Cals, carbs, fats. I need help :(((

Options
Guys! I am so confused. I am trying to lose weight thats why i am eating 1200 calories a day, but the prob is, i want to lower my carbs too. Between 50-100g. The problem is..... If i eat less carbs, it is more on fats. If i eat less fats, it is more on carbs. And if both carbs n fats are less, then calories would be less too. I dont knowww nowwwww. How will i be able to reach the 1200calories per day, with just 50-100g of carbs and 50g or less fats? I am a vegetarian but i do eat eggs. Help. Please.

Replies

• pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    fats and carbs are pretty much always balanced like that. To eat less carbs but keep the same calories you have to eat more fat and the reverse is true also.

You need to decide for yourself if you are going for a more carb heavy or fat heavy diet.
  • Diptiish
    Diptiish Posts: 61
    Options
    You need to decide for yourself if you are going for a more carb heavy or fat heavy diet.

Which do you think is better, dear?
  • AuntNiecey
    AuntNiecey Posts: 26
    Options
    Research "nutritional ketosis" and that may help you answer your question. It is personal and no two people are different. Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    whats your reason for wanting to be low carb? why not do 40%/30%/30% across carbs, protein and fat and balance it that way?
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

Which do you think is better, dear?

Or a balanced diet will do just fine . 40/40/20 protein, carbs , fats .
  • Diptiish
    Options
    whats your reason for wanting to be low carb? why not do 40%/30%/30% across carbs, protein and fat and balance it that way?

Becoz of my lower belly fat. I heard eating good and less carbs food can help you looosen the stubborn fat. That's why.
  • Diptiish
    Options
    Research "nutritional ketosis" and that may help you answer your question. It is personal and no two people are different. Good luck!

Thanks, will definitely see itt.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

Becoz of my lower belly fat. I heard eating good and less carbs food can help you looosen the stubborn fat. That's why.

TOTAL calories is whats important , not so much the macro nutrient ratio. As long as you eating less than your body is burning you will lose that stubborn fat . It takes time .
  • TavistockToad
    Options

lowering your bodyfat% though a calorie deficit and doing strength training will 'looosen' fat....
  • Diptiish
    Options
    Hmmmmm, how do i know my body fat %?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You don't need to do low carb or low fat. Dietary fat doesn't result in body fat, especially not if you're in a calorie deficit.

I have my macros set to 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass (100 grams) and fats set to .35 grams per pound of body weight (44 grams). The rest is carbs. It's usually 200 grams of carbs. Has not slowed down my progress, I've always lost pretty much exactly what MFP predicts.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Hmmmmm, how do i know my body fat %?

it doesnt matter what the number is - if you dont like your stomach as it is, then you just need to do the things that have been suggested until you do.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

lowering your bodyfat% though a calorie deficit and doing strength training will 'looosen' fat....

This.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Guys! I am so confused. I am trying to lose weight thats why i am eating 1200 calories a day, but the prob is, i want to lower my carbs too. Between 50-100g. The problem is..... If i eat less carbs, it is more on fats. If i eat less fats, it is more on carbs. And if both carbs n fats are less, then calories would be less too. I dont knowww nowwwww. How will i be able to reach the 1200calories per day, with just 50-100g of carbs and 50g or less fats? I am a vegetarian but i do eat eggs. Help. Please.

What ever happened to protein?

Anyway carbs are not the enemy and neither are fats. I'm at 40c-35f-25p (40-30-30 when lifting) and it doesn't seem to have hindered me any.
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options

There is no such thing as 'stubborn' fat. Total calorie intake determines fat loss all over your body, you can't spot reduce weight loss. Track and watch your total calories daily and eat 40/30/30 to start with, then see how you go.
  • Diptiish
    Options
    So, whatever it is, i should just stick to my calorie intake? I mean calorie is the most important above all, is that so?
  • benjib84
    benjib84 Posts: 125
    Options
    The math of dieting is simply eat less than you burn calories wise..... so why should carbs matter?
    Stick to your calories, eat plenty of fruit and veg and it will be impossible to not get the losses you want
  • Diptiish
    Options
    Anyway carbs are not the enemy and neither are fats. I'm at 40c-35f-25p (40-30-30 when lifting) and it doesn't seem to have hindered me any.

WhAt is 40-30-30? :/ sorry for being ignorant :(
  • Diptiish
    Options
    The math of dieting is simply eat less than you burn calories wise..... so why should carbs matter?
    Stick to your calories, eat plenty of fruit and veg and it will be impossible to not get the losses you want

Gt the answer, thanks a ton! :)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Eat fewer calories than you use, throw in some good exercise and it will go - eventually! You can't spot-reduce, and restricting any one food group (unless on medical advice) is only going to throw your body further off balance.

Just make sure any fats are "good" fats - olive oil, nuts, avocado etc. - rather than fatty meat or anything deep fried (such as KFC, doughnuts, ....mmmmmmm....doughnuts:wink: ..) as those are effectively metabolised rather than stored.:smile: