What do you think of this swimsuit?

Options
13»

Replies

• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I don't like it. The black one was okay, but still just "meh." I guess if you're going to be lounging poolside it's cool, but it doesn't look very functional. I couldn't figure out why people were balking at the price tag, but I imagine a lot of people buy suits from Old Navy, Target or the clearance rack, since they're seasonal. I don't have that luxury as my bra size is 36FF and I have to buy higher end suits to accommodate my bbs. Bought a tankini last month and the top was $60, bottoms were $40. I have no problem with spending $100 or more on a suit that fits my body and doesn't curse me with exposed bbs or asscrack as I play with my 3 year old in the pool. If you like what you see in the mirror when you get it, don't worry about anything else.
  • JHarr454
    JHarr454 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    meh. Too expensive. Buy two or three somewhere else :wink:
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    I dig crochet and I think this is a cute suit, especially the back, but I like it better in black.

And speaking of black... I am eyeballing that plunge-neck black one-piece in the "you might also like" thumbnail.
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't like it. The black one was okay, but still just "meh." I guess if you're going to be lounging poolside it's cool, but it doesn't look very functional. I couldn't figure out why people were balking at the price tag, but I imagine a lot of people buy suits from Old Navy, Target or the clearance rack, since they're seasonal. I don't have that luxury as my bra size is 36FF and I have to buy higher end suits to accommodate my bbs. Bought a tankini last month and the top was $60, bottoms were $40. I have no problem with spending $100 or more on a suit that fits my body and doesn't curse me with exposed bbs or asscrack as I play with my 3 year old in the pool. If you like what you see in the mirror when you get it, don't worry about anything else.

Completely off topic here... I don't know if your profile pic is a test of dirty minds, but if it is? I totally nailed the test! That is, if it's meant to test how dirty it is lol..
  • ChuckNourish
    Options
    You realize that the moment you get wet..... all that crocheting is going to hell.... right??

And post pictures of the crazy sunburn/tan lines!!!!!!

sunburn-funny.jpg

bad%20tan%202.jpg
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Not for that price!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the odd one out. I think it looks totally hot! I wish my wife would buy something like that rather than the granny suits she gets! :laugh:

Why don't you buy her what YOU would like to see her in? My husband buys me my bathing suits because it's what he wants to see me in (and he has good taste to boot)!
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    It's cute, but seems impractical. Especially at that price.
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options
    I guess I'm the odd one out. I think it looks totally hot! I wish my wife would buy something like that rather than the granny suits she gets! :laugh:

Why don't you buy her what YOU would like to see her in? My husband buys me my bathing suits because it's what he wants to see me in (and he has good taste to boot)!
    LMAO ... tried that! She just got mad at me for "wasting" money. And she never wore it, so I guess she was right! LOL I am envious of you ladies' husbands! I wish my wife was as anxious to please me! She's more like the "this is what I am. Take it or leave it." type.
  • Kagami_Taiga
    Kagami_Taiga Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Your tanlines are going to be quite funky. Personally I wouldn't wearing it
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Cute! But I hope you don't plan on actually swimming in it. Doesn't look like it will hold it's shape in the water. You could go from hot to hot mess pretty quick :)
  • louise62602
    Options
    I don't like it.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    crochet material and water do not mix. it looks great on a model, but i'm telling you, once you get it wet it will not be flattering. and they won't let you return it then.
  • ALKNica
    ALKNica Posts: 50
    Options
    I think it's awesome. And nowadays that's actually not that bad a price.
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    I think it would look better in black.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I think it's sexy and classy. Not your everyday monokini. However, even if I had the body for it, I wouldn't own it for several reasons.

-I don't like the color,which there are other options.
    -The material looks itchy and uncomfortable,especially if you get it wet.
    -It doesn't look like you could swim in the material,and you can't sunbathe with that pattern. So, will you be able to use it?
    -The price...yikes.

In the end,it's up to you. If you will be able to use it often enough to justify the price,keep it.