Over 50 Ladies?

Options

Replies

• magzeen
    magzeen Posts: 3
    Options
    Yup. That's me. The 51 year old metabolism makes it more challenging to get in shape much less lose weight. But you know what? I feel better now that when I was younger! I know myself better and I don't worry about the things I did when I was younger. I'm more sure of myself but I also know what aspects of me I still need to work on.
  • YvonneCT
    YvonneCT Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I get you. I'm 60 and would love to be your MFP .
  • jsalzman2
    jsalzman2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! I cannot imagine working 3 jobs. I am ove 50 this year by 10 years but I remember working long hours and those 12 hour days. Also, menopause is defintely in the way of losing weight. I was on Weight Watchers with my mother for over a year and lost 22 pounds but until I changed my attitude and began to chart my food in this web sight I had no idea how much sodium and sugar I was consuming without ever eating my favorite food..................................chocolate. I know its sad but that is my first love almost equal to my husband and children. Perhaps I should call it an addiction.

I hope you have at least one day a week to do what you want........................and I hope you see results from your effort to encourage you to hang in there. Many times it is not instant gratification. My husband reminds me daily to be mindful and work your plan.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Geez...we need a club of our own!

I'm 60 and refuse to give up the fight.
    Feel free to add me!
  • padisneyfour
    padisneyfour Posts: 220
    Options
    Hi! I just turned 50 on the 7th and making progress to more healthier and active me! LOVING it!Always looking for new friends and motivations! Just back from a mini beach getaway and had a blast! feel free to add me!
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    *raising hand*. 55 here, feel free to add me. Eating healthy foods is a priority for me. Walking with my dog is my primary exercise. :flowerforyou:
  • jennylynnclark
    Options
    I am 52, I have tried many diets and none offer a permanent solution. This is the first time I have tried the food diary/tracking. I like it and have been very successful so far. I am very strict about tracking every morsel that goes in my mouth. And eat anything I want after asking myself "is this worth all the calories it is taking off my daily allowance. I have only been doing this for a couple of months and have not gone over my calories even once, even with eating out. I am feeling happier about this being a lifestyle rather than another diet. Still a LONG way to go but in spite of the menopause and crappy knees I feel positive about the direction I am heading.
  • Montrose11
    Montrose11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 54 and post menopausal. I think that's the first time I ever wrote that. Yikes. Any of you lovely ladies are free to add me. :wink:
  • Project9
    Project9 Posts: 135
    Options
    57 guy, not a woman. I fit half the criteria so half of you put in friend requests.
  • RJ459
    RJ459 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Would like to be friends on here. I have almost exact same issues. Age 57, 3 jobs and no time for exercise. i keep trying. Lost 37 lbs since feb gained back 2 and am on my way back down again. Starting to fall off the wagon need fresh ideas and input. Maybe we could help each other. Good luck on your journey
  • coffee4me57
    coffee4me57 Posts: 195
    Options
    Hi,
    56 years old and work full time.
    I did WW the previous year and joined MFP in April. The weight is slowly coming off, about .3 per week. I too believe it is "now or never" and I choose now! I eat at TDEE-20% and do cardio at the gym 4-5 days per week. Just signed up with a personal trainer for twice a week to work on strength training too. I want to do this weight loss the right way and preserve as much lean muscle as possible and lower the body fat. Hopefully the scale will continue the tiny step march downward.
    I love to hang out with friends, cook, and read. Feel free to add me.
  • carmenrn96
    carmenrn96 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I'm 54 and tackling the "weight monster".
  • DayAtATime
    DayAtATime Posts: 72
    Options
    I am 58 and would love to have you add me as a friend. I have been on MFP for about 2 years...sometimes I am more active than at other times. However, I am always trying to at least maintain and would love to lose another 10 lbs.
  • JoyceMccormack1958
    JoyceMccormack1958 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 54 teach high school. We live o a remote Scottish island. I've been married for over 25 years and I have two almost grown up sons. One 20 and doesn't want to become independent if he can help it th othe is 16 and has always been stubbornly independent. The first 30 lbs came off with surprising ease. Now I'm really struggling, my progress line has flat-lined. I let doing things for the family get in the way of going swimming, my preferred cardio fix. I live right next to a beach, it's summer but the air temp is about 13- 15 * C I don't know what it is in Fahrenheit but it isn't warm. Tourist wander around with jackets on. I would love to be able to swim outdoors. I have struggled most of my adult life with my weight, now I have health issues that mean I must get off my butt and do something about it. So that is a little of my life story.
  • arctvc
    arctvc Posts: 23
    Options
    Hello all I'm 50 as well, feel free to add me
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Hi, please add me. I love having new friends. I am definitely over 50, lol
  • Caribou2u
    Caribou2u Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me too !! Over 50 and need to lose about 20 lbs... just started this MFP...
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 51, post-menopausal, one job but also have a 15-year-old daughter living with me. I run and train with weights for strength and endurance (if training for a race), and hike fairly seriously, and managed to whip myself into the best shape (almost) of my life--but I've still got a way to go to be where I want to be, which is roughly 20 pounds lighter (to be at the heavier end of the range I want to be in). I'm not sure I'll ever get there, but if not, I'm pretty content with my fitness level.

Anyone can add me if they like. I was a habitual tracker, but after a bit of a vacation (real vacation), I'm getting back to it now. My diary is open.
  • Over50ToBeFit
    Over50ToBeFit Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I'm 51, coming off of Atkins to counting calories. My body just didn't like atkins. I got extreme muscle pains everywhere and couldn't do a thing. I added carbs to my diet and I can walk again. I'm going thru the change of life, and it's tough losing weight. I have 25 pounds to lose. Dieting with my daughter who has 50 more to go. She has lost 20 pounds. We just started eating better 2 days ago.
  • deedee710
    deedee710 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm making some changes too and could have written your post myself. I just turned 50 on the 10th. You can add me as a friend. I'd love to help each.

Dee