Healthy Breakfast Ideas?

Hey,
So I hardly EVER eat breakfast because most of the time I just don't want anything; however, I went to a weight loss seminar last night and the girl was saying that it's very bad to skip meals... What are some light breakfast ideas?

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Yoghurt with fruit/nuts
    Weetabix/special k with semi skimmed milk
    Eggs.... Scrambled, poached, omelettes etc
    Peanut butter on wholemeal bread
    I love porridge.....!!! Try it with peanut butter.... Yummy!!
  • Christina8585
    Christina8585 Posts: 73 Member
    Egg whites with spinach and salsa or a piece of whole wheat toast.
    Oatmeal with cinnamon and fresh fruit.
    Breakfast shake. :smile:
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Oats and eggs. Sorted.

EDIT - WHOLE EGGS!! Not just egg whites. Not eating the yolks is silly. (unless of course you generally dislike it)
  • imfittted
    imfittted Posts: 73 Member
    I am obsessed with Special K Flat bread sandwiches. They are 200 calories and usually plenty to keep me satisfied until lunch. They have one with ham egg and pepperjack cheese. Yum!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Biggest reason that it's bad to skip breakfast is that for most people it leads to morning snacking and lunchtime binging.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Breakfast smoothie
    PB&J sandwich on wheat flat buns
    Oatmeal (I add fruit)
    Fruit and a piece of cheese
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Might sound gross, but really, this shake is delicious and filling:

1 cup almond/soy beverage of your choice
    1/3 cup of oatmeal
    1 banana
    1 table spoon of peanut butter
    1 tea spoon of cinnamon - personnally, I add about 1.5 because i love cinnamon

Blend all together until smooth. Excellent all around and quick to prepare.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    I usually have the danon double protein yogurt with a 1/2 oz slivered unsalted almonds , either with toast or a couple scrambled eggs :)
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    1 serving 0% fage Greek yougurt, 3/4 cup chocolate fiber 1 cereal and one cup of fresh blueberries or strawberries and mix it all together...
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    I used to not eat breakfast as well. I started with some fresh fruit, I'd chop it into a baggie the night before and take and hour or so slowly eating it in the morning while sipping on a coffee. My appetite has changed now, I eat about twice as much fruit, a yogurt and sometimes more for my breakfasts. I love the fact I'm rarely nauseous anymore and I really have gotten to a point I enjoy the fruit.
  • teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    I have trouble not skipping meals sometimes and was told that when I do eat breakfast, I should try to fit in a solid amount of food. Nothing overwhelming, but try to get in a couple of different types of food. I was told to get some dairy, like greek yogurt, some fruit or veggies, some protein, like eggs. If you can make yourself an egg with bell pepper in it with a small yogurt and an apple, you should be good and not too full!
  • flobag83
    flobag83 Posts: 23 Member
    I usually cut up a pineapple and a container of strawberries, and I divide it into 3 tupperware containers so that I have breakfast ready for me for the next 3 days. And then I have a handful of raw almonds, it's filling!

I usually take my time eating it at my desk in the morning so I'm snacking and enjoying breakfast for a solid 2-3 hours while I work :wink:
  • GaJavaGirl
    GaJavaGirl Posts: 25
    My nephew has a hard time eating breakfast because it makes him feel sick. But, he started drinking smoothies with protein and it's helped quite a bit. Maybe play around with different smoothies/protein shakes to see what is best for you.
  • lbuseth
    lbuseth Posts: 41
    Egg whites and Oats with some green veggies or Greek yogurt and berries!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    I agree with yogurt & add ins. I got this big container of vanilla greek yogurt at costco for only $5 and a bag of frozen fruit and then I add this chia seed/buckwheat/hemp cereal on top for crunch. I have not been a big fan of yogurt in the past but guess I needed the right combo. I think the greek keeps me fuller than the little cups of regular yogurt as well.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Just made a batch of blueberry muffins (blueberries on sale now) and used white whole wheat flour and ground salba (white chia). 4 were gone before I woke up this morning. Should I tell the kids they are healthy?? The chia really gives them staying power and keeps me full to lunch.
  • nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    I love egg white oatmeal. I eat it every day for breakfast & it keeps me pretty full :smile:
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    I agree with yogurt & add ins. I got this big container of vanilla greek yogurt at costco for only $5 and a bag of frozen fruit and then I add this chia seed/buckwheat/hemp cereal on top for crunch. I have not been a big fan of yogurt in the past but guess I needed the right combo. I think the greek keeps me fuller than the little cups of regular yogurt as well.

Throw some chocolate fiber one cereal in there! You will love me for it!
  • rasras3008
    rasras3008 Posts: 3 Member
    I agree with Djshari's.
    I usually have Greek Yogurt (Fage plain 0% fat) with Qia cereal (1 teaspoon), a few blueberries and a package of truvia or a protein shake.
  • sarm1977
    sarm1977 Posts: 9
    Eating breakfast everyday really kickstarted my weight loss.

Quick and easy:
    Hardboil 5 eggs Sunday night. Then they're ready each and every morning. 70-100 calories depending on size. Just shell them and enjoy!
    A dry english muffin takes a bit more time, but most brands are 110-120 calories.

Once you start eating breakfast, be prepared to want a mid-morning snack. I like an apple or orange. I find that kicking off my metabolism with a breakfast everyday makes me want a snack. That's where the 4-5 meals a day logic comes in.