Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    2v8lp1g.gif
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Some people are concerned about more than fat loss, such as cholesterol and blood sugar levels, etc. Eating crap food at a deficit will indeed cause weight loss but it doesn't necessarily equal physical health.

So can you present some evidence of blood markers of health significantly worsening after losing a bunch of weight but achieved it by eating "crap food"?

Oh goodness, somehow you got off 'ignore'. Thank goodness I stumbled on this post.
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I wish people would stop caring who calls what clean or unclean. Everyone has an opinion (yours is one as well) and it doesn't change anything.

I agree. Some people could easily say I wish people would stop saying its ok to eat junk food (aka dirty food) and lose weight when it is so bad for your body. To each their own so just let it be and dont worry about it. I personally could care less what others are eating especially enough to make a thread out of it
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    when was the last anyone saw an obese person who eats clean?

Obese people are obese because they are eating above their daily calorie intake. Not because of what they eat. Seriously..... I give up.
    i know this. its harder to go over ur cals when eating clean foods. u dont need so much self control. but when eating bonbons and poptarts its hard to stop.
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm not telling people to go stuff their face with unhealthy food, no. All I'm saying is feel free to mix it up every once in a while. Eat foods that love. If you love eating these "clean" foods every single day, then go ahead. But most people I know who are dieting don't do it this way, because cravings eventually do kick in and mentally you'll start caving in, trust me. It's easy to say "Oh I've been eating clean for 7 days", that's cool, try doing it for the rest of your life.

whether they want to mix it up or not is neither here nor there-I find it odd it would matter to you either way
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    As I was going to do this :drinker:

... My kid came and asked me for a bowl of oats. So bizarre. Well, it's Pizza, Pizza tonight :drinker:
  • itzCoffeeTime
    Options
    The term clean is just used to categorize food. Most people refer to clean eating as consuming unprocessed foods. There are many ways to lose weight, some of which are healthier than others. Of course the underlying truth for losing weight is consuming less calories than you expend. But just because you can lose weight eating nothing but twinkies, like this professor did at Kansas: http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html , doesn't mean it is great for your long term health.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I wish people would stop caring who calls what clean or unclean. Everyone has an opinion (yours is one as well) and it doesn't change anything.

I agree. Some people could easily say I wish people would stop saying its ok to eat junk food (aka dirty food) and lose weight when it is so bad for your body. To each their own so just let it be and dont worry about it. I personally could care less what others are eating especially enough to make a thread out of it

'Zakley. It's not like "clean eating" dangerous. Live and let live.
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Peoples bodes react differently to carbs thats why some people fear them. For me the key to utilising carbs the best is timing for example at the moment i am trying to strip some body fat off and thats why i only have carbs PWO and a high carb day every saturday.

I know what you mean to an extent though
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. It's silly. People trying to one-up each other with how "clean" they eat. I didn't even know that was a thing til I joined MFP. I lived happily my whole life just eating mostly meals I cook myself from mostly whole plain ingredients, and I liked it that way. But if I want to have some ice cream, I do. If I want to have a cookie leftover from a conference at work, I do.

A young lady recently posted a picture of herself sticking out her little tiny belly and then another one of her holding it in, and claims that Clean Eating did this for her.

Silliness.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'd like to clear this up once and for all. Lately, the forums have been plagued with people claiming that they are "eating clean" and it's getting quite annoying.

There is no such thing as “clean" food.

There is no such thing as “dirty" food.

You can eat processed foods. You can eat chocolate, poptarts, hotdogs, drink soda. Go ahead and even have a nice big juicey burger from McDonalds if you wish!

The key is to fit it in to your macronutrients. Make food work for you instead of cowering in fear like the mass majority. You can still enjoy the foods you love. Yes it’s in moderation. You can still even lose fat, eat at a caloric deficit, gain muscle mass and eat poptarts. I promise.

I wish everyone would stop the fear mongering with carbs, processed foods and paleo bullcrap.

FOODS LIKE THESE DO NOT MAKE YOU FAT. OVER EATING THEM DOES.

Thank you.

WRONG! I hope your not feeding any kids that information.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    2v8lp1g.gif

*snort*
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    I'm also going to peek in for the drama. I find it interestig how people get so worked up by how other people eat. Why does it matter if person A. wants to spend 300 dollars at Organics R Us while person B wants to spend 80 at Super Cheap Processed Bulk Food Stuff. To each their own.
  • Pinupdollrawr
    Pinupdollrawr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "clean" food? Eating clean just means eating foods that are as close to their natural state as possible. It excludes fast foods, processed foods, etc. That's all. It really is a term.

Yup exactly.
  • tinylightsbelow
    tinylightsbelow Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think the main thing about eating clean is that it's easier to limit 'clean' foods than it is to limit 'unclean' ones. When I eat things like cookies or fast food, I have an urge to eat a lot more than when I'm given an apple or spinach. 'Clean' foods are also less calorie-dense. Ever tried to eat 2000 cals of kale? It's not easy.

That said, it doesn't mean people who occasionally eat ice cream or a hot dog are killing themselves or something, or that they can't lose weight. People who 'eat clean' just get excited because they have found a way that is easy for them to lose weight, while also getting in a lot more nutrients than they would otherwise. I don't think there's anything wrong with them talking about it, just like there's nothing wrong with having a poptart or an Oreo if you feel like it. Everything in moderation.
  • softballislife7
    softballislife7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! finally some knowledge/sense!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    when was the last anyone saw an obese person who eats clean?

Obese people are obese because they are eating above their daily calorie intake. Not because of what they eat. Seriously..... I give up.
    i know this. its harder to go over ur cals when eating clean foods. u dont need so much self control. but when eating bonbons and poptarts its hard to stop.

I see we've never met. I was an overweight teen eating home cooked more or less clean foods. My mom made all of her good from scratch, starting with the most basic of ingredients.

And then I ate it all. And then I was 15 and 200+ pounds and had no idea how I got there, because I wasn't even really allowed to eat processed stuff, which is what I'd always heard made people get fat. Surly I didn't get fat eating carrot sticks and homemade chicken stew! ...except that is exactly what happened.

And then I started eating less, my mom loosened up and let me become a brownie a day eater, and I lost all kinds of weight. Then I got married and started eating like a man and put a bit back on, and now I'm losing again (While still being a brownie and ice cream everyday eater.)
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    2v8lp1g.gif

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Hoooray for Hyperbole!!!
  • whisperer02
    Options
    Amen!!!
  • leroyizzy
    leroyizzy Posts: 55
    Options
    I think the main thing about eating clean is that it's easier to limit 'clean' foods than it is to limit 'unclean' ones. When I eat things like cookies or fast food, I have an urge to eat a lot more than when I'm given an apple or spinach. 'Clean' foods are also less calorie-dense. Ever tried to eat 2000 cals of kale? It's not easy.

That said, it doesn't mean people who occasionally eat ice cream or a hot dog are killing themselves or something, or that they can't lose weight. People who 'eat clean' just get excited because they have found a way that is easy for them to lose weight, while also getting in a lot more nutrients than they would otherwise. I don't think there's anything wrong with them talking about it, just like there's nothing wrong with having a poptart or an Oreo if you feel like it. Everything in moderation.

WORD! It isn't all or nothing... and eating at an appropriate deficit (clean or not) is probably going to get results.