NO MCDONALDS

Options

Replies

• mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting a goal you set.

It's not "poison" nor really bad. A 300 calories sandwich is not excessive for a meal. And yes they use real eggs, cheese and ham, the same you would buy at a store.

It's positive for the OP to avoid if McDonald's is her vice and derails her from losing weight, but McDonald's is hardly poison.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I find it hard to believe that an egg McMuffin is 300 calories, I make the same thing at home - with out the cheese - and it is 329 calories
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting a goal you set.

It's not "poison" nor really bad. A 300 calories sandwich is not excessive for a meal. And yes they use real eggs, cheese and ham, the same you would buy at a store.

It's positive for the OP to avoid if McDonald's is her vice and derails her from losing weight, but McDonald's is hardly poison.

IDEA Fitness member

I find it hard to believe that an egg McMuffin is 300 calories, I make the same thing at home - with out the cheese - and it is 329 calories

English muffin is 130, egg is 80, cheese is 50, ham is 20, margarine is 15.That's right from their site and seems completely reasonable and in line with those ingredients as purchased elsewhere.
  • Glynncoco94
    Options
    Try subway breakfast...its SOOOOO good!!! I like flat bread with egg whites spinach tomato's bannana peppers and olive oil and vinegar! (:
  • carollynch09
    carollynch09 Posts: 111
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU! I LOVE mcdonalds (breakfasts) but haven't had any for about 3 weeks. I have however, been drinking those pomegranate/blueberry smoothies. 2 a day! Then I googled it the other day and found out that the large smoothie has about 14 teaspoons of sugar in it! UGH! Bye for now McDonalds
  • Wmy890
    Wmy890 Posts: 12
    Options
    Mc D not good for you. Stay away.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Mc D not good for you. Stay away.

Based on what?
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Poison
    Noun
    A substance that, when introduced into or absorbed by a living organism, causes death or injury, esp. one that kills by rapid action.

A little dramatic, are we?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Just cause they bought it for a kid doesn't tell me everything. Parents longevity also don't always indicate what will happen with the child. For example, my dad died at age 69. Two years after his own father who died at age 96, and four years after his mother that died at age 89.
    I'll take my chances with my families genetics. With all the photos I have from our family tree of relatives passing away well into their late 80's, I don't feel I'm in a bad position.
    The only thing I can tell you for certain is (though I don't know you) you shot all credibility with me. And you are the only person I have 'met' that deems themselves to have some type of 'credentials' or at least 'I've studied nutrition' that touts McDonalds. I personally would never touch that **** again! But good luck to you!
    That's cause I don't listen to broscience or misinformation being passed on by a lot of the fitness industry. Is it as nutritionally dense as say a "homemade" option? Probably not, but it's far from being poison. And as mentioned, it's not an everyday thing, it's an occasional thing.
    And don't worry, I don't need luck. I've got actual knowledge.:wink:
    Oh, and btw, if you ever do watch the movie Food Inc, tell it to the mother of the four year old that also got food poisoning from a McDonald's, but her child did not survive. Mmmm yum, cheap disgusting meat byproduct from factory farmed cows with E-Coli. Wow,good for my diet...just lost my appetite!
    Lol, so "organic" restaurants don't have food contamination issues?:laugh: You should try venting your anger more often since it sounds as if you're distraught over my position on this topic.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Btw, if this was a game I won a long time ago. I've never had to lose 65 lbs plus in my life. Maybe that's cause I don't eat McDonalds. :-/
    Neither have I. Can you do a 40" standing box jump? Or a 5.25 40 yard dash? Or ninja pullups? Guess you lose then. See how pointless my "win" is here?

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I actually do think there is truth to the inability to sustain 100% clean eating forever.
    It's not that some can't do it. People like myself come from cultures that celebrate family gatherings around cultural food. If someone told me that I couldn't touch Filipino food for the rest of my life because of an "idea" that it's not "clean", then I would have quit fitness a long time ago. Fortunately I didn't just accept what peers were saying and went on and studied and learned from actual research.
    I DO know from experience that when I took the philosophy of "clean" eating only for clients, it was a fight almost every week with someone. And 3 months later they gained the weight back.
    Now with more concern with calories instead of diet, clients are more willing to adhere to programs I put them on and are still getting results.

IDEA Fitness member
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Well I did it this morning!!!! didn't stop at McDonalds!!! I am so excited. One goal I need to accomplish.

How did it go this morning???? Did you pass up the evil arches?? I'm pulling for you!
  • justyce13
    justyce13 Posts: 19
    Options
    Yes I did!!! I drove right past again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd post it but it seems to start issues! dam people
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your NSVs! I go to McDonalds once in a very rare while but most of the time I'd rather save my eating out for "more interesting" food. At the McDonalds I have a bunless cheese burger off the dollar menu and a side salad with low calorie dressing. The nearest McDonalds is 25 minutes away. I can COOK in that amount of time so if I'm going to eat a burger and a salad normally I'll pull our farm raised grass fed beef and salad fixings out of the refrigerator and cook the beef on the grill. I see nothing wrong with McDonalds but here it's a "Why bother?" proposition.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Yes I did!!! I drove right past again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd post it but it seems to start issues! dam people

YAY!!!!!!!!!! WTG!!!!! Woot Woot! Sorry that people deem it appropriate to hijack your thread. I personally am glad that you have leaped this hurdle!!

What have you been eating for breakfast instead--if you want to share??
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this.

Now I want an Egg McMuffin.

Forum sabotage!

Okay. Seriously. Congratulations. Self control is a big step.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Consistency becomes habitual. Most people fail at weight loss because of lack of consistency. What's great is that habit can be transferred to other aspects in one's life. Good job.

IDEA Fitness member
  • woodstockchick
    Options
    Thats awesome :)
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options

I LOVE IT! Just keep driving just keep driving just keep driving....

I will channel your willpower when I go back to work.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    you can lose weight and lower cholesterol on a diet of Snickers bars if you want to, doesn't mean a snickers bar is healthy. You can read studies all day that show the cholesterol in your blood is not directly related to Saturated fat or dietary cholesterol.
    While it is super awesome when instead of debating a point, people resort to name calling and attacking a person on a personal level rather than actually reading up on the subject.
    As far as research goes, I've done a lot of research. For a start, go ahead and read almost any book by Michael Pollan and you will learn some things about commercial food.
    What you are doing is taking your own personal experiences and throwing it out there as proof.

I havent even said you shouldn't eat McDonald's, just that I won't because it's not conducive to my goals.

Congrats to the OP for skipping it and achieving a goal. I know I've felt better since I walked away from fast food.

And thanks for attacking me on a personal level rather than discussing a topic. Nothing but class.

:) I like you
  • snoopycool
    snoopycool Posts: 37
    Options
    Congrats on Day 2!