Options
    apple cinnamon compote

Apples - Raw, without skin, 420 g
    Raisins, 90 g
    Walnuts, 40 g
    tablespoon cinnamon
    tablespoon or 2 of water

serves 5 at 145 per serving

chop apples after peeling put in pan with all other ingredients on a medium heat, stir every now and then for 10-15 mins until apples start to soften and raisins become plumb and juicy

keep in an airtight container in fridge once it has cooled

can be eaten warm or cold and can be added to porridge for breakfast, yogurt for a snack, pork or chicken for diner or custard for desert! (i really like it with natural yogurt!)

can also be made with pears with a tablespoon of honey added

enjoy x
  • lshunter
    Options
    bump
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Pork Tenderloin in the Slow Cooker

1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
    1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix (A good alternative to this is just chopped onions)
    1 cup water
    3/4 cup red wine
    3 tablespoons minced garlic
    3 tablespoons soy sauce
    freshly ground black pepper to taste

Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Be sure to turn the pork halfway through or half will have a different taste than the other. (And the bottom soaking in the juice turns out to taste the best.) Sprinkle with pepper (if wanted), cover, and cook on low setting overnight. Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.

Calories: 252
    Servings: 6-10
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of yummy stuff!!!
  • kaizen1993
    Options
    300 calorie meal
    2 slices of 45calorie and delicious bread, grilled (like grilled cheese) in a frying pan, with 1tbsp of light butter, in between the bread put 1tbsp fat free mayo, and a piece of fat-free cheese, and 2 slices of ham, put it in the oven for about ten minutes. You still have enough calories to take some apple slices, put them in the same frying pan (add some cisco if needed) and just fry them, putting 3 tsp of Brown sugar if you'd like. You STILL have enough calories to have a small garden salad with any fat free or yogurt made dressing.
  • ChristieisReady
    Options
    Lots of good stuff!
  • zolamercedes
    zolamercedes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just saw this on the Dr. Oz show, but it sounds PERFECT for me, and I am sure others will appreciate.

Graham cracker - two squares
    Cool Whip, Fat Free (if you want fat free, regular is fine but it ups the numbers)

You create a cool whip sandwhich and freeze it! That's it all done and only 80 calories!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • MayberryMama
    Options
    Morning Glory Muffins! Make one batch on Sunday and they last all week! They have tons of fiber so they keep you full and my kids love them!

Ingredients
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup whole wheat flour
    1 1/4 cups white sugar
    1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 cups grated carrots
    1 apple - peeled, cored, and chopped
    1 cup raisins
    1 egg
    2 egg whites
    1/2 cup apple butter
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
    2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ

Directions
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly oil 18 muffin cups, or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
    In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, apple butter, oil and vanilla.
    In a large bowl, stir together flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in carrots, apples and raisins. Stir in apple butter mixture until just moistened. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
    In a small bowl, combine walnuts and wheat germ; sprinkle over the muffin tops.
    Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and spring back when lightly pressed.

Nutritional Information
    194 Calories, 4.2 grams of fat.
  • MayberryMama
    Options
    Okay one more, I love this one too because it's a nice change from the usual salted edemame and it's super quick.

Asian Garlic Edamame

Ingredients
    1/4 cup water
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 (16 ounce) package frozen edamame in the pod
    1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    1 tablespoon sesame oil
    2 tablespoons sesame seeds

Directions
    Bring the water and garlic to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Stir in the edamame, and cook until the edamame are hot, and the liquid has nearly evaporated, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-high and stir in the teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and sesame oil. Stir constantly until the sauce has thickened and coats the edamame, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.

261 calories, 12 grams of fat.
  • ChristieisReady
    Options
    I'm totally compiling these into a cook book that I'll send to anyone who wants one (in a month or so, when it's worth the bother)!
  • ChristieisReady
    Options
    Anyone else?
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ChristieisReady
    Options
    Last chance to be considered this week's winner!! I'll also put together a pdf of the week's recipes for anyone who wants it.
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    Yum Yum! Bump
  • mpos
    mpos Posts: 55
    Options
    I have no recipes right now but thanks to all the contributors.

Bumpy-bump!!!