a bit.
  • CoozyRoo
    CoozyRoo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's adorable!
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    No, I used to do workouts with my mom, they were fun when I was little.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I wish someone would have taught me nice health skills when I was five! Lucky daughter you have.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    If she is outlifting you, you bet it's sad.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Nope, not sad at all.

Better than having no work out partner.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Heck no as long as she is not spotting for you :wink:
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    NOOO, it is not sad .

Introducing her to exercising young is a great thing! Make it part of your time together and build good habits together. Also use it as a tool to teach healthier eating - you are doing good for your body by exercising, now you have to feed it well too!

Much better than watching Dora (or whatever child's program) together - you can only take so much "backpack, backpack!"
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    If she is outlifting you, you bet it's sad.

^^^This^^^

LOL..

OP...the only thing that I'd say is that if you're kiddo is holding you back from putting 100% effort into your workout, that might be a problem.

My boy is my "partner" on Sundays...we go to Daddy and Me Gym Time at the gym...but that's my whatevs day and I'm not really putting in any serious training.
  • _skinnydreaming
    Options
    no. I go to the gym with my mum!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    What a great way to spend time together and build healthy habits into her routine! Not sad at all!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    It's only sad if you make her do it.

I work out with my boys (ages 16 and 14) ... it's sad because they both kick my *kitten*.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    My son is three about to be four and he works out with me all the time.
    We make bridges (planking) and he crawls on top of me and bounces to make the bridge fall down or he'll crawl under me.

Sometimes he helps my form and tells me to make my bridges like this ^ lol his *kitten* is so far in the air I'm not sure how he does it lol

Other times we'd run around the living room, dining room, and kitchen into circles and let me tell you running in a small circle from carpet to tile back to carpet and not having your feet slide out from underneath you where you smash your face into the floor ..is hard

Now I go to a gym and he plays with other kids but he constantly wants to come out and workout with me.
    or we'll go to the park and walk around exploring...

I have more fun with my kid than I do adults my age ...
    maybe that's sad...
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    my two year old niece is my training partner when it comes to races, she hops in her jogging stroller when she knows we are going out to do a few miles.
  • iTStaRTsN0W
    iTStaRTsN0W Posts: 106
    Options
    LOL. she loves it. I was doing my workout and she just ran in the house and joined me last night. She loves the turbofire parts where they are really fast 1 minute increments. She thinks it's the best thing ever.

After the workout she wanted to keep going, I just let her play with the resistant band and kettle ball. She had a blast.
  • llcjmama
    llcjmama Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Not sad, my 7,6, and 2 year old boys are my workout buddies. Sometimes I even use them as my weights, when they get on my back for push ups
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Not sad but encouring for her to keep a healthy active lifestyle which is a dying trait with a lot of the youth in this day and age because of the allure of technology and what entertainment it offers over healthy activities.

I get my daughter to do small workouts with me and she loves it, she gets so excited to do a couple laps around the kitchen and then lay down for some crunches and attempts at push-ups and some leg pendulums and 3lb weight lifting. She thinks she is a big girl and a tough girl when she does it. Such a great attitude to enforce with your child but just make sure you are getting the time that you need to get a good workout for yourself :)