Do you match?

Options
Are you more focused on your workout clothes matching or giving your all during the workout?
My clothes rarely match... In fact many times they are on inside out! Lol! Are you a matcher or mis-matcher?

www.facebook.com/kelli.hulst.1

Replies

• Darryl4126
    Darryl4126 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I wear whatever we have GYM onsite where I work and go before work at 430am . So I Mismatch!!!!!!!!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    This baffles me a bit. It takes exactly zero more time or effort to put on clothing that matches, but you seem to look down on those who choose to. I guess if it makes you feel better about yourself, mismatch away.
  • Darryl4126
    Darryl4126 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    This baffles me a bit. It takes exactly zero more time or effort to put on clothing that matches, but you seem to look down on those who choose to. I guess if it makes you feel better about yourself, mismatch away.
    I am not looking down on anyone. I just answered it truthfully I am usually in somewhat of a rush getting stuff together so matching really does not matter to me for the GYM i do match if I am going somewhere else..
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I don't match at all lol...I bought them to. Atch but now whatever is clean and there goes on !! Haha
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't make an effort to since they'll get dirty anyway, but sometimes it happens. Most of my workout bottoms are completely black, so any top will work with them.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I suppose it you bought an outfit together, it would be pretty easy to match. I don't have much of a wardrobe, but I bought my workout shirt and pants together so they would match...
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    All of my workout pants are black, so they pretty much "match" all of my workout tops. I don't worry about matching the tops to my sports bras or to my socks or headband. As long as I'm dressed in appropriate gear, I'm good.
  • melissamincy
    melissamincy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about it. I am at the gym to get sweaty and feel good, not to impress anyone ;) My husband sometimes shakes his head at my choice of shorts and tshirt but hey who cares?
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Are you more focused on your workout clothes matching or giving your all during the workout?

Sounds pretty judgmental to me.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I buy matching outfits and take the time to fold/store them that way. It's not an effort for me to match. And, trust me, I give it my all on a run or during a work out.

But, I draw the line at putting make up on to go to the gym or for a run. Only time that happens is when I go to the gym on my lunch break because i've already got make up on for the day. If it's first thing in the morning. . .my face is scary!!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    The people at my gym must think I'm disgusting, because when ordering work out clothes online, I clicked 3 times on the top I wanted instead of just once, so I literally wear the same outfit every day.

I used to not care, when I was starting off, but the more I got into it, workout clothes became my reward!x
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I buy cute workout clothes, and workout clothes that match, why? because it makes me feel like a badass and I am more motivated to go to the gym and kick some booty. Just because my pants are loud and my outfit matches doesn't make my workout any less hard than those people who don't match. I probably get judged when I walk out of the locker room because I have on makeup, my hair is done, and my workout clothes are cute and match, however I workout right after work so makeup and hair done are for that reason. I don't really care though, I do what I want and what motivates me, and thats cute matching workout clothes and going to the gym right after work.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

Sounds pretty judgmental to me.

I'm fairly certain the OP didnt mean for this to come across as judgemental. I think her wording was incorrect is all.

People are TOO sensitive these days. it's kind of ridiculous.

as for my answer to the original question: I wear whatever. ...as long as what i am wearing is APPROPRIATE. I saw a guy at the gym the other day with a shirt that read "got tits?" on his effing shirt. seriously? that's not appropriate at the Y considering its a family atmosphere.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I wear Navy PT gear, so I look like a f***ing minion from Despicable Me :grumble:
  • amandajones1978
    Options
    Its no effort for me to match, all my bottoms are black so any shirt I have ready works.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I match AND I kick *kitten*. Not mutually exclusive events.
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am a mismatcher for now. I walk/run on my treadmill and do 30DS so everything is in the comfort of my own home. I do go outside and walk from time to time so I do wear matching clothes for that. I keep telling myself that I can't wait to get skinny and wear all the cute workout clothes ;) haha
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm a matcher.... but then most of my things are hot pink and black... I have one green and one aqua outfit...

I match down to sports bra and socks.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    just do shorts and a shirt nothing fancy
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I buy whatever I think is cute and sometimes it matches. I have several shades of pink, orange and purple so they mostly go together. Although I can be very bright to look at.