NO MCDONALDS

Options

Replies

• SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    My goal for the day is to have a McD's double cheeseburger for lunch.

I'm still sore they took them off the dollar menu.

I might get a McWrap for dinner. Or one of the new Quarter Pounders.

You can get the McDouble. It' sthe same thing but one less piece of cheese. It's not like it's real cheese anyway.

Who thought American cheese was a good idea? Gross.

Now they have McDoubles with bacon. I think I know what I'm going to have for dinner!

OMG! Come bring me one!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE mcdonalds, but I no longer eat it - even the commercials gross me out (:

How can that be anything but psychosomatic? You used to love it and now it's gross? It's all in your head. Absent any external force convincing you that it's evil you'd still love it.

I just had McD's for lunch, incidentally.

All this person said was they no longer choose to eat it. How does that require you, once again, making it a big damn deal that someone no longer chooses to have a certain. I don't like curry or Long John Silvers. And yes IT IS ALL IN MY HEAD because I don't like it! OMG!

On a side note, I am interested to know, OP, what you have been eating instead?

Huh? The poster I responded to literally said they used to "LOVE" it but now they are grossed out.

If you used to "LOVE" curry but got convinced it's incredibly unhealthy evil food and you now find it gross, then, yes, it's all in your head. If you just don't like curry then who cares?

OMG! I need curry now!

ps, how is curry bad for you? It's meat, vegetables, and sometimes beans (depending on what kind you get, I like Thai curry which is just meat and vegetables) in a reduction with spices.

I've been eating curry all week. I made a wonderful chicken curry with broccoli, and just finished the last of it yesterday for lunch!

And you didn't share? Would not bang.

I didn't know you then.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options

You can get the McDouble. It' sthe same thing but one less piece of cheese. It's not like it's real cheese anyway.

Now they have McDoubles with bacon. I think I know what I'm going to have for dinner!

OMG! Come bring me one!

You didn't share your curry. I'm not sharing my McDoubles with bacon. THEY'RE ALL MINE!
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE mcdonalds, but I no longer eat it - even the commercials gross me out (:

How can that be anything but psychosomatic? You used to love it and now it's gross? It's all in your head. Absent any external force convincing you that it's evil you'd still love it.

I just had McD's for lunch, incidentally.

All this person said was they no longer choose to eat it. How does that require you, once again, making it a big damn deal that someone no longer chooses to have a certain. I don't like curry or Long John Silvers. And yes IT IS ALL IN MY HEAD because I don't like it! OMG!

On a side note, I am interested to know, OP, what you have been eating instead?

Huh? The poster I responded to literally said they used to "LOVE" it but now they are grossed out.

If you used to "LOVE" curry but got convinced it's incredibly unhealthy evil food and you now find it gross, then, yes, it's all in your head. If you just don't like curry then who cares?

OMG! I need curry now!

ps, how is curry bad for you? It's meat, vegetables, and sometimes beans (depending on what kind you get, I like Thai curry which is just meat and vegetables) in a reduction with spices.

I've been eating curry all week. I made a wonderful chicken curry with broccoli, and just finished the last of it yesterday for lunch!

And you didn't share? Would not bang.

I didn't know you then.

You should have some hot chicks who like curry senses. Like spidey senses.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

OMG! Come bring me one!

You didn't share your curry. I'm not sharing my McDoubles with bacon. THEY'RE ALL MINE!
    Now I want that with an oreo McFlurry for dinner.
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    Egg white delight is made with real egg whites and a whole grain muffin. If you get it without the slice of fake cheese it is only 200 calories. It is an easy way to get the much needed protein in your breakfast. I eat them about 2 times a week and I have lost 20 pounds in the last 5 weeks. Understand that I am a lazy 49 year old woman. Count your calories, get your protein, and stay away from simple carbs and sugar that just end up being stored as fat. Mcdonalds also has a good salad at lunch. Just have to choose it over the burger. :)
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting a goal you set.

It's not "poison" nor really bad. A 300 calories sandwich is not excessive for a meal. And yes they use real eggs, cheese and ham, the same you would buy at a store.

