Upcoming Football Season

Options

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Saints vs Chargers!!! WHO DAT??

But realistically I think it's the Broncos this year.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I've got my money on the Texans being Super Bowl contenders, if we can get rid of Matt Schaub... or he miraculously becomes Tom Brady's equally as great twin. I'm a huge Texans fan so I cannot wait for the season to start! Super happy with our draft picks as well!

I love me some JJ Watt
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I am like, a die hard Cowboys fan, but I'm also not an idiot, so definitely not picking them to win anything this year.

If I had to pick a Super Bowl champ right now, I'd say the Denver Broncos. I mean, you can't deny the power of Peyton and now that he's got Welker? Seriously.

I'm also a big Ravens fan, but it's not the same team this year as the team that just won the SB.

ETA: As for college, I bleed burnt orange for my Texas Longhorns, whether they're any good or not. HOOK 'EM!

I just want to apologize that the fact you are a Cowboys fan. HTTR

I will say that the last game I got to go to at Cowboys Stadium was in December 2010 when we played the Skins and we WON. It doesn't happen often...that was a good day...
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    CHICAGO BEARS!!!
    Chicago-Bears-Logo2.gif

I'm a die-hard Bears fan!

Unfortunately I don't see them going to the Super Bowl this year, but of course I'll still cheer them all the way!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I am like, a die hard Cowboys fan, but I'm also not an idiot, so definitely not picking them to win anything this year.

If I had to pick a Super Bowl champ right now, I'd say the Denver Broncos. I mean, you can't deny the power of Peyton and now that he's got Welker? Seriously.

I'm also a big Ravens fan, but it's not the same team this year as the team that just won the SB.

ETA: As for college, I bleed burnt orange for my Texas Longhorns, whether they're any good or not. HOOK 'EM!

No excuse for that, right?!
  • Haltermania
    Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
    Options

I will say that the last game I got to go to at Cowboys Stadium was in December 2010 when we played the Skins and we WON. It doesn't happen often...that was a good day...

Fair enough I am sure you were pumped, but the last Redskins game I got to go to was 2012 when we beat you for the NFC East. ;)
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    They're getting Von Miller's services for chump change right now though...that team is gonna be in trouble when they have to pay him what he's worth. (so enjoy it while it lasts aside from Manning getting old).

I'm a Von fan but he has to increase his consitency before he gets the check that he thinks he deserves. One game he's unstoppable and the next it's like he's not on the field. I am optimistic he will start to step into the full leadership role for the defense, which should up his week to week intensity. He also has good help coming off the corner with the addtiion of Jammer.

The element I'm most encourgaed by is the single minded commitment by the entire organization to hoist that trophy!
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Im a steelers fan so im going to bag for them. i feel this could be our season after a couple of bad seasons.

i feel the cowboys and titans need to be kept an eye on this year though
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I know the whole country except for us New Englanders hate the Patriots with a passion but they are my team. With 2 guys going to jail and another one who may not be fully recovered(Gronk)--I think I'll go with my NFC team--Saints--who dat ~!!!

Of course Brady & co are still my # 1 but--looks like a decline is inevitable.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I think all the people picking the Broncos are forgetting what a hit that D is going to take from Elvis' leaving the building. His absence will demonstrate that he helped made a lot of issues with the secondary last year, I am not a fan, but I would look for the Texans to rise out of the AFC. The Patriots will be down given their off-season and I feel like every other top tier team in conference has taken a step back. It's possible that some middle tier team rises up, like the Bengals or Dolphins, but I don't think either of those teams has a championship calibre QB.

In the NFC, I'm long on the Seahawks. Russell Wilson is unbelievable and their defense actually got better in the off-season. Pete's coaching them up and everybody seems really focused. I expect them to come of the gate strong. The question will be whether they can remain intense over a 16 game season and carry it over into the playoffs.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    They're getting Von Miller's services for chump change right now though...that team is gonna be in trouble when they have to pay him what he's worth. (so enjoy it while it lasts aside from Manning getting old).

