How far do you go on cheat days?

Replies

• volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    I see no need or reason for cheat days, I eat what I want to and stay under my calorie goal, always. If you have cheat days you're only "cheating" yourself. So I don't do it, ever. This may be different for some, but I can easily eat one cookie ( or half a cookie) and stop there, or one tablespoon of ice cream and call it enough.

I feel the same. And like you, I too am pleased that I can control myself. I know not everyone can, but, as example, I lick the knife after I cut & serve cake ~ it satisfies me ;) Than I log it as 1/4 slice.

This makes me sad.

I didn't want to say it...but since you said it first: That's the second saddest thing I've ever seen on MFP. First was a woman who only allows herself one sugar cookie on Christmas and one half slice of cake on her birthday and otherwise eats no sweets/treats/Ebil Refined Sugar. Not because she doesn't like sweets but because somethingsomethingfoodisevilsomething.

this makes me really sad too
  • KatyP29
    KatyP29 Posts: 19 Member
    On my "cheat day" I wouldnt say I go more than 200-400 calories over my ususal intake but I limit myself to just the meal not the entire day, I also limit this to just a Saturday or Sunday (Or both if I havent been too bad/or am on holiday) unless I have an event to go to, For example I have a friends birthday on Saturday and my Brothers on Monday, both of which include going out for a meal, I wont refuse to go or to eat, I will enjoy it but be extra good during the day and for the rest of the week, No point in being sat there miserable with a plate of vegetables when you should be remembering to still have fun and enjoy yourself
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    I see no need or reason for cheat days, I eat what I want to and stay under my calorie goal, always. If you have cheat days you're only "cheating" yourself. So I don't do it, ever. This may be different for some, but I can easily eat one cookie ( or half a cookie) and stop there, or one tablespoon of ice cream and call it enough.

I feel the same. And like you, I too am pleased that I can control myself. I know not everyone can, but, as example, I lick the knife after I cut & serve cake ~ it satisfies me ;) Than I log it as 1/4 slice.

This makes me sad.

I didn't want to say it...but since you said it first: That's the second saddest thing I've ever seen on MFP. First was a woman who only allows herself one sugar cookie on Christmas and one half slice of cake on her birthday and otherwise eats no sweets/treats/Ebil Refined Sugar. Not because she doesn't like sweets but because somethingsomethingfoodisevilsomething.

No need to feel sad *for me* ~ I don't think cake/sweets/sugar is evil, sweets have just never been a food I crave. I've always enjoyed the main course and could take or leave dessert. Truthfully I wouldn't even eat one sugar cookie at the holidays because they don't appeal to me. And yup, I'd have a 1/2 slice of my own b'day cake because it's meh to me.

Pizza, I'm gonna eat it all and go back for 2nds. Not so with cake, cookies, ice cream.

It'd be nice if people weren't so condescending to the poster re: not being that into sweets. She just explained it and people are still writing these pathetic comments 'how sad!' 'I'm so sad for you!' She's not sad. She's fine. Leave her alone. I've never written something angry on MFP before but your obnoxious comments really irked me today.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

This makes me sad.

No need to feel sad *for me* ~ I don't think cake/sweets/sugar is evil, sweets have just never been a food I crave. I've always enjoyed the main course and could take or leave dessert. Truthfully I wouldn't even eat one sugar cookie at the holidays because they don't appeal to me. And yup, I'd have a 1/2 slice of my own b'day cake because it's meh to me.

Pizza, I'm gonna eat it all and go back for 2nds. Not so with cake, cookies, ice cream.

It'd be nice if people weren't so condescending to the poster re: not being that into sweets. She just explained it and people are still writing these pathetic comments 'how sad!' 'I'm so sad for you!' She's not sad. She's fine. Leave her alone. I've never written something angry on MFP before but your obnoxious comments really irked me today.

Feel better?

Cutting a cake and then licking the knife, then claiming to not be into sweets doesn't ring true to me, but lets say it is true: Just because someone believes themselves to be happy or fine doesn't mean I can't still find their situation sad. I'm sad for you that my finding someone else's habits sad upsets you so. :sad:
  • davidmg1982
    davidmg1982 Posts: 11 Member
    My cheat day is also my best and intense workout day, so at the end i can eat whatever i want and still keep my calorie goals. Its a good practice!
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    I haven't read a single reply but why does anybody need a cheat day? It's really dumb because if you are heating healthy and not depriving yourself, you shouldn't need one!

Well before you blurt out such rediculas coments maybe you should read the replys. What alot of people are saying but you wouldnt know this, is that they have meals/days where they have something which is not paritcullary good or healthy to which they wouldnt normally have. For some people cutting out all of the old "bad" foods that got people in this situatio is the only way they can stick to their diets.

So before you start making stupid comments get off you high horse and read what people are putting.

But back to the origonal question, I dont have set days when I will have a cheat "day" or "meal" but I will have a day where i might have an extra beer with my tea after a stressful day at work or a nice sugary treat after a night shift. I try to log everything I do and still try and stay within my limits, but hey sod it if I go over for the day, Ive got the rest of the week/life to make up for one day!!

I don't have a horse but you could share yours.