It's positive for the OP to avoid if McDonald's is her vice and derails her from losing weight, but McDonald's is hardly poison.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

So is this why I kept losing weight even when I ate a cheeseburger once in a while?
    I haven't had McDonalds in 3 months. I kept thinking it was really bad for you (like the person said "poison")
    Sorry to ask lol Im New to these forums

There's nothing inherently wrong with anything from McDonald's. As long as, at the end of the day, you are hitting your nutrient goals and getting some veggies you will succeed.

Enough! We know how you feel about fast food. Eat it, and be done with it. You have hijacked this thread from a person that was seeking support for kicking an unhealthy habit. How about supporting that effort and limiting it to just that? Enough with the hijacking!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Egg white delight is made with real egg whites and a whole grain muffin. If you get it without the slice of fake cheese it is only 200 calories. It is an easy way to get the much needed protein in your breakfast. I eat them about 2 times a week and I have lost 20 pounds in the last 5 weeks. Understand that I am a lazy 49 year old woman. Count your calories, get your protein, and stay away from simple carbs and sugar that just end up being stored as fat. Mcdonalds also has a good salad at lunch. Just have to choose it over the burger. :)

Nothing gets stored as fat and everything gets stored as fat it depends on whether you eat in a deficit or a surplus... oh and that muffin is no different than the sugar in your coffee to your body.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    So is this why I kept losing weight even when I ate a cheeseburger once in a while?
    I haven't had McDonalds in 3 months. I kept thinking it was really bad for you (like the person said "poison")
    Sorry to ask lol Im New to these forums

There's nothing inherently wrong with anything from McDonald's. As long as, at the end of the day, you are hitting your nutrient goals and getting some veggies you will succeed.

Enough! We know how you feel about fast food. Eat it, and be done with it. You have hijacked this thread from a person that was seeking support for kicking an unhealthy habit. How about supporting that effort and limiting it to just that? Enough with the hijacking!

Poster I responded to asked a direct question.

So I guess I'm not allowed to answer questions if you don't approve of my answer? Hm.
  • highervibes
    Options
    I think 11 pages deep the thread can be declared dead to the OP's question. There is still valuable information here that the OP might find helpful :)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    They need to start serving hot dogs (turkey of course) so I can have the pleasure of ordering a McWeiner at the drive thru.
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    bump for later i love the argument.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Once again OP, Well done! You have sucessfully avoided a trigger for two days in a row and that is commendable. Keep up the good work and keep a singular focus on your goal and you will succeed. To all else who STILL wish to argue the evils of fast food, bring it on, but please dont shout down those of us who dont believe in the nutrient supernatural. Woooooooo OOOoooooooo OOOOOoooooooooo..........evil food spirits gonna get us.........
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congrats on staying away, I believe its a wise choice. Since I have given it up I feel more energetic and realize one meal there can chew up nearly all my intake for the day.,sad!!!!!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    They need to start serving hot dogs (turkey of course) so I can have the pleasure of ordering a McWeiner at the drive thru.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • DATMANN
    DATMANN Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Stay away from Mcdonalds and hit up subway for them clean foods!
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Once I gave up the Mcdonald's breakfasts for a few months, my cholesterol levels dropped by 40 points!!! I love it still, but only as an occasional treat.

I've found it doesn't taste quite as good as it used to. I think my body is used to better foods.

Still, congrats on making it past the drive thru today!
  • highervibes
    Options
    Stay away from Mcdonalds and hit up subway for them clean foods!

They're also on my rotation of lunch options, What makes Subway 'cleaner'?
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Why did this turn into a debate about how good/bad for you fast food is? It boils down to if it fits in your macros and if you have self-control... period. If you choose not to eat it, great, but don't demonize people who take a different approach. FFS.

That being said, OP, AWESOME work! You should be proud of yourself. :)

ETA: This was obviously a small personal victory for the OP, so can we all just be supportive and play nice?
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That is great! You don't need that poison!

3rd post is where it turned into a debate about fast food being poison.