Drunk snacking?

Options

Replies

• newmanel
    newmanel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    No judgment here, as I am squarely in your same boat. I think (or at least I am telling myself) that if you are pretty virtuous through the rest of the week, it's not a big deal. But I don't know. All I know is that a huge slice of pizza is damn good at 2 am.
  • thrillho3
    thrillho3 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for these suggestions—you're the only one who didn't tell me to stop drinking.

Jeez people! What happened to the whole "support" thing? I like to get drunk sometimes! I only drink Friday & Saturday nights. Wasn't asking for your judgments. :drinker:

I think some suggestions, like prepare beforehand are good, but we all know a burger, or fish & chips on way home is just the right thing to do at the time

No way round it, go with the flow and just count it in, eat less during week & work on a weekly, not daily basis

PS make easily when drunk is a fried egg sandwich, obviously laden with calories, but at least you can calculate them in advance, or day after, try and not put butter / marge on, just two slices of bread with a fried egg between them, salt & pepper to taste, job done

Safety Warning - Remember to turn the heat off under the frying pan

Exactly what I needed to hear, thanks!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I always fancy a greasy kebab when I am drunk........Hence why I try not to drink anymore. I know I will get the munchies and then feel bad the next day : (
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    quesadillas is my snack of choice.

Three ingredients: tortillas, grated cheese and chopped spring onions.

Heat a frying pan and place one tortilla in the bottom (no oil or anything). Sprinkle on your cheese (I would pre-grate it when you're sober to save your fingers and pre-measure the quanity) and the spring onions. Place the second tortilla on top.

Allow to melt and when the bottom tortilla is toasted, flip it over to toast the other side. I've heard you can nuke these as well, but I prefer them toasted.

One quesadilla should feed two people. If it's just you, then cut the tortilla in half before toasting.

Calories depending on tortillas and brand/quantity of cheese used.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    i make and egg/bacon/muffin ...taste just like mcdonalds wayyyyy better..

although, I agree with otehrs that if you are that wasted you will not give a damn and destroy anything in site...usually for me this is what a burger and then I wake up in the morning and see the bag in the trash and hate my life...

If this is happening on a regular basis you might want to reassess how much you are drinking...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for these suggestions—you're the only one who didn't tell me to stop drinking.

Jeez people! What happened to the whole "support" thing? I like to get drunk sometimes! I only drink Friday & Saturday nights. Wasn't asking for your judgments. :drinker:

your original post did not really specify this and from reading it, it implied that drinking was hindering your weight loss, which seemed to read to many, myself included, that you were drinking in excess of four times a week ...
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My advice. dont drink. problem solved. alcohol is empty calories and bad sugars.

red flag there straight away for me.

dont get me wrong i drink but its once in a blue moon ie special occasions. maybe 4 or 5 times a year.
  • Christina8585
    Christina8585 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking . Period.
  • PrincessMissDee
    PrincessMissDee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    OK I disagree ENTIRELY with anyone saying that this will just happen because you're drunk and you need to accept it. You can change it.

I don't have a gall bladder but am very social. I find alcohol tough to process and need to eat to make sure I don't wake up spewing. I USED to have crisps, chinese, a burger, regular late night carby fatty foods. Then I realised what I was doing. You have to KNOW what you're doing to stop it. I decided to start stocking my fridge with filling but non carby options.

I now eat one of the following when I get home:
    - Chopped up tomatoes, cucumber and cheese
    - Ready cooked chicken slices
    - Indian takeway option of mixed vegetable curry.

Any one of those will help. Try the cooked meat pieces. You suddenly realise how easy it is once you start.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I agree with PrincessMiss. You can totally change the way you think and behave, even when drunk.

I go out every Wednesday to shoot pool, and drink... some nights more heavily than others :drinker: These used to be my frozen pizza nights when I got home, now I have a greek yogurt smoothie ready and in the freezer when I get home. If I am really craving salty then I will do the smartfood popcorn, yes I know the popcorn is still not great for you, but it sure as hell beats the frozen pizza... Add an excedrine just before climbing in bed, and I don't feel the guilt the next day like I used to!

You really need to find the thing that works for you. If you know that you cannot stop the big greasy burger cravings, then instead of stopping at a fast food joint, have it already made at home so you just have to nuke it... Even though it will be high in calories/carbs, at least you know it is slightly better for you than the fast food.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Right there with you... I snack with alcohol. Parties... you're munching down at the end of the night or my husband has a great habit of dragging me to Taco Bell! The last few times, I have been able to resist and I fall into bed the minute I get home. I don't stay up to watch him eat it. Funny thing is I fall asleep immediately and don't consume a thing. Try going to bed and ignoring the immediate craving. Once you lay down, you will not be getting back up! =)
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I like to get drunk sometimes! I only drink Friday & Saturday nights. Wasn't asking for your judgments. :drinker:

If you're only drunk 'sometimes' but good the rest of the time when you are sober, then it shouldn't be an issue.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    How often must you get drunk for this to become a problem?!?!?
    :laugh:

popcorn
  • manofpies
    manofpies Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Chunky peanut butter on thick white toast, easy to count, easy to make, sort you right out...
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    How often must you get drunk for this to become a problem?!?!?
    :laugh:

popcorn

haha. too true :-)
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I normally don't make it to the eating phase, I pass out before then.

Light- weight!!

;-)

Just imagine Ronnie Coleman yelling "LIGHTWEIGHT!" at you as you reach for the burrito. If that doesn't strike fear down to your very soul, I don't know what will.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    seriously tho, for a drunk snack you can't beat cheesey chips or poutine :love: :drinker:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Just live, drink, eat and enjoy ... Really, just do it.

We are put in this place for a minuscule time and we ain't meant to be obsessing over macros and ****e as we are making our way to sure death.

That is absolute, no afterlife, total death by the way.

You will die.

Everyone you care about will die.

So enjoy those snacks, whatever you choose. :)

If you choose to worry about 'empty calories' and 'I just drink water, I don't need alcohol to have a good time' then that's up to you.

Make sense? No? Good. :)
  • Sergette1
    Sergette1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try soup, it will fix your stomach and you'll be full and ready to sleep.