I read a few after posting which you would have noticed the edit but probably couldn't up on your horse. We all make dumb decisions, doesn't make the person dumb. Sorry, having a cheat day is dumb. I can go out for a meal or order takeaway, I STILL don't go over my calories!

What is dumb....is calling a meal out, a cheat day. It's a negative word in a positive journey and can set some people up for failure.

Will see if I can get off my horse but I like riding.
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member

This makes me sad.

Feel better?

Cutting a cake and then licking the knife, then claiming to not be into sweets doesn't ring true to me, but lets say it is true: Just because someone believes themselves to be happy or fine doesn't mean I can't still find their situation sad. I'm sad for you that my finding someone else's habits sad upsets you so. :sad:

^^^ You're condescending still and judgmental.
  • Chuki5
    Chuki5 Posts: 73 Member
    no "Cheaties" for me........I log the good the bad and the over indulgent
  • Rebel_Ray
    Rebel_Ray Posts: 3
    I just ate a box of Keebler cookies, a huge sandwich, and a mini-pizza. I only have one cheat day a week, and the rest of the time I eat really clean, mostly fruits, veggies, and nuts. I'm losing weight, and I can still eat like crazy once a week.
  • lynmat07
    lynmat07 Posts: 4 Member
    Last weekend. I had hotdogs pizza and chicken wings. So bad. Felt so bad about it. I got back on track right away. Feel so much better when I eat right. I record everything I eat. Bad and good.
  • chaznap
    chaznap Posts: 20
    depends on how many women im with
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    I usually go 1000 over goal
  • ZenBJR
    ZenBJR Posts: 13
    I have pretty epic cheat days, 5,000 calories easily if not more. However, these happen once every 3 months, not weekly.

Most of that is relatively healthy foods, however. I am fortunate enough that I don't get regular sweets cravings. I get them maybe once a month, and usually ignore it for a hour and it goes away. It's not a "sweets is evil" thing, just even when I was super obese and not working out at all, I usually ate "mostly" clean foods rather than pig out on junk. I just had too much fatty sauces with my clean foods lol.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    I have cheat days all of the time. I just make sure they fall on a day when I train and burn a lot of cals so I can still stay within my macros
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

This makes me sad.

Feel better?

^^^ You're condescending still and judgmental.

Well...yeah.
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    I try to only have a cheat meal.

However, today was a real cheat DAY!

Had a baby last night so celebrated today with Chinese, fried chicken & fries, and cake & ice cream!!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I just have a 1 or 2 cheat meals and maybe a treat, but never an entire cheat day.

I eat slightly under maintenance most of the week so when I go over my calories, it usually balances out and I don't gain weight unless it's temporary water weight from the extra soduim. This setup works very well for me and I am never deprived from my favorite foods.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    I will just let myself go over my calories a bit on a "cheat day." Typically, I will only SPLURGE on one meal that day. Such as, instead of only enjoying 1 piece of pizza and a salad for dinner-- I will have 2 or 3 pieces on my "cheat day." That way, I'm still kind of keeping myself in check.

If you make your own pizza, you can have half a 12" with a side of veg and be around 600 cals, that might even be 5 slices. I have this once a week without cheating.
  • JessicaPasieka
    JessicaPasieka Posts: 149 Member
    I wouldn't necessarily call it a cheat day because I hate that word. But every Saturday, my boyfriend and I make a point of going out for dinner and I don't care how much I eat or the quality of food. I don't log it and I don't care. I just enjoy it and get back on track the next day. Sometimes it's a 3000 calorie meal. And I enjoy every last bite.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    I haven't read a single reply but why does anybody need a cheat day? It's really dumb because if you are heating healthy and not depriving yourself, you shouldn't need one!

Well before you blurt out such rediculas coments maybe you should read the replys. What alot of people are saying but you wouldnt know this, is that they have meals/days where they have something which is not paritcullary good or healthy to which they wouldnt normally have. For some people cutting out all of the old "bad" foods that got people in this situatio is the only way they can stick to their diets.

So before you start making stupid comments get off you high horse and read what people are putting.

But back to the origonal question, I dont have set days when I will have a cheat "day" or "meal" but I will have a day where i might have an extra beer with my tea after a stressful day at work or a nice sugary treat after a night shift. I try to log everything I do and still try and stay within my limits, but hey sod it if I go over for the day, Ive got the rest of the week/life to make up for one day!!

I don't have a horse but you could share yours.

I read a few after posting which you would have noticed the edit but probably couldn't up on your horse. We all make dumb decisions, doesn't make the person dumb. Sorry, having a cheat day is dumb. I can go out for a meal or order takeaway, I STILL don't go over my calories!

What is dumb....is calling a meal out, a cheat day. It's a negative word in a positive journey and can set some people up for failure.

Will see if I can get off my horse but I like riding.

I don't think you understand the concept, and that's okay. Many people explain their definitions of "cheat day" or "treat day" throughout the thread so maybe you could take a look. You'll see that it really isn't focused on "eating out". For example, when I enjoy a meal or a day trip I may be under or over my calories, but it's a rest day from the gym and I log but I recognize I am nowhere near my macro goals.

Your post was quite obnoxious though. Even more so since you admitted to calling all the posters stupid without even reading the thread. I genuinely hope you have a better day tomorrow. :flowerforyou: