Someone thought I was hot... I'm offended!!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    When did "selfie" become a word?
    Ya a selfie sounds like something you do as a teen, and hope your mom never catches you doing it.
    Yep. I've heard rumours of being blinded by selfies.

Yeah, I read it that way too. And frankly, it makes the forums much more fun! :drinker:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Also just like those who wanted to fish in some compliments to make themselves feel better, people who don't know how to accept compliments seriously need to work on their low self-confidence either. The fact is that they couldn't see themselves as hot & attractive so they think that the compliments they get are an insult in disguise. It is more on their insecurity on themselves rather than feeling offended with the compliments.

I agree with this.

If I got a compliment, I wouldn't be offended. On the (extremely rare) occasion I do get one, I'm completely shocked, and then flattered.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I find those kinds of compliments weird because I only post face shots. How would they even know if I'm not or not? Hmm...
  • ForumSamurai
    Options
    Everyone should tell me how hot I am, all the time.
    I'm no Dr. Phil, but.....
  • ForumSamurai
    Options
    I find those kinds of compliments weird because I only post face shots. How would they even know if I'm not or not? Hmm...
    Because we're dudes.

Cute face + ovaries + Internet connection = hit-on-able

We'll fill in the blanks later.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends. Women want to be admired, not hit on by creepy guys. So "Hey, amazing progress. You look really hot" is probably ok. while "Hey sexy, I like that tattoo on your *kitten*" is maybe less okay.

This.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    if any girl tells me im hot a promise i will not be offended.....in fact id probably get up kick my office chair across the room rip my shirt off and start dancing

Now that's a viral video I'd like to see! ;-) lol rawrrrrrr prrrrrrrr

haha!! agreed!!

Has the video been posted yet? I am interested in shirt ripping and bare chest dancing.
  • ForumSamurai
    Options
    Has the video been posted yet? I am interested in shirt ripping and bare chest dancing.
    I'm offended by that. ;)
  • shalleland
    shalleland Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think it's natural for people who have insecurities to be skeptical of praise - especially regarding their physical appearance. I recently received a compliment and was told by a guy that I was "eye candy". While this (at first) made me feel happy/flattered, I then moved into the perplexing and complicated emotion of skepticism... why would he say that? why would he think of me like that? what are his motives?

Ultimately, I have decided to take it at face value and be happy about it. If there are alterior motives, I don't wanna know about them... ignorance is bliss!
  • ForumSamurai
    Options
    I think it's natural for people who have insecurities to be skeptical of praise - especially regarding their physical appearance. I recently received a compliment and was told by a guy that I was "eye candy". While this (at first) made me feel happy/flattered, I then moved into the perplexing and complicated emotion of skepticism... why would he say that? why would he think of me like that? what are his motives?

Ultimately, I have decided to take it at face value and be happy about it. If there are alterior motives, I don't wanna know about them... ignorance is bliss!
    "Eye candy" is likely a compliment...

If one were to call me "*kitten* candy," however...
  • shalleland
    shalleland Posts: 7 Member
    Options

"Eye candy" is likely a compliment...

If one were to call me "*kitten* candy," however...

haha, *kitten* candy! That would be something to be skeptical of indeed!
  • ForumSamurai
    Options
    ...Not to be confused with "man candy." Though, "man *kitten* candy" is just unacceptable, period. ;)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    "Hey Molly! You are looking pretty damn smokin these days!" = :blushing:

"Hey Molly! I've never met you, but howsabout you put on a purple thing and dance around for me? *waves dolla bills* = :noway:
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    True that!! The fact is not all women are comfortable with getting compliments. They're not necessarily offended, but they're just not comfortable!! But it also depends on the context of the compliment. Obviously if you pass a compliment in a perverted manner, like telling a woman she has nice boobs or something like that, then she might be offended by that! But then again, I also agree with what someone said somewhere in this thread that women are generally more likely to graciously accept compliments from good looking guys that from ugly guys!! So it's also a matter of perspective!! Just saying!!

Yes. If Henry Cavill says to a girl "you look great", she's more likely to take that as a compliment, but if a random 400 lbs guy with unkempt hair, ketchup-stained shirt and bad breath says the exact same thing, she's gonna get creeped out.
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    flirting.gif

I've always been attracted to him. Maybe it is because I like gnomes?
    For me it's the snark. Also did you see him in GQ? Yum.
  • ForumSamurai
    Options
    I don't mind getting compliments it's nice and I usually always say thank u whether I find the person attractive or not.
    Now when the convo goes something like this I do get a bit offended
    Person:Hey u look like u have done a great job, u look hot
    Me: thank you, looks like u are doing a great job yourself
    Person: your pictures look nice but I would like to see you in something sexy, can u send me some pictures

Why would a guy think that after a response I would send a dirty pic to them. That feels a bit creepy. If u have been regularly speaking with someone and feel there is some sort of chemistry ok maybe then ask.
    Thanks for the post. So, um, nudes?? (kidding)
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I don't mind getting compliments it's nice and I usually always say thank u whether I find the person attractive or not.
    Now when the convo goes something like this I do get a bit offended
    Person:Hey u look like u have done a great job, u look hot
    Me: thank you, looks like u are doing a great job yourself
    Person: your pictures look nice but I would like to see you in something sexy, can u send me some pictures

Why would a guy think that after a response I would send a dirty pic to them. That feels a bit creepy. If u have been regularly speaking with someone and feel there is some sort of chemistry ok maybe then ask.
    Thanks for the post. So, um, nudes?? (kidding)

Rofl hold your breathe till they get there