Krispy Kreme Challenge

Options

Replies

• EnderNC
    EnderNC Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I did this challenge this past February. It's not as bad as you think it is.

The hardest part is definitely eating all the doughnuts. Once you stomach that though, it's not so bad. I enjoyed it and it kept me from eating another doughnut for the next 6 months!

My time was 45:16. I beat the challenge :) Pic in my profile of me at the Krispy Kreme.
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I work nearby, and a lot of my coworkers participate. I LOVE kk, to the point that I can't be near them because I WILL eat every one in site. However I've never participated because I'm pretty sure I would ralph at some point during the second leg of the race, and I never like to toss my cookies. That would just be such a waste of glorious kk doughnuts....
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I can't even eat three donuts...
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I might do a modified version of this... I can't eat a dozen donuts by myself! XD I think I'll get my bro to go in on it with me
  • briannaaclark1
    Options
    I feel like I would throw up.... scary challenge.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm interested, except for the donuts eating part of it.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I might join in modified for fun.

I can barely eat two donuts and I don't run.

So one donut and a jog? AT LEAST I'M TRYING. T_T
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Had no idea "challenges" like this existed! crazy
  • kmorales_4
    kmorales_4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You hate Krispy Kreme???

I love them. It's one of the reasons I HAD to join MFP. LOL
  • McGruber03
    McGruber03 Posts: 113
    Options
    My husband did this in Feb 2011. He imagined the donuts to be hot and delicious, right off the conveyer, since he was running TO Krispy Kreme. Reality - it was cold and rainy, the donuts were made the night before and were cold and hard (they had been sitting outside under tents for a few hours, at least). He choked them down and ran back, but didn't puke. A lot of people did. I was at KK waiting on him to take pics of him stuffing his face. There were SO many people that he was impossible to find. By the time I found him, he was cold and nauseated, but said he had fun. He hasn't had KK since. Raleigh was an awesome place to visit. I am a runner but decided against this one challenge. I would have puked for sure.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't understand the point of the challenge...
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be a killjoy, but 7700 people at over $5 bucks a dozen, would be almost another $40,000 for the Children's Hospital. Really? If the goal was to raise money for the kids, just do it without the doughnuts and give the extra 40k to the kids.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but running 5 miles won't even burn 2 donuts. Eating more than your daily recommended caloric intake in donuts does not sound like an idea that should in any way be associated with medical professionals.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of the Iowa State Doughnut Run better... http://triathlon.stuorg.iastate.edu/tri/?q=DoughnutRun

I would probably die from all that sugar, but it would (possibly) be worth it.

I like this one better too haha....taking time off my incredibly slow 5K time seems like a better reason to eat donuts lol!
  • EnderNC
    EnderNC Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be a killjoy, but 7700 people at over $5 bucks a dozen, would be almost another $40,000 for the Children's Hospital. Really? If the goal was to raise money for the kids, just do it without the doughnuts and give the extra 40k to the kids.

Fairly certain KK donates them, at least in part
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but running 5 miles won't even burn 2 donuts. Eating more than your daily recommended caloric intake in donuts does not sound like an idea that should in any way be associated with medical professionals.

For me 1 mile is about 9 minutes and about 110 calories. We'll round and say that 5 miles is 550 calories. That's almost 3 donuts (regular KK donuts are 200 calories each). My TDEE with no exercise is 2300 calories, so with the run and after burn I'd burn at least 3000 that day. Add some chicken and vegetables for lunch and dinner means I would still come out at or under my TDEE.

I fail to see the problem in a fun challenge. The OP proves time and again you can eat large quanitites of "junk" while losing or maintaining weight. Should have seen the video of him eating a large pizza by himself.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Would calling it "Gain a pound in one day" challenge not have a desired effect on the turnout?
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts are disgusting. I've never been a fan of any of the doughnut chains.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options

Fairly certain KK donates them, at least in part

Then make the cash contribution and the money goes to the kids. Same difference. But as it is, KK uses this as a marketing tool as well. Any "in-kind" donation of dougnuts is certainly less than the value of the marketing and corporate "goodwill" they might generate. And it isn't about the kids. It's about KK.