• RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post! Great attitude, OP.

<3
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Great post, and certainly need to work on this myself, as I have physical scars on my arms from when I was a teen, and still get riled up when people stare at them as I walk past. I think I almost anticipate it now, and have my angry defence mechanisms in place. Like, it is from decades ago, it is obvious they are old scars, so why be so rude and stare.
  • FoxesYesterdayHero
    Options
    Op thank you for this. I've had a really ****ty day but this has cheered me right up :)
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Awesome. It goes for people that judge what you do for a workout/exercise. It goes for the people that judge what you eat. It goes for people that judge you for your frame size (mine doesn't exist according to some people). It goes for people that judge your race, ethnicity, religion, lack of religion, what music you like, well the list is endless. It really is ok if some people drink milk and others drink soy, neither is going to kill anyone.

I don't really care what people think of me anymore. I don't even care if I think I am awesome or not. What matters is how you treat other people and if you are working on your goals. If you are kind and you are trying to make progress you are an awesome person and get a gold star.
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    Awesome. It goes for people that judge what you do for a workout/exercise. It goes for the people that judge what you eat. It goes for people that judge you for your frame size (mine doesn't exist according to some people). It goes for people that judge your race, ethnicity, religion, lack of religion, what music you like, well the list is endless. It really is ok if some people drink milk and others drink soy, neither is going to kill anyone.

I don't really care what people think of me anymore. I don't even care if I think I am awesome or not. What matters is how you treat other people and if you are working on your goals. If you are kind and you are trying to make progress you are an awesome person and get a gold star.

That's the kind of attitude I like to see. Good on you! :)
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude, I'm sending you a friend request :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of people here who are either, insecure, depressed, feeling low, feeling isolated etc etc. The list is endless.

I want to tell you people something.

Do me a favour, look at yourself in the mirror, and love what you see. Tell yourself that you are great and do not give a single **** what people may say or think about you.

I agree and disagree.

Fact is, people can be your best mirror to gettgin to know yourself. Now, people who are condesending can be ignored, but just because someone says something negative does not mean they are talking down ot you...or are spot-on right about you. That is the opportunity for you to learn and grow.

I see too many people taht anytime someone brings up an issue or makes a comment about them, they immediately call them a hater. But too much pride like that brings about a false sense of confidence and self-worth, which is just as bad as a lack of confidence and low self-worth.

The key is to find someone who will critque you, but only to help build you up, not to break you down.

So yes, let good friends and family judge you to help you grow.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    To be honest: I need to work on this issue...
  • Chlochloeaway
    Options
    To be honest: I need to work on this issue...

You'll get there :)
  • Seefylol
    Options
    Keep on keepin' on!
  • Nicolawatsonup
    Options
    <3
  • Frantotallyready
    Options
    Wish this was as easy as it was to read... but thanks anyway.
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You hit the nail right on the head! This is something that I continue to work on with some days are being better than others. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this amazing post! Have a wonderful day! :flowerforyou:
  • deeds2785
    deeds2785 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well said! :)
  • Wmpindigo
    Wmpindigo Posts: 1
    Options
    Great post!
  • Seefylol
    Options
    You hit the nail right on the head! This is something that I continue to work on with some days are being better than others. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this amazing post! Have a wonderful day! :flowerforyou:

You're very welcome :)
  • FitnessGirlD
    Options
    Loved hearing this right now!!! Well... reading this.. ;)
  • Chlochloeaway
    Options
    Bumping this for people out there with much needed motivation :)