Options
    Trying to decide what to dress as. What I've dressed up as in the past:

Supergirl
    Batgirl
    Cookie Monster
    She-ra
    Nurse
    Tinker Bell

Always paid homage to Celt Goddess(es) in attire, from when I was first exposed to Halloween (at age 13, via a Private Boarding School for Young Ladies abroad). Before then I'd always been more about Guy Fox Day around the same period, where the young boys of every home would be adorned as close as possible as what Americans will associate with Zoro. Black cape, a mask and their preferred head dress with an attached weapon or weapons (eg bow and arrow, sword, etc), holding a cut-out pumpkin head on a stake, which the boys may parade in groups, with accompanying older children and teens with flashlights or lanterns, screaming "Guy Fox, Guy Fox, Guy Fox Day," throughout the neighbourhood streets. On their return to their homes, we'd then continue with drum solos 'til the early hours of the morning.

Interpretation of: (i) Morrighan for me 2lavdbm.jpg

and (ii) Rhiannon for my sister. 29njjhw.jpg

Guy Fawkes, you mean?
  • More_Dakka
    More_Dakka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Halloween is probably the only holiday I genuinely like, so I'll be dressing up. I'm either going have a Nasa Spacesuit with an alien mask, or I'm going to be the protagonist from the video game "Hotline Miami"

hotline_miami_fanart_by_pa_go-d5k38ua.jpg
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Oh another fabulous idea, I did one year, MEDUSA, because you can wear a really slinky sexy dress, a sexy bra, cool jewels, barrel roll your hair and attach snakes in there, if you are REAL daring you can carry around a real snake at the Halloween party and really freak everyone out ;)

You might accidentally get shot. If I see a real snake, I'm shooting it.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Trying to decide what to dress as. What I've dressed up as in the past:

Supergirl
    Batgirl
    Cookie Monster
    She-ra
    Nurse
    Tinker Bell

Always paid homage to Celt Goddess(es) in attire, from when I was first exposed to Halloween (at age 13, via a Private Boarding School for Young Ladies abroad). Before then I'd always been more about Guy Fox Day around the same period, where the young boys of every home would be adorned as close as possible as what Americans will associate with Zoro. Black cape, a mask and their preferred head dress with an attached weapon or weapons (eg bow and arrow, sword, etc), holding a cut-out pumpkin head on a stake, which the boys may parade in groups, with accompanying older children and teens with flashlights or lanterns, screaming "Guy Fox, Guy Fox, Guy Fox Day," throughout the neighbourhood streets. On their return to their homes, we'd then continue with drum solos 'til the early hours of the morning.

Interpretation of: (i) Morrighan for me 2lavdbm.jpg

and (ii) Rhiannon for my sister. 29njjhw.jpg

Guy Fawkes, you mean?

You are correct! It's been awhile@Guy Fawkes. I'll edit. Thanks :D His surname.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Halloween is my favourite.

This was last year's costume (took me about 2 weeks to make)

I was the Ice Queen

09e5c96c-fc1a-4c3e-8e5a-b85a6dad33d5_zps6d88973f.jpg

ETA: the crown is made from wreath embellishments and pipe cleaners, same with the necklace. the cape is a curtain, a wire hanger and some faux fur I had around.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Halloween is my favourite.

This was last year's costume (took me about 2 weeks to make)

I was the Ice Queen

09e5c96c-fc1a-4c3e-8e5a-b85a6dad33d5_zps6d88973f.jpg

ETA: the crown is made from wreath embellishments and pipe cleaners, same with the necklace. the cape is a curtain, a wire hanger and some faux fur I had around.

FANTASTIC!!!

I wanna be something hot this year too since I finally can :happy:
    last year I was a cop and my 6' something bald goatee'd tattoo'd husband was a hooker...it was EPIC!!!!
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hah, am I going to dress up for Halloween? What a silly question... Of course I am! Last year I was Rapunzel, the year before, I was Fionna from Adventure Time, and the year before that, I was Helga Pataki from Hey Arnold!. This year, I've narrowed my list down to:

Mabel from Gravity Falls
    Meg from Hercules
    Vanellope from Wreck-It Ralph
    A female, humanoid version of Mordecai from Regular Show
    A female, humanoid version of Perry the Platypus
    Skrillex
    Actual Cannibal Shia LaBoeuf

Regardless, it's gonna be AWESOME.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    ...adorned as close as possible as what Americans will associate with Zoro.
    Never heard of "Zoro". Is he anything like "Zorro"?
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    Mabel from Gravity Falls
    Nice!
  • callmemaui
    callmemaui Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ooh fun topic!! I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking so far ahead. Yesterday I was looking for a photographer for my daughters' birthday pictures. Their birthday isn't until December! lol
    So, Halloween! Hmmmm....this year WHEN I reach my goal, I'd like to dress up as something sexy for once. Last year I was an owl, the year before I was plus size Red Riding Hood. This year I'm thinking superhero. Wonder Woman is top on of my list.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Yes I am. I have a couple pics of previous costumes. Not sure yet what I'm going to do this year. A group of us at work are thinking about a theme. Ideas anyone??

Last year we were zombies and won 1st prize. We looked utterly disgusting!! LOL
    My friend, her boyfriend and another couple went as the Adams family one year...it was great (Fester even had the lighbulb in his mouth!!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I always dress up. Last year I was Alice from Resident Evil. I'm not sure what I'll be this year, yet, but I'll be choosing soon.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    ...adorned as close as possible as what Americans will associate with Zoro.
    Never heard of "Zoro". Is he anything like "Zorro"?

:laugh: ... Am not into the Zorro/Zoro legend, but I trust that you're correct and I thank you capngordo.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Mabel from Gravity Falls
    Nice!

Thanks! :3 I'm glad someone here knows what I'm talking about
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Irissa from Defiance, trying to talk my boyfriend into dressing as a defiance deputy. :P
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I haven't in years. but this year I plan to since I've lost weight....something a little sexy!! :wink:
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    To the OP, I vote for Sheena.

8488541.png
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I usually try to do the couple thing, though last year we didn't. Don't know what I'll be this year since now I can actually fit something sexy!
  • grumpadon
    grumpadon Posts: 24
    Options
    yeah, i'm an amputee. I wanna be a pirate.:wink:
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hell yes. I'm still thinking of my next costume! Last year I was a peacock!