coffee and weight loss...

Options

Replies

• kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about just regular coffee, with maybe a low calorie sweetener and a bit of creamer, that will help your metabolism and decrease your appetite.

If you are talking about Starbucks specialty drinks, which are loaded with sugar and high fructose corn syrup, that will add to your belly fat. As delicious as they are, they are basically poison to your body. Stay away!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I use coffee to suppress my appetite.

Same here. Drink it all morning.....while at work. Work sucks and is stressful, which is the real culprit of cortisol levels. Not coffee
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've tried giving up coffee in the past, but gave up. I now limit myself to a cup of coffee a day with a tbsp. of creamer.
  • RideOn66
    RideOn66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I drink quite a lot of coffee and I've lost 66lbs. With 2 young kids who like to wake up early, and working as a teacher, coffee gets me through the day :smile:

I just put milk in it, but I add it in my diary.
  • RideOn66
    RideOn66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is what I do, minus the kids.
  • iwantodance
    iwantodance Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love lots of coffee. I drink it all day. Half caff. The half and half was using up about 400 calories and 1/2 of my fat allowance for the day. I've gone from using gobs of half and half to 1/2 half and half with 1/2 milk, and now to no half and half, just nonfat milk. I just started the nonfat milk today. I'm looking forward to eating more food because of the change.
  • brandiseagroves
    brandiseagroves Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS!
  • hetx2mommy
    hetx2mommy Posts: 26
    Options
    i don't think coffee has hindered my loss at all. i drink about 3 cups 2-3 x per week ( i make a huge iced coffee). i use one tbsp (serving) of fat free creamer (30 cals) plus less than 1/4 cup lactose free skim milk ((20 cals or so). So my iced coffee with creamer, milk, splenda is about 60 cals.
  • Mrskatie
    Mrskatie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've recently read that coffee first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, suppresses your metabolism!
    With that said, having a cup before your workout can help you work harder and longer.

It's more the additives we have in our coffee that make it less of a diet option. Cream, sugar, whip, fake sweeteners, syrups...etc...

Coffee in itself is actually healthy. In moderation. A cup or two a day is great, but it can dehydrate so you have to make sure to drink extra water (at least cup for cup). It`s good for you, and like everything- In Moderation!
  • Project9
    Project9 Posts: 135
    Options
    coffee w/ half and half. That's it. I buy a 32 oz circle K coffee and 4 H&H creams.
    I used to use hazelnut creamer, but I switched out of that months before I started this diet
    the gormet creemers are slammed with sugar, so I broke that habit.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot more coffee in winter self-medicating my way through the desire to hibernate. I also eat more and do less, so I always gain weight (this winter will be different!). I don't think it's the coffee or stress, I'm just solar powered.

I drink coffee nearly every day with one serving of hazelnut creamer or half and half. I continue to lose weight.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Coffee itself shouldn't matter....it's what you put IN the coffee that matters.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I drink close to a pot of black coffee per day. No ill effects here... unless I don't get my pot of coffee per day.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I tried drinking it black. Didn't like it. I tried to stop drinking it altogether. I liked that even less.

I am happy to drink coffee because I enjoy the way it makes me feel, but I also enjoy the way it tastes. And for 20 calories (half and half) it's a lot better than other drinks I could be consuming instead.
  • shequeen
    shequeen Posts: 7
    Options
    I like our style!!!!

what the heck is cortisol, and why should i care??

BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFm41R3FLVEZTUS1PdnNGRmhPZndFVXcAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This thread made me want coffee... Vanilla hazelnut in my kurig!!:drinker:
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I drink LOTS of espresso -- with sweetener or just black -- and I've never seen my weight affected by it...headaches, yes, and lethargy if I don't get enough
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I usually drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee everyday. In morning and evenings, it stops me from overeating and during the daytime, it stops me from snacking. I love coffee with a bit of milk and no sugar. Mm, yummy! ;p
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Only time you're gonna run into a lot of issues is... well

tumblr_mkx3p7kTc21r0ix14o1_500.gif