I'm a Von fan but he has to increase his consitency before he gets the check that he thinks he deserves. One game he's unstoppable and the next it's like he's not on the field. I am optimistic he will start to step into the full leadership role for the defense, which should up his week to week intensity. He also has good help coming off the corner with the addtiion of Jammer.

The element I'm most encourgaed by is the single minded commitment by the entire organization to hoist that trophy!

as a follower of von's for obvious reasons, it seems when he "disappears" he's making the offense change something to account for him. Like using a TE or FB to chip or running a lot of quick short passes to minimize the pass rush. Dude's just sick in games where the offense needs points/yards faster than those strategies allow.

Ensuring that the broncos keep a pass rush besides him is vital to his production. Without it, teams will just scheme around him and it will seam like it's "him" having the bad year.

Whatever the case, he's a good guy and I've enjoyed being able to follow his career (much of it in the stands in person).
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

Fair enough I am sure you were pumped, but the last Redskins game I got to go to was 2012 when we beat you for the NFC East. ;)

Lol, it's all good, I have come to terms with the fact that the Cowboys are terrible. They're like that one kid on the playground that sucks at everything, but you pick them for your kickball team anyway because they just want to play SO badly.

At least last season I had my other AFC team, the Ravens (born and raised Texas girl, but my entire dad's side of the fam lives in Baltimore), but they lost a lot of their key players so I'm not quite as hopeful for them this season.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    What's with the "black and gold = Steelers" stuff?

Steelers are black and yellow.

Saints are black and gold.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    its cute that some of you have multiple favorite teams.

take a tip from Highlander...

"There can be only 1"
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

i believe the correct color name you are looking for is Urine, not Yellow.

:tongue:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

as a follower of von's for obvious reasons, it seems when he "disappears" he's making the offense change something to account for him. Like using a TE or FB to chip or running a lot of quick short passes to minimize the pass rush. Dude's just sick in games where the offense needs points/yards faster than those strategies allow.

Ensuring that the broncos keep a pass rush besides him is vital to his production. Without it, teams will just scheme around him and it will seam like it's "him" having the bad year.

Whatever the case, he's a good guy and I've enjoyed being able to follow his career (much of it in the stands in person).

Wolfe (out of Cincinnati) was pretty good as a rookie DT. he'll be better this year. Dumervil may not be missed all that much. we'd rather have him of course, but you have to wonder about a guy who can't get to a Kinko's in time to fax back his contract.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

i believe the correct color name you are looking for is Urine, not Yellow.

:tongue:

I was trying to be a little nice, but since you mentioned it...
  • Koloss_Kelsier
    Options
    Please refer to my ticker to see who my team is! :) I work 1/2 mile from the stadium and the flyovers go over my house. I read there won't be any flyovers this year, which is very sad.:sad:

I'm more than ready for the season to start! Less than a month until Family night and then Preseason starts after that!!

That's right, girl!!!! I will be out to visit in December! Haha. GO PACK GO
  • Haltermania
    Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
    Options

Lol, it's all good, I have come to terms with the fact that the Cowboys are terrible. They're like that one kid on the playground that sucks at everything, but you pick them for your kickball team anyway because they just want to play SO badly.

At least last season I had my other AFC team, the Ravens (born and raised Texas girl, but my entire dad's side of the fam lives in Baltimore), but they lost a lot of their key players so I'm not quite as hopeful for them this season.

I have felt that same pain for quite awhile so I know exactly where you are coming from. When you get rid of Romo you may have a better chance or when Jerry Jones decides not to be everything. Finally we have turned a corner to be a way better team and a threat to come

Thats pretty neat you have family in Bmore. Yea they got rid of a whole lot of people and i dont expect them to be much of anything this year. I am glad the whole ray lewis thing is overwith
  • Koloss_Kelsier
    Options
    RODGERSBELTgifpagespeedceqQJDQwNZsT_zpsf9fc5b3c.gif

Awwwww yeah!