Just ate my first fluffernutter.

Options

Replies

• crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I think i would add a little nutella!!:love:

I think I would slip into a sugar-induced coma and die.

I am allergic to peanuts so I would DIE but with a big SMILE!!!
    You know it would be worth it. :laugh:
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and red onion. So many of these things start with peanut butter.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Avocado, tomato and cheese. Grilled.

Banana, bacon, and peanut butter. Fried in the bacon fat.

that avocado tomato and cheese sounds so good! I wish I didn't just get done eating lunch :( I had all those things lol oh well maybe Ill try it tomorrow with some tomato soup! =D
  • vidasana87
    vidasana87 Posts: 75
    Options
    Omg. Apple slices, cheddar and branston pickle is the winner! WOW.
  • bamabutterfly83
    bamabutterfly83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sharp cheddar with tomato toasted or Peanut Butter and Banana toasted...YUM! I've never had a fluffernutter but I think I'd have to use Nutella or Jif Chocolate PB instead of regular.
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I went through a huge PB sandwich phase as a kid. My favorites were PB & Pickles, PB and Potato Chip, PB & Banana, and of course PB and Jelly (but only strawberry jelly!).
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Ciabbata bread with turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, and avocado. So good!
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Anybody tried it with the Whipped Jif chocolate/PB? I've never had the patience to put that stuff on anything else, just eat it strait out of the tub.
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    A Hawaiian (open faced) sandwich:

Toast a piece of bread, then spread with Light Miracle Whip, put on a ring of pineapple, criss cross some bacon over top of the pineapple, top with a piece of American Cheese and broil until all melted over top. HEAVEN.
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sharp cheddar, apple slices and Branston Pickle.

Om nom nom.

Sounds really good
  • mrloserpunk
    mrloserpunk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i like pizza sandwiches. marinara, mozarella cheese, basil, pizza toppings of choice. grilled and pressed until crispy and gooey.

Ahh! We used to eat those all the time when I was a kid too!!! We had this cool sandwich press that sealed the edges as it cooked so nothing oozed out of the sides. Kind of like a waffle maker for sanwiches. It was awewome.

Ahhh like a pudgy pie :-) I know exactly what your talking about. Grilled cheese, pizza, ham and Swiss, apple, fluffier n peanut butter... Man... So many of my childhood lunches came from that machine :-)

Ya know... Now that I have my lil Sammie, I think it's time to get one for her to remember :-)

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-25408-Proctor-Sandwich/dp/B001YI459O/ref=sr_1_8?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1373561696&sr=1-8&keywords=grilled+sandwich+maker
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    the craziest sandwich I've ever had was a peanut butter and green olive sandwich and yes I was under the influence of something at the time, but it was actually pretty good haha

Ah.... the munchies. That is how I discovered how awesome Doritos and mustard are.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Nan used to eat butter, sugar and golden syrup on white bread sandwiches. She too didn't have her teeth for long.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually tried a fluffernutter, but i may have to. I've had a peanut butter burger (regular burger with PB slathered on the bun) and that is FANTASTIC. A friend of ours told us about a peanut butter and tuna sandwich, and it just sounds so wrong.
    I was watching a show on the Food Network about food trucks, and they were talking about the best food truck burgers, and a few of them put peanut butter on them. One had peanut butter and sriracha.

Peanut Butter AND Sriracha?!?!

tumblr_m6vg9gFsIJ1r6hxat.gif
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually tried a fluffernutter, but i may have to. I've had a peanut butter burger (regular burger with PB slathered on the bun) and that is FANTASTIC. A friend of ours told us about a peanut butter and tuna sandwich, and it just sounds so wrong.
    I was watching a show on the Food Network about food trucks, and they were talking about the best food truck burgers, and a few of them put peanut butter on them. One had peanut butter and sriracha.

Peanut Butter AND Sriracha?!?!

tumblr_m6vg9gFsIJ1r6hxat.gif
    Now you know what to try next time :smile:
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Deli ham, mustard, and bbq chips(HAS to be Grippos), on white bread. De freaking licious!

I like this,but with lays bbq chips. Honestly, I have no idea what Grippos are. I definitely agree though, fantastic combination!

Just the best bbq chips EVER! That's all. ;)
  • Ilona_2013
    Ilona_2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love a gluten free (Udi's) toasted whole grain bread with laughing cow spreadable cheese (light) and sliced avocado on top lightly sprinkled with garlic salt. Delicious...!!!!!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    When we were little, my dad would make us grilled fluffernutter sandwiches. SOOOO good. I would like one now please.
  • louiepoof
    louiepoof Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one! I think that's the best way to eat PB is PB and butter. My little boy thinks I'm crazy. He always says "Mommy, that's yucky!"