Venus Factor Info Please

Pipsg1rl
Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
I recently saw a pinterest post on this and started to watch the video out of curiosity. Can someone tell me what this plan is all about?

There seriously is not any information out there!!

--no sales or naysayers please. I'm just want someone to give me the gist of this "miracle program."

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    there is no miracle.

ever.

it's all sweat, blood and hard work and a desire to want it badly enough.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    The book?

51N8F61gljL._SL500_SY300_.jpg

^^^^by the way Alex_is_hawks is awesome.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    there is no miracle.

ever.

Can I put this on my wall? Great statement and it says it all !
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    there is no miracle.

ever.

And she obviously knows what she is talking about.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    there is no miracle.

ever.

sure...go ahead...just credit me.
  • Pipsg1rl
    I wanted real information. My miracle comment was sarcastic.

Thanks for your responses though, keeps the post moving forward.

I'm sure other people are looking for what kind of workout or food changes are recommended.

And no, not the book. I'm not much of a "Sci-Fi" girl.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Are you talking about this http://www.venusfactor.com/ ? If so, message californiagirl2012. She's all about that stuff. She's the first one on this page http://www.venusfactor.com/real-user-experiences/
  • Pipsg1rl
    Thanks for the link, Just! I'll take a look.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    I am looking for information on this as well. The website is a complete mess! A long winded video all about nothing and just doesn't show you exactly what you get for your money. Is it books? It is workout videos? How long is the program? How much does it cost, and more importantly, is it just a one time fee? Why are the forums blocked from public view? One should be able to read them without registering.

Why is it so hard to just find information on this program? GGRRR
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    there is no miracle.

ever.

Absolute truth. People selling BS plans on "miracle" diet techniques are just looking to make money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    I have been involved with the Adonis Index (male version) and it is a great program. They charge more that most because they provide some pretty fantastic information and guidance. Part of the reason it is expensive is they make most of their money from subscriptions and not from selling supplements or the such. Part of the reason it is concealed is they're selling information and once let too much go for free, you lose any ability to maintain a viable operation. It is very weight-lifting centered for the men and I have been avoiding lifting until I get leaner but the information they have provided has been central in me staying focused on my goals and not being lured away by the 1,000's of fads promoted everyday.
  • ebgbjo
    It isn't a "diet" nor do they quote "miracle" anywhere.
    It is a workout program. However, can't find much information on it so I am not exactly sure if it is a DVD program you get, like BeachBody programs (which are HARD work) or if it is just books, which I do not want.
    there is no miracle.

ever.

Absolute truth. People selling BS plans on "miracle" diet techniques are just looking to make money.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    It isn't a "diet" nor do they quote "miracle" anywhere.
    It is a workout program. However, can't find much information on it so I am not exactly sure if it is a DVD program you get, like BeachBody programs (which are HARD work) or if it is just books, which I do not want.
    This is a program "appealing" to females and just another BS pseudoscience operation built to make money from those who want an easier way. Sorry, but getting fit and lean takes a lot of work and consistency. That's the secret.

IDEA Fitness member
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    The Venus program appears to be a good one, but primarily focused on aesthetic, vs. functional strength. They appear to have a good mix of recommended exercise for women, focused on lifting, some cardio. They have podcasts, and an integrative website. Another poster recommended californiagirl2012 as a go to resource about this, I would agree, as well as the link provided. I believe it runs around 79.00 a month, but check it out with californiagirl2012, she will steer you right.
  • ebgbjo
    No duh. No where on the site, or by people using it, did they say otherwise. Of course it takes hard work.
  • smit5852
    smit5852 Posts: 5 Member
    It is not 79.00 a month. It's a 79.00 one time fee for the ebooks. And they are ebooks. With your purchase, you get access to the forums (which are an amazing resource, btw). They also have blogs, which you can set up for yourself. You can print off the workouts and take them to the gym or just keep them for home use. There are links to videos of every exercise, showing you exactly how to do it.

I can tell you, It is so worth it. It is not a miracle system. It is still calories in, calories out, very MFP friendly. Most people track cals on here, loseit, or spark people. It is challenging, to be sure, but it is also accessible. There is calorie software that helps you find the appropriate amount you should be eating based on where you are in your weight loss goals. It is based on an aesthetic, which I actually really like. It gives you something to aim for, rather than just willy nilly dieting and/or working out. I've used Beachbody systems and done crossfit, but each time (I put on weight, both muscle and fat, really easily, btw) I would get fitter, but bulk up in all the wrong places. With VF, I have more control over where I put on muscle because I am training for a specific look.

I have used the program for several years. Two years ago, I used it to lose about 15 pounds and completely recomp my body. I didn't know how to do maintenance, though, so I rebounded. I put on about 30 pounds (not all fat... I'm definitely stronger than I was) and am now using their principles to steadily lose again. I have just entered their most recent contest (open to all people who buy the venus factor system). You can go to the venus factor blog and see the results people have had from the contests. It's not BS. It's hard work, but it's worth it.

Also, the community is absolutely invaluable. The women are so helpful and encouraging. All newbies get discouraged and overwhelmed at first, but the ladies just lift you up. There is no cattiness. It's amazing and wonderful. You can always try it out and get a refund if you hate it. They're awesome about that.
  • catmarch4
    catmarch4 Posts: 17 Member
    Hey - don't know if you found the info you wanted, but just in case I thought I'd reply. I just bought the Venus Factor today. I had the same feelings about their website as you did, but I found a video of the ebook contents on Youtube, so I used that to make my decision to buy. You get a couple ebooks about the program principles and 12 week's worth of workouts. If you want more details, feel free to message me.
  • smit5852
    smit5852 Posts: 5 Member
    And actually, guys, there is only a $47 dollar one time fee for access to the community, calorie software, and workouts and any updates to the workouts.

The 79.00/month is a payment plan for Immersion, which is a program you can buy (I think it's total 700 dollars or something) where you will get access to all products they have out now and any they will come out with later, plus podcasts that are only available to immersion clients. I did a free trial of it and it's really great. I'm just a poor college student and couldn't swing the payment at that time. I am almost certainly going to buy immersion once I get a steady paycheck again.

It's really a great system, and the guys are on the community all the time. They're solid.
  • Im looking into trying it... does it really help u lose this nasty weight
  • Annalisa_87
    Annalisa_87 Posts: 56 Member
    As a user I can say it was very helpful for a beginner such as myself, I am currently on the fourth week out of twelve and I am still sticking with it which is a good sign. Here is a review I found helpful from a user http://www.venusfactortruth.com