Epic- cheatmeals/re-feeds and how often :)

Options
Just wondering what your favorite Epic cheat meal is and how often do you eat it?

Being that my body goes full Keto in 3 days, I have a freebirds or chipotle 3 month old baby sized burrito after Leg Day when im most anabolic. Depending on how I feel Ill have a whole medium dominos pizza topped with bacon and ground turkey , Ill have 3 chobani yogurts and 2 scoops of whey right before bed.... i eat this every 5 days.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS EAT?

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    lolwut
  • jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Options
    what dont you understand Brah
  • gnickieg24
    gnickieg24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love cheese ill put it on anything i can if i can get away with it. I have cut way back but i have to admit that today i went upstairs and ate the cheesiest nachos ever i just piled on the cheese and it was sooo yummy but now i regret it :( i mess up here and there but i really want to loose this last bit of weight and that is more important than yummy cheesy dishes...
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    keto lol

anabolic hahahaha
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    This doesn't answer your question but I do have a question for you: how do you know your body is in keto? I honestly don't know so just curious.
  • jaycbadass
    Options
    Ketogenic- body is using mainly fats to fuel the workload( and when youre at 60 grams of carbs a day coming oly from fibrous non starch sources, its pretty easy)
    anabolic- when the body is issuing nutrients/ insulin to affected areas to repair and strengthen damaged tissue. not to be confused with protein synthesis
  • jaycbadass
    Options
    keto lol

anabolic hahahaha

@ jdm taco http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/pierce34.htm
  • jaycbadass
    Options
    I am convinced. This is a weight loss site. Not a fitness site at all, the lack of basic building blocks is astounding.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    keto lol

anabolic hahahaha

This is what I a lulzing over.
  • jaycbadass
    Options
    To assure that your protein is used correctly and promoting anabolism use it when blood insulin levels are soaring high. When insulin is present in high doses the precursors that allow for gluconeogenesis to occur are drastically decreased5.

Consuming the prescribed type of carbohydrates at the appropriate time mixed with protein creates the optimal anabolic environment. Just as eating protein is not guaranteed that the amino acids will be used to repair muscle tissue; consuming carbohydrates is not a guaranteed reason to feel confident that they will replenish glycogen and proving energy either.

Athletes must consume their carbohydrates following their training in order to get the blood insulin levels up rather quickly while the metabolic pathway is supporting anabolism3.

Low blood sugar and low insulin levels cause the secretion of catabolic hormones, which is an unwanted condition for athletes. The post-training time frame calls for and if utilized properly will allow for the restoration of glycogen and blood glucose. It is at this crucial time that the process of reloading nutrients is priority in physiologic terms.

To take advantage of this precious moment the athlete should have a dose of simple carbohydrates. These carbohydrates should come in the form of a liquid for the ease of digestion. The athlete should consume about 0.5 grams of carbohydrates for every kilogram of their body weight immediately following their training session6
  • jaycbadass
    Options
    keto lol

anabolic hahahaha

This is what I a lulzing over.
    what is ther to lulz over?
  • jaycbadass
    Options
    go ahead. lift and gulp down your shakes, time your meals and eat brwn rice and chicken breast for your gains. Its all you need to get swole right? gimme a break.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Because nothing you quoted from bodybuilding.com really matters... Eat your food, hit your macros, and progressively overload. Stop majoring in the minors.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    go ahead. lift and gulp down your shakes, time your meals and eat brwn rice and chicken breast for your gains. Its all you need to get swole right? gimme a break.

My diet looks nothing like that hahaha....
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

Not everyone has the same goal as you. Some of us are here to lose weight, not "get swole". Don't act so shocked that not everyone understands what you're talking about
  • jaycbadass
    Options

you could be eating ramen noodles and tuna, same ****
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    In for broscience vs results.
  • jaycbadass
    Options
    Because nothing you quoted from bodybuilding.com really matters... Eat your food, hit your macros, and progressively overload. Stop majoring in the minors.

Some things have to obsessed over..
    Eating like an animal after torching your biggest muscle group makes solid sense to me..
  • LolBroScience
    Options

you could be eating ramen noodles and tuna, same ****

You could if you want. I don't understand what you're getting at?

I'm saying all that trash about post workout insulin spike , 6 meals a day, meal timing. really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
  • jaycbadass
    Options

Not everyone has the same goal as you. Some of us are here to lose weight, not "get swole". Don't act so shocked that not everyone understands what you're talking about
    youre right, Ive been on T-nation for too long.