My fiancé said ...

Options

Replies

• Katkamm77
    Katkamm77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Drop that man as fast as you can! Knowing you had bulimia and saying that to you? He's not understanding or sympathetic, he's downright nasty! If you marry him, he will only get worse. Degrading your future wife is not a sign of love. If he doesn't love you for who you are, he doesn't deserve you.

*p.s. I dropped a boyfriend once because he told me I needed to lose weight. Funny thing was, he was pudgy himself.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Going by your other topic..... I'd assume you are trolling.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My fiancé told me today that he thinks i'm fat. My family disagree and think I dont need to lose any weight.
    I've just managed to over come my eating disorder. I developed bulimia and I had malnutrition because of not eating for days/weeks.

I'm 5'2 and 114-115lbs (52-53kg). I know I have a couple of pounds to lose and i'm not far from my goal weight.

I don't know what to do. I just want to be perfect in his eyes :cry:

If that's what he said, dump his @$$. You deserve SO MUCH BETTER than someone who would say something like that after knowing about your recovery from an eating disorder. Set him out with the trash! :mad:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Depending on the size of your finace, I'd say you need to lose between 150 and 200lbs.
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but that would be a red flag for me, especially considering your eating disorder history. I'd take a step back and seriously reconsider the engagement.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    daterminedfatburnerX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    WTF your skinny!!
    You sure he wasnt joking?
    If he wasnt then hes a A$$WIPE
    keep eating its good for you :)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Your fiance sounds like an asshat. Sounds like he's more interested in a perfect china doll trophy than a healthy, happy wife. Selfish douche.
  • bugtaylor
    bugtaylor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    RUN. LITERALLY FOR YOUR LIFE.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's a complete ****. Quite possible.

Maybe this is a nightmare bride scenario...

Woman: Do you find me attractive?
    Man: Yes, I love the way you look.
    Woman: But now I'm SO FAT.
    Man: I love that you have some fat.
    Woman: OMG you think I'm FAT?? BRB, posting on MFP.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'd punch your fiance in the balls.

Totally This!

I guarantee you no doctor would tell you you're fat or need to lose weight, and if you're fiance can't see that he needs his eyes checked. Also, with your ED history, having a fiance/husband that's only going to encourage that isn't the best thing for you. You need someone who will be supportive, not help self destructive behavior.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I think MFP needs to make it mandatory that whenever somebody gripes about their family member, we should hear the other side of the story.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    How about you be perfect for you and not anyone else? Are you sure he didn't say it our of anger or during a fight? Trust me, this is about the 7th post I've seen this week with someone saying their husband/boyfriend/fiance called them fat. Just do what you want for you and not your family, not him for sure.

Just a suggestion.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Obvious troll is obvious.

If you're being serious with your topic, dump him ASAP.
  • dextersgramps
    dextersgramps Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    you need to tell your fiancé that you are at a good weight and feel good and if he doesn`t like it ``GET STUFFED``.there are plenty more men that would like you just as you are and your certainly not fat.:smile:
  • defyyourlimitations
    Options
    you are far from fat. You are at the lower range of your weight already. You should rethink your fiancee, he may not be such a bargain.

agreed.

Hope you work it out. Sorry to hear that.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    are you trolling?

I thought that too
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Did he actually call you fat? Sometimes we hear things that were never actually said.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to be perfect, you need to overcome that as well. Its not going to happen. I live with a man who has OCPD and has been striving for perfection (or his version of it) all his life. You can't imagine what its like to be obsessed with perfection for 60 years.

You really DON"T need to lose weight. Maybe work on muscle definition. Don't try to be perfect for anyone....its not possible.
  • kcatlin9
    kcatlin9 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Drop him like a bad habit
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is bull****. The thread, I mean.