Friends trying to stay in the 1200-1500cal range

Options
1235»

Replies

• kimcparsons
    Options
    I try to stay at 1200 but most days find I am under. Feel free to add me. I started a weight loss challenge this week for the next 12 weeks. And am having surgery next week and again 2 weeks later so I am going to be focusing on diet alone and not able to exercise. Support will be needed lol. But I am more than willing to share meal ideas and menus as well.
  • cbuggy75
    cbuggy75 Posts: 23
    Options
    my goal calories for each day are 1,200 but today i used 1,502.. but to be honest its still good for me cause i am used to eating 2,500 to 3,000..i am a big woman , i am ashamed of myself ..

This broke my heart reading this! Don't be ashamed of yourself! You are here and you are trying! I can tell you this....eat what MFP tells you to. Set your settings to lose 1lb a week. Why would ANYONE every eat 1200 calories a day IF YOU CAN HAVE MORE?????
  • crazorbaq
    crazorbaq Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This is my goal range to be exact---when I exercise that is! On days without, 1200. Trying to get a leg up on this weight loss thing and really hold accountable. The last time I tracked calories it worked well, but was such a pain to log in a notebook, etc. I really love the electronic form of this! Feel free to add me, I have just begun my journey and have a way to go. Thanks!:happy:
  • crazorbaq
    Options
    Do not be ashamed. It is what it is and you are here to make changes. We all have our moments, days and weeks of "yuck". Just don't let that control what you are doing to accomplish your goals. Keep your chin up and stay positive about the changes you are making even if they seem little. Hang in there!
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Any of you can feel free to add me. I've been slacking to be honest on my logging and it will help me stay on track :)
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I do :) feel free to add
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    add me - i am in that range and my diary is open. feel free to ask any questions. :)
  • depresseddancer
    depresseddancer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes please, can I join your friends list? I've not told anyone in real life I'm on MFP because I feel so ashamed my weight is so out of control. I'm on 1280 and trying to exercise 3 times a week. I have about half a stone to lose (7lb), but I'd be happier if I took off just a bit more, and toned up.
  • crazorbaq
    Options
    Water, drink it, a lot of it!! As long as you are drinking a lot of water, Jillian Michaels recommends psyllium husk supplement to help keep you feeing full, (along with the other benefits as well)!
  • Redgal56
    Redgal56 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I am on the 1200 a day and find it hard sometimes.
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    My goal is now at 1480 and I occasionally eat back all of my exercise calories. I normally eat a few, but not that many. Feel free to add me as a friend if you eat/exercise similarly!
  • sarahmaryjane
    sarahmaryjane Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Same here! I'm anywhere from 1000 - 1400 and eat back about half of my exercise calories. Always looking for new friends! :)
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    For all the newbies I would suggest reading this post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12. It explains a lot about your calories needed and how to calculate them a little better. I'm suprised many people haven't jumped on this yet as the 1200 calorie goal tends to be a constant source of disagreement on MFP.

Full disclosure: I am not consistent in logging and usually only make it mid-day so my diary is open but not always accurate. I am working on this. My goal is 1760 calories and I DO NOT eat back my exercise calories. This is calculated with me doing the P90X lean program which I started again on 7/18/13. I know lack of exercise and my love of alcohol are what has slowed me down but when I made the change from 1200 to 1760.... I did not gain weight! I find I am fuller and happier and have been going on the increased calorie goal for a couple months now. Although I did recently do 2 3-day juice fasts this past month just to experiment.

Good luck everyone!
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I stay around the 1250-1400 mark everyday. My diary is open to friends. Fell free to add me!
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello

I try to stay within 1200-1400 calories a day. I eat mostly clean all week and usually designate Saturday as kind of a cheat day..that just seems to work best for me. My diary is open to my friends if you want to add me :smile: