only lean meats like Chicken, Turkey and Fish and chow down!
    I don't understand vegetarians who know they love meat... there is nothing wrong with being a vegetarian or vegan if it suits YOU. But it's not for everyone.
    I love animals too and see both sides but I wholesomely believe we were meant to eat chicken and fish. Maybe not everything else we eat, but those two meat sources are too good to be true...
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    My advice is to make meals that you can easily make without meat: tacos/enchiladas/fajitas, pasta/lasagna, stir fry, salads. In place of meat I use a variety of other foods depending on the meal. In salads I use nuts and seeds, in latin foods I use beans, mushrooms, and the occasional soy "chorizo", in Mediterranean foods I use chickpeas, mushrooms, and sometimes veggie meatballs or veggie ground "meat", and in stir fry I use tofu.
    It's an adjustment, but it can be done. :smile:
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    if you are really missing the flavor but want to cut down you could try using meat as flavoring rather than the main part of your meal.
    If you don't eat meat at all make sure you are getting enough protein and iron from other foods.
    I am not vegetarian, just don't usually eat a lot of meat. I personally don't like "meat substitutes", meaning trying to trick myself into eating non-meat foods disguised as meat. A bean patty is never going to taste like a hamburger and I don't think it should, but I'll eat one because I actually want to.
  • Woodsmoke
    Options
    I am going veggie for two reasons: No.1, it's a diet saboteur for me. I just munch and munch and that's the calorie count gone wayyyyyyy over.

No.2, I just don't think that in this day and age humans NEED to eat meat. There are plenty of other sources of protein, and I we should be past killing things for our food these days.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am going veggie for two reasons: No.1, it's a diet saboteur for me. I just munch and munch and that's the calorie count gone wayyyyyyy over.

No.2, I just don't think that in this day and age humans NEED to eat meat. There are plenty of other sources of protein, and I we should be past killing things for our food these days.
    No. 2 - Albert Einstein even said the human race would be better off by converting to a more vegetarian diet. Meat helped us evolve to what we are today, but the idea that meat is a necessity in this day in age, I believe, is slightly ridiculous.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Body might be piping up for good reason - I can't peek at what you're up to but if you're not getting a mix of beans, seeds, and grains your body might not be able to piece together the protein it needs. Plus there's a few other goodies that get harder to get enough of without meat.

Note that I said harder, not impossible... which means there may need to be more effort involved than there currently is but it's doable.