sugar alotment gone at breakfast

Options
This is day 2 of my MFP journey. This morning so far, I have had the following:

1 cup cinnamon chex with 1/4 cup almond milk
1 cup strawberrys
1 cup coffee with 1 tablespoon and 1/2 of the girl scout cookie coffee creamer

With this I'm already over my sugar allotment for the day. Is it the strawberrys?

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    It's fine. You need not give a *kitten* about tracking your sugar intake unless you have a medical reason to do so.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    It was probably the strawberries, but as tricksee says, unless you've got a serious medical issue, I wouldn't concern myself overmuch with it. Just make sure your Carbs/Proteins/Fats are in line and don't overindulge on the sodium, and you should be okay.....
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Go to settings and turn off tracking for sugar...done!
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I try to watch the sugars as well, and usually exempt the fruit sugars but still try to keep it in check. You'll discover that you will need to experiment with different foods to meet macros. I've discovered that breakfast can blow the whole day if you aren't careful! You can do this! Me and hubby have lost almost 250 pounds between us using MFP!! I'm not the best commenter but get some friends and you'll discover that you spend more time here than facebook!!! Seriously! Also, check out success stories!! They are very inspiring!!
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Go to settings and turn off tracking for sugar...done!

^^this
  • TreEe5
    TreEe5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about it either. If you eat a lot of fruits, you'll always be over on your sugar, but it's the natural kind so don't be concerned. If you're having candy and crap, that would be a different story.
  • Librariangetsfit
    Librariangetsfit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would switch sugar out for fiber. Always a good idea to make sure you are getting enough fiber. :)
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I usually eat up my sugar alotment very quickly, as well. I am borderline diabetic so this does concern me. However, I figure I'm doing MUCH better than I was 6 weeks ago before joining MyFitnessPal!!!
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It's fine. You need not give a *kitten* about tracking your sugar intake unless you have a medical reason to do so.

^^ This
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    This is day 2 of my MFP journey. This morning so far, I have had the following:

1 cup cinnamon chex with 1/4 cup almond milk
    1 cup strawberrys
    1 cup coffee with 1 tablespoon and 1/2 of the girl scout cookie coffee creamer

With this I'm already over my sugar allotment for the day. Is it the strawberrys?

The chex has 7 grams of sugar, the strawberries have 8. What is your sugar allotment for the day? Do you have medical reasons to restrict sugar?
  • BeTheFire
    BeTheFire Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    In my experience, cereals have a ton of sugar. Read the panel on your cinnamon chex.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I can't view your diary so...I really don't know.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yeah, YOU can see your dairy - only you can tell where all the sugar's coming from. m That creamer probably has quite a bit too.
  • slyall08
    slyall08 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How do I make my diary public?
  • slyall08
    slyall08 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I figured it out. My diary is now open!
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    It happens to me every single day. Not a single day has gone by that I have been under sugar, because milk contains 12g. of sugar in a cup, as does yogurt, and I have both of these in a day, plus a fruit. go figure!
    As long as it's not unnatural sugars, like in cookies, cakes, etc. I wouldn't worry about it.At least, I don't. :)
  • cseckinger1
    Options
    Take the creamer out of your diet! It's not healthy anyway. Everything else sounds great.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Your cereal and creamer have more sugar than the strawberries. I wouldn't worry about sugar though unless you have a medical reason. Focus on calories, carbs, protein, and fat.
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Did you know that the dry creamer is HIGHLY flammable?

Saw a guy light it on fire during a "Magic Show" once. He showed the kids scientific things that are "magic".
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    That creamer is all sugar. Try some alternatives which are more nutrient-dense. You could even do vanilla flavored almond milk. The Almond Breeze vanilla is too sweet for me, but it might be good in coffee. I personally like Silk vanilla almond milk.