INSANITY - Support Group

Options

Replies

• 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on day 11 and must admit it's tough going! It is getting easier and I'm definitely seeing a difference in my body shape- in fact, I've been dieting and working out for over 6 months but this week I have had so many comments and compliments even though I have actually gained 3lbs!! My main issues are fitting in the workouts as they take so long to do and then recover from, and getting enough rest so as I don't feel completely wrecked all of the next day. 6 days a week is such a commitment and I'm worried I may start to lose momentum if I begin skipping any, but I am taking each day as it comes and my self confidence is booming right now!! <3<3<3 Insanity! (tho sometimes I really want to kill ShawnT!)
  • SteffieMin2013
    SteffieMin2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm currently on day 11 too! I don't always look forward to the workout but I feel awesome when it's done. I'm going to try and keep up the work when I got to job training in two weeks. Fingers crossed that I can keep up the hard work. I'm down 4 pounds so far.
  • dottee02
    dottee02 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Just found this support group ...I did Insanity before for 2 weeks and I was frustrated by how my legs got bigger instead of becoming smaller and I quit. And what a mistake to make. My friend just finished Insanity and she looks GREAT! So she told me that this is normal, your muscles are "filling" with water and this will go away during/after week 3.
    So I started again on Monday and I just finished my day 5 - Pure Cardio...it was a tough!!
    I almost quit again because of my lower back pain I had after day 3 but the streching in Cardio recovery solved that and I'm happy to be able to go on and get better :)
    I don't really have that much weight to lose - about 5 kg, but I lost a lot of weight this past year and it left me sort of "skinny fat"...my belly is a bit jiggly, so are my arms and my butt really needs a lift :) So I think that Insanity is really going to help me tone up and firm those loose parts.
    I wish you all good luck with your workout, keep going! I know I will :)
  • missaque
    missaque Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, I'm starting the first official workout today!
    I need so much motivation to stick with and it makes it difficult that I'm traveling, but we can do this!~
  • Phoenix_75
    Phoenix_75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

So glad I came across this message board, I started insanity yesterday and its a killer! Feeling tired but enjoying the workouts so far despite being in a sweaty heap at the end.

Feel free to add me.

:happy:
  • dottee02
    Options
    Hi insane people :D
    I just finished my day 8, and I feel like I'm getting better at this :) I could actually do some power jumps properly this time :) Haven't weighed myself yet 'cause I don't have a scale in my flat, but I'll be taking measurements tomorrow and I'll post it here...but I'm noticing that my muscles are getting more defined! I love it! What are your results so far?
  • jamesmalcolmparker
    Options
    Just so you know, They count "proof-of-purchase" as a picture of you with the DVD's. You are fully entitled to get the T-shirt dont worry!

And Congrats on doing Insanity. Im currently on week 3 and already lost 5lbs. Best DVD workout ever!
  • dottee02
    Options
    So...finished day 9 today, and took measurements to see if there is any progress.
    To be honest I didn't think that there would be any, after all it's only been 7 days (I'm not counting the Fit test and Sunday).
    But there is :) and I've lost 0.2 inches in each arm(biceps), 0.2 inches in each leg, 0.2 inches in each calf, 0.4 inches in waist and 0.6 inches in hips. I think that's a great start :)
    jamesmalcolm, congrats on the 5lbs! :)
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    i am doing this program but not exactly as he has it laid out i still do it in the order he has it listed i just dont do it Tuesday and Thursdays as that is my trainer days
  • llfretwell
    llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity yesterday and would love to know if there are any others who are just starting out on this too. I'd love an Insanity accountability partner!
  • mitzichastain
    mitzichastain Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just started on Monday. It's a killer.
  • tomoswilding
    tomoswilding Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I got through the first 30 days and the rest week then came down with a long dose of flu - determined to lose 2 stone or so and get back into it! (The only big issue I was having was the strain on my feet and ankles, and that's probably because of the amount of weight I was throwing around doing suicide drills and jumps!)

Give it 2-4 weeks and the aching will be less. Very cold showers/baths after training will help with any soreness, and drinking a recovery drink as Shaun T suggests on the video is also a big help (I found!) You'll feel like a beast when you finish the first month!
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Month 2 This morning. O my goodness....big difference from month 1....I can and will do this.
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just started on Monday. It's a killer.

I started on Monday too.... this is my third attempt. I'm yet to get to the end of week 2 but this time I am more determined than ever to do it!!!

I downloaded iLog60 app as you can tick off the days and make notes etc.... I'm finding a great way to stay focussed....
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm day 4 today - I'm sore, but not shockingly sore... Is it because I've been exercising a lot before I started Insanity? (last few weeks I was doing a lot of Jillian Michaels and had some muscle soreness from that...?)

I do know I'm taking it a little easy though.

Anyone feel free to add me!
  • SCouture421
    Options
    I'm on week 2 day 6!
  • llfretwell
    llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    How are ya'll feeling about the workouts? It is definitely a challenge for me, but afterwards I always feel awesome! What changes have you noticed in your body? I have actually gained a couple of pounds but I keep reading that's pretty normal because of water retention. I do need to start drinking more water, because I know I'm not getting enough. Ya'll feel free to add me!!
  • 1fitnessplanner
    1fitnessplanner Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i'm on month 2 week 2nd week- hard work, had to take 2 days off as i messed up my back jogging with the dog lol didn't want to over stretch it with insanity. feel free to add me
  • Focusedjessy
    Focusedjessy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do my fit test today during my daughter's naptime. I am a little scared but determined. This should be a good kick in the butt.
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I did the Fit Test #2 and saw a lot of improvements. Getting ready to start week 3
    and this program is tough!! Looking for support during my Insanity Journey!!