Calling all short girls

Options
232good
232good Posts: 92 Member
Hi ladies! Im just starting my journey here amd am looking for girls alike. Im 5'2 and need to lose about 20-30 pounds! I am looking for new friends to motivate each other and bounce ideas off each other. Im set at a 1200 calorie/day and workout 4x a week. Its projected ill lose 1.1 pound a week.. (which seems so slow) I would love to speed that up and all and any new friends and input are welcome!

Heres to keeping each other accountable :) Lets get it!

Replies

• RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I'm set for 1 pound weekly and get 1350 calories a day...I'm always on mfp! I've lost 18 pounds but want to lose 30/40 more....add me! We can do this!!!!:happy:
  • jilliancrea
    jilliancrea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'2" too!! I lost about 25lbs with Turbo Fire and am in my last week of Insanity right now! Next up Les Mills Combat, I'm super pumped. What types of workouts are you doing??
  • englishbulldog2013
    englishbulldog2013 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    5'5 I have lost 6 lbs I started last week feel free add me I new on here
    : :wink:
  • xmrsdurhamx
    xmrsdurhamx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 as well ha! My goal was set at 1200 calories a day, but I changed it to 1000. That's about how much I was eating the last time I lost weight. Just need to eat healthy! I have about 25 lbs to go before my first goal weight and 45 lbs to my final goal weight :) Add me if ya like and good luck!!!!
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    5'1" here :)
  • kmstieg
    kmstieg Posts: 58
    Options
    Hello, welcome to MFP...Please feel free to add me, would love more motivation!! I am fun size at 4'11". I started my journey a little over a year ago and to date I am down 40#....1.1 pound a week seems slow, but every pound counts, I don't even really worry about my weight anymore, but more focused on the healthy food choices and the exercise....In other words, a more healthy life style...Take it one day at a time, you got this!!! There is some great discussion boards on here, with a lot of good advice, you will love it :)
  • BeThatMiracle
    BeThatMiracle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and new to the site! I'd love join! Add me :)
  • Tatiana269
    Tatiana269 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'0 and I've lost 11lbs so far. My goal is to lose another 49lbs for a total of 60lbs! Im set at 1200 cal/day and I work out 6xs a week, sometimes twice a day. I feel great so far, and I love my new found energy. Can't wait to continue on my journey. :bigsmile:
  • samanthaklittle
    Options
    hi im sam im short also 5'3" mines slow to i started this then lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks then got un motivated and havent done anything
    in couple months gained my wieght back tryin to start again
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Joanne. I am 5'2" and have lost 17 pounds. I am now at my goal weight, but am continuing to tone. I eat a higher protein, lower carb diet with an open diary. To me this is not a diet, it is a way of life. I enjoy food and have found a great way to still enjoy it and be fit!
  • 232good
    232good Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yay thanks girls I love this motivation and encouragement. I usually run 2 or 3 times a week about 3 miles and then zumba twice a week. I would decrease my calories but amafraid with working out it wouldnt be enough! Im not so good about paying attention to the sugar in foods.. just calories, but am doing better. I love hearing the success stories, I know we can motivate each other ansd get where we want to be. Its easier with people that are kinda fighting the same battle, being short we most likely have about the same types of goal weights. :D what type of other workouts are you guys doing?
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2! I've once lost 80 pounds, but I've gained it back. I'm now aiming for a first step of 20 pounds, then 40, then ultimately 60. 175 to 115. EEK!
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm not short (5'6"), but I have 50 pounds to lose. Running is the best possible way to lose weight (even my doctor said so). I've been on here since March and lost 36 pounds, mostly from jogging and eating right. Eating CLEAN (organic, all natural, no GMOs) will be the best thing you can do to help expidite your weight loss. Combine cardio and clean eating and you'll lose more than 1 pound a week. You can do it! It gets easier with time. Don't think of it as a diet (cause diets stink. No one wants to diet). Think of it as being healthy, increasing your life span, strength, body, and mind. Good luck. Add me if you want.
  • kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi! 5'0" here! Feel free to add me! Every pound counts, as long as you stay within your calories and exercise...you may lose more than 1.1 lb a week. first week I lost 5 and then 2-3 and then half a pound...total of 18 pounds so far and I started a month ago. I agree it's a life style not a diet. Good luck! My diary is open and I'm always on here!
  • ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    5'4" on a good day! :wink: i agree with the above poster - i'd be willing to bet it will come off quickly if you're doing everything right. good luck to all :smile:

Edit: feel free to add! always up for new friends, advice, and encouragement!
  • monbeaucher
    monbeaucher Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hiii!! :) 4'10ish here, looking to lose 35-45 lbs! I'm set at 1200 calories as well and my diary is always open, and I'm here to help motivate :)
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I am 5'2 1/2 and need to lose at least 60 pounds. I have started my exercise and healthy eating routine again and have lost 8.2 pounds so far.
  • mittencat77
    mittencat77 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 4'11 with very little to lose (no more than 5-10 max) but I am focused on stripping some fat and building muscle. I need a reconfiguration.

I am on here a lot and looking to give and receive support.

It is definitely harder for those of us who are short. Every pound looks like a great deal more and exercise burns far less. A big challenge! We ought to support each other and show that tiny is tough!
  • femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10" and have stripped down 168 pounds of wiggle to 128 of muscle and a BIT of jiggle. I'm hoping to make my goal of 120 (UGW: 115 but whatever), but I'll be satisfied with looking lean and mean. I lift, run, swim, do zumba, do pilates/blogilates, and do HIIT training. Feel free to add me as I'm on ALL the time. :flowerforyou:
  • hespurrfect4me
    hespurrfect4me Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi!
    im 23, a wife and a mommy. Im 5"1 and im at 140 lbs right now, ive lost 37lbs so far, my starting weight was 177.
    feel free to add me =]