Trying to loose 40 lbs in 6 weeks for my Wedding

Options
Hello Wonderful Pals:
I will be getting married on Aug 24th and I would love to loose 30-40 lbs. Is it possible? I am going to be more strict and on point with logging in and exercising...which I have for the past week (with one day rest). Any ideas? Tips? I would love to hear from all of you and those who have been able to! Thanks

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    uuummmmmm....no!!!! Maybe 10 pds.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    30-40 in 6 weeks...don't mean to burst your bubble but I highly doubt you can achieve that. 15lbs tops...good luck!
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You should aim to lose 2lbs a week at most for healthy weight loss, that would equal 12 lbs. I don't see 30-40 as possible. Sorry.
  • kelseymaccombs
    kelseymaccombs Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The most honest advice I can give you is that it's unrealistic to lose that much weight in that short of a period in a healthy way. The general rule of thumb is that 2lb/week is safe and maintainable. IF you have a lot of weight to lose (50+ pounds) you may be able to lose a bit more than that weekly.

I think you're looking at being able to lose max of 15-20 lbs total before your wedding, but probably around 10-12. I'd recommend using the TDEE-20% method and exercising daily. Circuit training for 6 weeks will make a huge difference on your body, but not as much on the scale (more muscle gained).

Eat a lot of protein and make sure you're eating ENOUGH calories. No time to let your metabolism slow down.

Oh, and congratulations!!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I believe you could safely lose about 10-15 pounds depending on your starting weight. The closer you are to goal-the slower it comes off.
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding.

Look, if you really put your mind and body to it you could probably lose 20lbs.. which is still great, that'll drop you maybe a size and a half
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    How to you intend to get a 3500 calorie a day deficit? You're saying you'll lose a pound a day. That isn't healthy or possible.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    No.
  • erikasmith2013
    Options
    Thanks... I'll just go for whatever I can up until that day and keep it going!!!! :)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    People generally have good results losing inches (so...looking better) with the 30 Day Shred video. Maybe start doing that every day.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hello Wonderful Pals:
    I will be getting married on Aug 24th and I would love to loose 30-40 lbs. Is it possible? I am going to be more strict and on point with logging in and exercising...which I have for the past week (with one day rest). Any ideas? Tips? I would love to hear from all of you and those who have been able to! Thanks

That is 45 days away; so in a word, the answer is NO.

You can lose maybe 10 -12 pounds (2 pounds a week x 6 weeks) in that time.

You can lose inches and look better if you workout (ie do the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels) and really bust a move.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! Enjoy the next few weeks leading up to it and be smart about the weight loss issue after all you don't want to be sick on your wedding day and/or your honeymoon.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Not gonna happen. 2 lbs a week is the most I would expect if you're going about this safely. But sometimes even a little bit of weight lost can make a big difference for aesthetics.
  • JenWalston
    Options
    Thanks... I'll just go for whatever I can up until that day and keep it going!!!! :)

That sounds like a great plan...it's all about the rest of your life...
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Good luck---Adkins is going to be your best shot. That and heavy walking and exercise.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    No no no. And don't go trying any fad crash diet thingys to expedite the process, Because you'll just be sick, sluggish, angry, and probably have no energy for your big day. Nothing like getting married and being sick and light headed.

Lose the weight the right way.

And I agree with I_will_end_you...30 day shred is a great video. Along with a healthy, balanced diet, you will see results by the time your wedding takes place.

Good luck and congratulations!!
  • manique45
    manique45 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hello Wonderful Pals:

Congrats on your wedding, but really thats a lot of weight... I started in January with less cheat days or than I have fingers... I am a die hard dedicated with nutrition and exercise... not saying I have all the answers by no means, I am consistantly seeking out new workouts, better nutrition etc...

Any ways I started logging everything Jan 14th 2013, Last week I weighed in lost 20 lbs... SW 181 CW: 161...

My initial goal was to lose 40 in 6 months....

I'm sure you eating better and making an effort will make you feel great on your day any how!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    No. Exercise - especially lifting, and you'll look great though.

You're getting MARRIED! It isn't a fashion show. Enjoy the day.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    The only way would be liposuction
  • heberlonghurst
    Options
    My cardiologist once told me that the problem with losing more than 2 lbs per week was that when you lose weight at a rate above that rate you begin to lose some important muscle mass, which could even weaken your heart and lead to serious problems later. I think that 40lbs in 20 weeks is fine or 12lbs in 6 weeks. But I would NOT recommend 40lbs in 6 weeks.

At one point I was losing between 3-4lbs per week and my cardiologist was really quite concerned!!
  • MrsCamp2013
    MrsCamp2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt recommend it! You'd have a nightmare at alterations, you're dress will be entirely too large! Maybe work hard for a couple of weeks, but once you have your last fitting, you absolutely need to maintain!